onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Fans - No Bottle?

Bede

Problem is no one cares anymore. Stoke fans yesterday would have smashed the place up and tipped olivers car over , vale fans were lucky to get 100 people turn up

My wife and I had no intention of going to yesterday's game but we did go to protest.

We walked down Hamil Road and except for all the parked cars you wouldn't have known there was a football match going on as it was very quiet.

The first moment we actually heard the crowd was on the corner of the Lorne St.

We approached the Main Entrance at 3:10 and were sad to see how few were actually protesting.

Hundreds have posted on here about wanting the Directors out and they have stated that they will protest. Equal numbers have said that they will not attend matches or spend money in the club shop but they would continue to protest.

The number of protesters during yesterday's match, INCLUDING my wife and I, was 2!!!...... Some protest!!

There lies the problem, not enough people care enough about their club to do something about the **** who are slowing but surely destroying it.======

Advert

My wife and I had no intention of going to yesterday's game but we did go to protest.

We walked down Hamil Road and except for all the parked cars you wouldn't have known there was a football match going on as it was very quiet.

The first moment we actually heard the crowd was on the corner of the Lorne St.

We approached the Main Entrance at 3:10 and were sad to see how few were actually protesting.

Hundreds have posted on here about wanting the Directors out and they have stated that they will protest. Equal numbers have said that they will not attend matches or spend money in the club shop but they would continue to protest.

The number of protesters during yesterday's match, INCLUDING my wife and I, was 2!!!...... Some protest!!

There lies the problem, not enough people care enough about their club to do something about the **** who are slowing but surely destroying it.======

Was something organised for yesterday then?

I bet some of them will be getting a visit from the old bill following evidence on this site and video evidence from yesterday. Im guessing the old bill watch you tube and read this site.

I get the feeling they will try and nip this in the bud.

I won't, I wasn't there!

Interim board of who,why have they not invested to date.

Some of the board have invested thousands there are not going to walk away,would you, if i had the means eg millions to spare I would not touch the club with a barge pole having seen how some of the protesters behave Even MC must think he could do without the hastle.You are no helping to make PV an attractive proposition.

They may have invested thousands, but due their own mismanagement their shares are now worthless. Why does an interim board have had to invest anything? Their job would be to oversee the running of the business to protect the business and its shareholders in the short term whilst at the same time seeking new investment and owners. This could be done eg. by a firm of accountants. An interim board needs tohave the experience and knowledge to do the above, owning shares is irrelevant.

They may have invested thousands, but due their own mismanagement their shares are now worthless. Why does an interim board have had to invest anything? Their job would be to oversee the running of the business to protect the business and its shareholders in the short term whilst at the same time seeking new investment and owners. This could be done eg. by a firm of accountants. An interim board needs tohave the experience and knowledge to do the above, owning shares is irrelevant.

Firm of accountants fine, supporters or protesters no,sounds to much like groundhog day the exact purpose of the original v2001 i think.

Firm of accountants fine, supporters or protesters no,sounds to much like groundhog day the exact purpose of the original v2001 i think.

So if some of these protestors are accountants or lawyers,they aren't acceptable to you? The purpose of an interim board is to oversee the handing over of the club to new owners not an 8 year "solution".

I think you just believe what you want to, ask yourself why on the poll recently less than 10% of fans pledged to protest after the game. Can you think of reasons why?

Let's not have the old, people are bored now of it, people cant be bothered to protest, etc etc

How many people protested last season, or even the first day this season? Where are those people now and why won't they turn up anymore? You are saying it is not plausible that 2 out of those 10s of protesters didn't like the"if your not with us your against us" attitude of the supposed leaders?

Time for new ideas, I don't know who should be embarrased more by only 40 protesters turning up, the club or the protesters. More people turn up at Asda at midnight when the new Call of Duty is due out.

correct we need unity there are not many vale supports as it is.Small club with a big attitude with out foundation.

So if some of these protestors are accountants or lawyers,they aren't acceptable to you? The purpose of an interim board is to oversee the handing over of the club to new owners not an 8 year "solution".

No youve had your moment and messed up time to move on.

No youve had your moment and messed up time to move on.

Small club with a big attitude with out foundation.

You sum up exactly what is wrong at port vale, and why we are in this mess. Happy (in fact wanting) to be little port vale, no ambition, and angry at anyone thinking to better ourselves. Unless you have only watched vale for a couple of year, I have no idea where you are coming from.

Yesterday at the protest I walked around to see if the Bycars gate was open and it was. I returned to the protest to get word out and to raise folk into getting in.

When we ran, it looked and sounded like a large number were following.

We took the stewards by surprise and got into the stadium barely challenged.

Once in, I looked back and there were only about 40 max of us. Why?

There was no violence, we didn't threaten the stewards, we weren't hellbent on causing damage, I just wanted to get inside and give it to them from a different angle.

If a large number had followed we could have easily had a sit in on the pitch. It's newsworthy and embarrassing for the directors. It's a fresh approach to make our presence felt and it wasn't getting the club into trouble or disrupting the football.

What I don't understand is the lack of willingness by fans to do something other than stand looking at a row of stewards?

We need to take these opportunities to mix it up. The stewards won't know what to expect.

How many that spout off on here are actually up for taking action with fresh approaches? If we want these ****ers put under intense pressure we need to do more than stand looking at eachother hoping somebody else will do something.

You do know that some of us could lose our jobs if filmed or photographed doing something like this that is why so many people are reluctant to carry out anything that looks like direct action involving the storming of entrances, pitches etc. Where would we find similiar jobs with a possible conviction and or bad pubicity? It is not that we are apathetic or have no guts as you kindly put it, the best solution is to contribute to the supporter's club fighting fund which I will be doing when paid again and let the supporter's club take the legal route and vote off the fab four at an EGM. Failing that hit them where it hurts by not renewing season ticket's or purchasing anything from the club.

correct we need unity there are not many vale supports as it is.Small club with a big attitude with out foundation.

Small club? I have to disagree with you there. I don't think we are a massive club but Port Vale is under performing and has been doing so for a decade. When you take into account the potential fan base, history, stadium surely we are team in my opinion who should be a yo yo club between the Championship and League 1. Look at the small teams that have progressed with investment and attracted more supporters like Wigan Athletic and Swansea city.

Did you support the Vale in the 90s? Did you go to VP when we were in the second tier? You obviously didn't see the good times and the potential there is at the club. I was speaking with a Spurs fan last night and he couldn't believe we were in the basement division. The problem with the club is some supporters like Valiant 2001 have no vision and ambition and have been happy to see us slide down the league tables. You surely can't think we belong on the same level as teams like Burton Albion, Macclesfield, Cheltenham, Aldershot etc? Yet in many ways these small clubs are so much better run. Another one of my friends who is a Burton fan was telling me that they actually make a profit each year.

Archived