Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

33 minutes ago, JRC said:

Vale offer an education programme for the players now to prepare for when they finish playing. I believe they are working toward their coaching qualifications. There are an unbelievable number of academies around the world where parents pay for coaching for their children. I think they are working towards their qualifications. Its probably attractive for some players as part of the offer we make. I think most of the players are working towards some for of qualification.

That's a brilliant idea. Especially with SGP just down the road for FA facilities for badges and exams and stuff. Great work Vale.

Every bugger has an academy these days. Shuker, Tonge, Joycey immediately come to mind. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

I honestly despair with some Vale fans... Is it bred into our DNA that we have to seek out negativity???? As I'm typing this, we've have just launched the nicest football strip I can remember, desig

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Unofficial Vale alluding to us being interested in David Fitzpatrick - the 30 year old ex-Macclesfield left back that scored against us last season.

Would really give up depth at full back; Gibbons, Monty, Mills, Fitzpatrick.

Would allow Crooks to focus on improving as a centre-back and fill the 4th choice role there.

The squad is lovely and balanced; I'd say one of the most settled squads, lacking glaring weaknesses and comfortable with the style of play asked for by the manager. If we secure the coveted forward, I'll be very pleased.

Askey says in his interview that none of the trialists have 'shone', but some look alright. Will wait and see how they perform in the friendlies. Wants to have a look at a couple more keepers which suggests Lovatt and Visser haven't won the job.

27 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Unofficial Vale alluding to us being interested in David Fitzpatrick - the 30 year old ex-Macclesfield left back that scored against us last season.

Can't really see it. We have 20 over 21s from a limit of 22 and the manager wants a striker and a keeper. The only way it will happen is if someone leaves or he signs someone for his priority positions under 21.

Advert:

Can't really see it. We have 20 over 21s from a limit of 22 and the manager wants a striker and a keeper. The only way it will happen is if someone leaves or he signs someone for his priority positions under 21.

Entirely possible to sign a keeper who is u21 to sit on a bench

I anticipate Daniel Trickett-Smith will be loaned out again.

30 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:
44 minutes ago, JRC said:

I anticipate Daniel Trickett-Smith will be loaned out again.

There's nowhere to loan him to until the leagues below the EFL start back. Until then he is our player. He did ok in his one appearance.  They may take a look at him over preseason and possibly off to pay him up to the end of his contract. 

15 minutes ago, JRC said:

There's nowhere to loan him to until the leagues below the EFL start back. Until then he is our player. He did ok in his one appearance.  They may take a look at him over preseason and possibly off to pay him up to the end of his contract. 

Good point - I believe non-league resumes again in October.

Same goes for Ryan Campbell-Gordon too. Both have a great opportunity to impress now.

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Askey has confirmed it is Ethan Beckford on trial - he's the nephew of Darren Beckford too!

I always thought we made a bit of a mistake haggling over signing Jason after we had him on loan.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Santa said:

I always thought we made a bit of a mistake haggling over signing Jason after we had him on loan.

Really?  From memory Sir John had issues with the agents demands, which would have resulted in little upside for The Vale.

Aside from that, went on to achieve absolutely nothing, and only a very limited amount of appearances.

Gained the impression attitude far greater than his ability.

I got a report from someone who watched training today, Beckford showed some glimpses of there being a player in there... chased down Zach Mills won the ball (showing pace) then found Joyce for a lovely finish to the bottom corner, then shortly after charged Brisley down, out muscled him before finishing himself.
Granted it was only a practice match to finish the session, be certainly showed potential for a Midfielder.

Interestingly however,  he left immediately after training without getting changed.

It will be interesting to see if he plays tomorrow.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Interestingly however,  he left immediately after training without getting changed.

Nothing in that mate. That's a CV19 requirement, no changing rooms for a while.

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

Really?  From memory Sir John had issues with the agents demands, which would have resulted in little upside for The Vale.

Aside from that, went on to achieve absolutely nothing, and only a very limited amount of appearances.

Gained the impression attitude far greater than his ability.

53 games 4 goals. A huge loss!!

Advert:

6 hours ago, toyahw said:

Does anyone else think we were a bit hasty ditching Dior? Looked alright to me, did everything asked of him on loan. Were there attitude problems or something?

Both Angus and Quigley may come back to haunt us this season. In Angus's case Askey won't have seen much of him and was looking to bring his own players in.

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

Does anyone else think we were a bit hasty ditching Dior? Looked alright to me, did everything asked of him on loan. Were there attitude problems or something?

Angus and Quigley are a National League winning strike partnership so are clearly both good enough for mid table League Two. I guess Askey just felt he had better options to suit his team.