Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

On 17/08/2020 at 13:01, Conrad said:

Normally I would agree with that, but in the current climate, and with him nearing the end of his career, he’s probably realised that he will have to take a pay cut wherever he goes.

i think he started at Crwho, so if he’s fairly local, what he loses in wages, he’ll save in travelling costs.

He was born and brought up in Winsford and now lives in Audlem.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

I honestly despair with some Vale fans... Is it bred into our DNA that we have to seek out negativity???? As I'm typing this, we've have just launched the nicest football strip I can remember, desig

Posted Images

I'm not ITK so have no idea, but a Mansfield fan on Twitter very confident Mr Maynard is on his way here. Says he can't say much but asks people to DM him if they want more evidence.

Anyone who thinks this is anything but a superb signing is bad. Proper bagsman. When tinpot team number 6 arrive at VP and stick 10 behind the ball, just lob one into the mixer and let Nicky boy turn home. He's done it for years. 

Top scorer in League 2 18/19, second top scorer (in a woeful team and only starting 29 games due to rotation). HMS P*ss the League.

IF it is maynard then imo it would be a big show of intent by the club as he is the kind of player we would never of dreamed of over the past decade or more(as with hughes really),for me he would be first choice and over the last few years he is most certainly a 1 in 2 scorer

46 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Foley is captain at St Mirren i believe. Alnwick played well against Rangers the other week despite the score line. Far worse teams then St mirren like Dundee and Hamilton 

Dundee aren't in the same league as them.

Anyone saying that Maynard wouldn't be anything but a terrific signing should just follow cricket. If we had him in the side last season I have no doubt we would have been playing in the play-offs.

49 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Anyone saying that Maynard wouldn't be anything but a terrific signing should just follow cricket. If we had him in the side last season I have no doubt we would have been playing in the play-offs.

No signing is a guaranteed success. My guess would be he has at least one more season at this level but players in their mid 30s just lose it at some point. 

If it is Maynard, he could be the Lee Hughes piece of the jigsaw that saw us over the line 7 years ago. Of course Popey got 33 that season but Hughes' 10 goals from January onwards were a big help too. Without doubt Maynard is a goal scorer in a similar ilk

My only slight worry would be having two strikers 34 and Pope being 35 during the campaign but I'd hope the younger legs of Cullen and more so Rodney could take the pressure off in that sense. We also have goals across the midfield(only really Joyce who has never scored many in his career) plus wingers Worrall and Amoo. 

23 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Will there be a place for Trickett-Smith, this season?

I believe he is impressing those who need to be impressed so far,maybe he could become that surprise package burgess was,who knows

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JRC said:

No signing is a guaranteed success. My guess would be he has at least one more season at this level but players in their mid 30s just lose it at some point. 

True that would be my only slight worry although I'm a big believer in if you have that knack as a goalscorer you always have it. 

Lee Hughes for example was just a natural at it. 

About 3 or 4 years after he'd left Vale, I went to my local social club on a Monday night. The football club who play there happened to be playing Telford in a friendly game who Lee Hughes was with as a coach. To cut a long story short he brought himself on for the 2nd half probably to give the younger lads in the team some help and guess what, he scored. Admittedly this was against West Midlands premier standard opposition but he must have been 40 by this point and still looked a class act in and around the area. 

• Like 1