onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

AC Milan FFP ban

AC Milan have been banned from next seasons Europa League after being found guilty of breaking Financial Fair Play rules.

I get the general gist of what FFP means, but how come Man City, PSG, Real Madrid etc seem to “pass” this criteria ?

There must be rules, but to me they seem cloudy to say the least ? :wacko:

Advert

Don't quote me but I think club's like Citahh get round it by having ludicrous 'sponsorship' deals where the club is 'sponsored' by someone like Etihad who also happen to be owned by the club's owner.

Haven't PSG been ordered to sell players by 30th June to avoid a similar fate?

Must be a grey area, who decides what is reasonable? Are they allowed to sponsor up to a neighbour`s level? But Citah are only one club in their business structure, they own clubs in other countries and trade between them. Much stricter in L2.

Must be a grey area, who decides what is reasonable? Are they allowed to sponsor up to a neighbour`s level? But Citah are only one club in their business structure, they own clubs in other countries and trade between them. Much stricter in L2.
I think you're right, basically it's like most 'law', especially financial, it only applies to the plebs.

Clubs can get around it by means of sponsorship. Etihad at Man City. Bet365 at Stoke...etc....

You’re probably right, but I thought I’d read somewhere that this source of income was not “counted” ?

Either way, it’s all very cloudy as to what is “Fair Play” and what isn’t.

I seem to recall PSG wanted to buy Mbappe last year but couldn't because of FFP so took him on loan for a year so they could buy him in a different financial year??

They aren’t going to be able to this year because of FFP. City are in for him apparently

You’re probably right, but I thought I’d read somewhere that this source of income was not “counted” ?

Either way, it’s all very cloudy as to what is “Fair Play” and what isn’t.

I don't know about the Champions League, but it is counted in the Championship. Leicester were considered to have claimed too much for the King Power naming rights in their last promotion season. No doubt a betting firm would be allowed more for a world-wide brand? But as with all rules the limits are pushed, that is what the top executives in the very big clubs are paid for, and get sacked for if they get it wrong.

You could hardly call AC Milan and PSG plebs of the football world.

no but somewhere along the washing line if not the whole of the laundry some garments got a bit singed as they were being ironed,or too dirty to get clean.it happens with English money as well as that foreign stuff from the far east.

• 4 weeks later...

Take 2.

Milan’s ban has now been lifted after the Italians took the FFP ruling to the Court of arbitration for Sport.

Milan’s argument was basically that yes they had broke the rules, but so had Citeh and PSG previously and they were not banned.

CAS agreed.

Is there really any point in this Financial Fair Play farce ?

Archived