onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Champions League 18/19

Fosse69

It’s not me who is suggesting he’s got issues on the LFC forums and needs resting.As long as I am nowhere near your padded cell,i’ll get better.Whereas you....

Why are you even browsing the Liverpool forums? 😂

Think your a closet Liverpool fan really. That would explain why you're so obsessed with them.

Advert

Disagree with an opinion by all means but that sort of response is uncalled for mate.

First of all, Howjy has said just as bad to myself here. Secondly, he's big and ugly enough to take it on the chin, but more importantly he also knows that my comments here in general aren't at all to be taken seriously.

I was privileged to be at Liverpool v PSG game tonight. It was a fantastic game and Liverpool won against a seriously good PSG side. Technically that game was at the highest level all over the pitch and every player. The territorial advantage Liverpool had iis slightly deceiving because in fact PSG had 48% of the ball and completed more passes according to my Sky footie app.

Mistakes in a game at this level have to be taken in context because the opposition are so good and because they are regularly trying stuff that is technically difficult individually and as a team. You can't pick up the whole team and pitch view on TV nor be close enough to see the close control the players have.

I have seen a lot of top level football over many years but that was right up there tonight.

Great post. Good to see someone talking a bit of sense and not just spouting nonsense because they have an agenda against myself or Liverpool. Or both in Howjy's case. :laugh:

First of all, Howjy has said just as bad to myself here. Secondly, he's big and ugly enough to take it on the chin, but more importantly he also knows that my comments here in general aren't at all to be taken seriously.

We all know your comments on here can’t be taken seriously

Liverpool deserved the win last night but did make hard work of it, defensively Liverpool looked poor and will often have the need to out score the opposition as keeping a clean sheet against the top teams will be virtually none existent.

At the game and able to see the whole pitch a number of things stand out.

Liverpool play all out attacking football with all out pressing from the front. It is very well drilled and organised. So people will say Mbappe and Neymar were quiet or lazy etc. They were not. There was a stunning level of work to close them down and surround them at source every time the ball went anywhere near them. So I thought Liverpool were actually very good defensively.

That said PSG have good players everywhere and for example Cavani was mega impressive and so too Marquinhos. So PSG are good enough to break down any team any time. As the workload takes its toll in the second half it became more difficult for Liverpool to cope with them all as the pressing gets a yard or two less effective. Liverpool were in danger of losing at the end with the sub of Sallah coming probably 10 minutes too late.

As Liverpool are all out attack the front three and particularly Sallah do that in every situation all the time. Against West Ham, the other game I saw earlier this season, that sort of side gets blown away. But against a team at PSG's level this creative stuff gets defended more often and boy they are dangerous on the counter attack.

It is like a different sport at this level. Both sides are lethal in possession anywhere on the pitch. I mean there is passing and crossing going on from situations that borderline impossible. One of the main practitioners of the impossible pass is Milner. Second half he was trapped down by the corner flag and still bent an incredible cross to the back post with zero tolerance along the goal line and clearing the keeper.

Archived