onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

In Conversation With Peter Miller

carpetman123

Well thanks for all the sarcastic comments but as they say dont shoot the messenger!!!

I received a phone call from him this afternoon out of the blue and as I had been voicing my concerns to people who work at Vale regarding the RW suite and lack of news about when work was about to start and their unprofessionalism in not letting contractors know whats going on, as indeed the supporters, I took the opportunity to 'quiz' him regarding a few other things purely as a supporter....

BLUE SKY INVESTMENT

He catagorically denied the deal had fallen through and has been trying to get the 'contractual issue' sorted to move everything concerning the investment on and assured me that hopefully everything would be sorted by next week, he said it would have been this week but its Thansgiving in the states at the mo and is like a holiday so there is a delay and as soon as its resolved there will be a statement which he said once everyone knows what the problem was people would realise thats why they could,nt reveal the problem.

SUPPORTERS CLUB MEETING

I said that we as supporters need to be kept in the loop about things regarding 'goings on ' at the club and all the rumours about admin and all the other stories doing the rounds at the minute and would be advantageous if they faced the fans at a public meeting

He said that, as he stated in the press, there should be only 2 voices heard at the club and that was the Manager and the CEO and it was,nt their way, his words, that they would turn up at Tommy's faced with supporters who been drinking for a free for all.

They would much prefer to, as has been agreed with the supporters club that they would discuss with a representation of supporters as a conduit between the supporters as a whole.

He also said that at any time anyone wanted to call by and have a chat (a la Bill Bratt) then he is more than happy to discuss anything with anyone and stressed that he is very approachable

MONEY FOR PLAYERS

I also asked why were,nt we looking at bringing in loan players to help us over this difficult time and he said that him and Micky were discussing it and there certainly will be new players coming in, in January but it is a delicate subject as they dont want to alert clubs and players that there maybe would be money available for obvious reasons, he told me that when he was at Northampton a few seasons ago that they bought Josh Lowe and ended up paying £165,000 for him and now he cant get in Cheltenhams side at the mo.

He said he was at Grimsby last night and he said although he has only been at Vale a few weeks that he did feel dissapointed along with the 112 fans who.d made the effort to support the team

TRANSPARENCY

I said that I was grateful for the call and that I thought that if you can just ring me up out of the blue like that what was wrong with just putting out a simple statement letting the fans know what is going on, I said we ,d had enough of the silences from the last board of directors and he recognised that they are falling down at the moment with this and promised to rectify it by putting out a statement asap

RW SUITE

Work apparently is due to commence next week so we will wait and see on that one and re-interated that it was not under threat and was a completely seperate issue

So, all in all not a bad conversation and much appreciated and he also went on to say that he was disapointed by the SC cancelling the meeting that was scheduled before the last SC meeting 2 weeks ago and re-interated that they want a rep from the supporters club to sit in at Board Meetings and sooner that is sorted the better.

Did,nt ask about the rumours regarding wether him and Deakin had actually paid for their shares....should have done really but I could,nt remember everything ...sorry!!!!

See you all at the SC meeting tomorow night oh and to answer Santa's post he just sounds 'southern'

Thanks for letting us know:yes:

Although if i didn't know better i would have said that you had been talking to Bill Bratt,i guess Billy must have left his book in the office:D

Advert

I wonder why he doesn't attend the SC meeting at the beginning when the we the supporters haven't finished our first pint? Did he say which potential investor he is entertaining on Friday, hence the need for a large gate and hence his call to you today?

Go and see him Caroline he says he,s very approachable and said he,d chat over a coffee why dont you put it to the test and ask him yourself

Im guessing it was because if you make it known to other clubs that you have a lot of money then they may up their asking price, not sure though.

I thought that also, but Josh Low is a cracking player and would improve this side massively.

Not saying he's worth that money now but he would of been a few years back surely. Cracking left peg on the lad.

Why doesnt he try get him on loan then ......

I thought that also, but Josh Low is a cracking player and would improve this side massively.

Not saying he's worth that money now but he would of been a few years back surely. Cracking left peg on the lad.

Why doesnt he try get him on loan then ......

Is Lowe the bald lad? If so he is a good player.

Im guessing it was because if you make it known to other clubs that you have a lot of money then they may up their asking price, not sure though.

Yes that was the point he was trying to make that clubs would want an inflated fee and players inflated wages for very average players if they know you have money to spend....but hey lets wait and see in Jan!!

Fingers crossed then lol.bet this statement gas cheesed a few of the Ovf stay at home natives off

Not at all. If what he says is true then it means the club have investment coming in, will sign players in Jan and look to be ran in an proper, open and transparent manner. What more can we ask for?

But as it says, IF what he says is true. Trust need to be earned and built, the new lot have yet to do this. But if they can live up to what Miller has told Carpetman, then I see no issue in not beginning to trust them and give them time. There are a few ifs in there though.

That is true, but at some time, some of the money needs to be spent, otherwise there is no point in having the money, people may even believe there is no money, even if there is.

Archived