onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

it's okay Jean there's always tenant service to the manors across the land :whistling:
Yes, pity they didn't get a chunk of the contract to renovate Jacob Rees Mogg's country estate that was funded by £7.6m of public money. No wonder he opposes paying into the EU, he thinks public contributions should be paid to him. Fees for Eton for six Latin named children to study Classics don't come cheap you know.

Advert

Marvellous how bad Brexit is NOW,Where were the so well informed telling us this before the referendum.SOTT,the property developer,quotes 425,000 houses built in 1967.In 1967 we were not in the Common Market.Just something I noticed.No one truly knows the pros and cons of Brexit.Strange how the well informed are now agreeing with Mark Carney but slated George Osbourne for his predictions.Must be a leftie thing.
I was merely giving some information relevant to the prediction of a house building boom and mentioned the business sector I work in to show it's an area I have some knowledge of.

Yes, we weren't in the EU in 1967 but the point is that was our peak house building year and shows how far behind it we are now in a period where we need about 1.5m extra homes time now, so to try and close that gap we need funding and skilled workers time now and skills take time to acquire. In 1967 the UK building trade had a significant number of Irish workers to supplement the British workforce. When Berlin was rebuilt in the 90's there was a significant British workforce there. It's what happens in construction booms, immigrant workers flood in. Yes, we need more skilled construction workers and yes it would be a good thing but it has to be a long erm properly funded plan and I can't see that happening outside the EU due to the highly likely downturn in our economy, a lack of public spending and the historical evidence that the private sector has never met the demand for housing.

The ultimate irony of this is any shortfall in construction skills will most likely be met via immigration, just what Leave voters don't want. It takes years to train a bricklayer and there's a huge shortage of them right now which is why they're very expensive to employ at the moment.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk

Oh dear, looks like the Baron of Brexit himself, Jacob, along with his friends, isn't playing with a straight bat.

No doubt the Leaver Beavers will dismiss this as conspiracy / fake news / smear campaign / project fear / blah, blah, blah.

Account created due to increase in price of scallops caused by EU member France.:wink:

Account created due to increase in price of scallops caused by EU member France.:wink:
Well, that's a response I couldn't have predicted in a million years!

We should all enjoy the cheap scallops for the next year or two whilst they still exist, then we can move on to another creature we can exploit to extinction. Bugger future generations (in a metaphorical sense, not in an actual Crewe sense).

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk

Oh dear, looks like the Baron of Brexit himself, Jacob, along with his friends, isn't playing with a straight bat.

No doubt the Leaver Beavers will dismiss this as conspiracy / fake news / smear campaign / project fear / blah, blah, blah.

Interestingly this story was in the Daily Mail last week. It seems that the new editor, Geordie Grieg, is a rather different character to that loon Paul Dacre.

Marvellous how bad Brexit is NOW,Where were the so well informed telling us this before the referendum.SOTT,the property developer,quotes 425,000 houses built in 1967.In 1967 we were not in the Common Market.Just something I noticed.No one truly knows the pros and cons of Brexit.Strange how the well informed are now agreeing with Mark Carney but slated George Osbourne for his predictions.Must be a leftie thing.

When was it ever good? Before the Brexit referendum all you could say was "immigrants, sovereignty, take control, blue passports" and "we will be better off" - out of all that all your getting is a blue passport made in France which will cost you a bit of cash too.

If you weren't such an ignoramus you'd notice SOTT was pointing out property numbers and nothing more - you fail to understand anything and I'm genuinely surprised you can figure out how to use the Internet 😂

Your post again has 0 substance. Your living in hope Brexit 'wont be as bad as people say' 😂 what kind of numpty holds those beliefs?

Brexit has just become funny now, especially when you post such utter drivel and try to join a debate which you are clearly not cut out for! I'd be embarrassed if I was you, you've had 2 years to get up to speed and look at the state of the things you post 😂

Govt won't even tell you immigration plans because if they did then you'd be backing a vote on the final deal to stop it.

.No one truly knows the pros and cons of Brexit.

Are you alright? Or a bit, well, slow?

1) UK GDP is down 2.1%

2) £ is getting more and more devalued

3) FDI has reduced

4) Jobs are being lost

5) companies relocating

6) from top of G7 growth to bottom

7) staff shortages in certain sectors, NHS being one.

8) rise in hate/racist crime (although, I wonder how much that actually bothers you)

9) UK is completely split

10) Botched our position in the single market likely to have higher cost for us long term

....Shall I carry on? We're not even out yet.

Could you give me 5 pro's to Brexit without saying controlling our borders? Or sovereignty, or if you say sovereignty then explain exactly what laws you'd like to introduce.......

Just watched the Panorama special on Brexit.

One thing that wasn't said - we still don't know the intentions of the Government the other side of Brexit, that is if Brexit ever happens. Time to come clean and tell us the real agenda behind Brexit?

If it's a bonfire of EU social legislation then we have a right to know.

Are you alright? Or a bit, well, slow?

1) UK GDP is down 2.1%

2) £ is getting more and more devalued

3) FDI has reduced

4) Jobs are being lost

5) companies relocating

6) from top of G7 growth to bottom

7) staff shortages in certain sectors, NHS being one.

8) rise in hate/racist crime (although, I wonder how much that actually bothers you)

9) UK is completely split

10) Botched our position in the single market likely to have higher cost for us long term

....Shall I carry on? We're not even out yet.

Could you give me 5 pro's to Brexit without saying controlling our borders? Or sovereignty, or if you say sovereignty then explain exactly what laws you'd like to introduce.......

Highest employment for 40 years.Give me examples of the great exodus.Virtually accusing me of racism will get your ar5e kicked sonny.But hey let’s all defy a vote by the UK electorate and moan our bags out because the weak amongst us,such as yourself,are clueless to do anything else.

Archived