Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
robf

New forum open for business

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

There was a tick missing in the settings - should be fixed now 😉

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Just now, rsb said:

Hi robf looks good will let you know if I have to keep signing in.

I am keeping everything crossed you don't have to anymore...

9 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Lovely job Rob 

Thank you. Still a few things to tweak though 😉

For those interested in just how many things you lot post here is an article on the migration:

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2019/06/ovf-forum-upgrade-successful-as-850000-posts-are-migrated/

I had kittens when I saw it was 850,000 posts but it went as smoothly as I could have wished.

I changed the app's setting to the new forum but it won't work so I'll speak to their support (sorry app users) and there's a weird bug with the homepage only showing two forum topics but I think that's about it for now (so now bad I reckon)...

Pleasantly surprised by the look and feel of it Rob.... May take a little getting used to, old habits and all that, but first impressions.... .WOW I like it.

Good job mate.

I've even got smilies 👏

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gungho_ED said:

Wheres the new posts button gone Rob?

There's a number of options to see new posts now. If you're on desktop there's a "latest posts" in the top RH Corner (it's lower down on mobile) but you can also use the "Activity" link in the top menu to see the latest posts, replies and so on... Hope that helps.

Hi Rob, looking good but there seems to be no cancel option once you have started writing a reply, am I missing something? 

Edited by Rampant Zebra

14 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Hi Rob, looking good but there seems to be no cancel option once you have started writing a reply, am I missing something? 

Good question. I think you can manually just delete the text from the box. I will look into that though - there may be an option I have switched off. 

By the way, the good news for me is that this system has an inbuilt support option in the Admin area. It means I can fire off a ticket asking your question and they will get back to me.

It may not sound like much but their support is quick, efficient and helpful. 

With the old forum part of the problem was that their support was slow, often rude (simply wouldn't support any modifications to their "core" software) and defensive (would not admit any deficiencies in the software).

So, I am confident that if you have questions or issues I can at least get a quick answer from support.

Just looking at the Reputation section. Is there a way we can vote down posts, say if someone was constantly negative about the club and the new players and mentioned Louis Dodds in a disparaging way in every post?

• Haha 1

Thanks Rob, I only realised when I was trying to draw your attention to the fact that occasionally random incorrect characters appear in some posts, I forgot to highlight the bits of the screen grab and realised I couldn't cancel the post! 

image.thumb.png.3c73ab612dfd359ea3e9b1b20b47b724.png

• Thanks 1