Sign in to follow this  
robf

Match Thread Rewind: Derby County vs Port Vale 1990

It's a stonking game and I think it's the first time the whole ninety minutes has been shown to an audience as it's only been available before on VHS (not on TV) so I hope you enjoy.

It finished 1-1 at Vale Park - can the Valiants add another famous cup scalp at the Baseball Ground?

The URL for the premiere at 7.30pm is - 

1 minute ago, points-with-bone said:

Enjoying this, but the video seems to be several seconds ahead of the commentary. Is that the same for everybody else or am I having a 'local problem'?

Points-with-Bone

Seems synced up here. Sorry you're having issues.

Loving it Rob , thanks. JJ Jeffers on fire. Saunders a show pony. Aspo and Glover have him in their pockets. 

Damn. Why are we playing in away strip? Shilton and Mark Wright weren't too shabby Railway.

Edited by toyahw

9 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

There’s some journeymen in this Derby side. Hindmarch, Hebberd, Pickering to name a few 

To me the quality of the football from both teams [especially when compared to what we get served up these days] is really excellent, especially considering the roughness of the pitch

Points-with-Bone

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Damn. Why are we playing in away strip? Shilton and Mark Wright weren't too shabby Railway.

Jesus, I forgot we were away. Get in Ray Walker!

Loved it Rob. Thanks. Many of my all time heroes there. And they were pretty damn good. Not seen anything to change my opinion that Robbie Earle is the best player to put on a Vale shirt in my lifetime. But great performances all round in that game.

Another great Monday evening's entertainment. When you look at the Vale team - balanced, quality in every position, full of running and excellent movement and passing, it makes you realise what a genius Rudgey was. There wasn't a weakness in the side.

Still, you never know - we're on our way back and who knows how far we can go with the Shanahans and JA in charge.

Thanks again, Rob.

• Like 1

Enjoyed that,. Went a pub after and Davies ex Derby striker came in, not a happy man.

I'm sure we want to be on Saturday and won 3-2. Simon mills came on before the start in a wig. What a great week.

• Like 1

Great result and an even better performance ! Once we got the ball on the ground we took control of the game and were the better team. Cross was a fantastic player with his back to goal. Never really got the full credit that he deserved. 

• Like 4

My personal favourite I must say. I've seen a lot of the others I've posted but not seen a full 90 mins of this one till last week. 

Another popular away trip to come in next Monday's broadcast...