onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Team news: Forrester and Pugh start for Vale at Cheltenham

News Feed

Advert

I’d like to know how many chances forester keeps getting? Aspin is forever saying we need him show his potential. He then scores in a reserve game against 18 year old opposition and then does absolutely nothing on a Saturday.

Awful player. Yet another one to the list of many who’s stolen a wage for two years.

Any chance of dropping him Neil?

I’d like to know how many chances forester keeps getting? Aspin is forever saying we need him show his potential. He then scores in a reserve game against 18 year old opposition and then does absolutely nothing on a Saturday.

Awful player. Yet another one to the list of many who’s stolen a wage for two years.

Any chance of dropping him Neil?

I said something similar on another thread.

He had been given a lifeline by Aspin and you would have thought he was going to run himself stupid on Saturday. Instead we got another lacklustre, inept display from him. Admittedly there were 9 other useless implements around him(Hannant the only decent performance) but why can't he at least put in some effort?

The problem is that to be replaced at Vale now the players know anyone coming in is in fact as useless or bad as those that are being replaced and therefore determination and desire are not there.

Do Vale ever practice anything on the practice pitch because us suffering fans see NOTHING week in week out to make us believe they have at least tried to iron out some of the many problems?

Because of the bad weather they have been training on astro turf get them outside running in the mud on bycars field they then might be able to run on the vale park pitch plus do the warm up on the side of the pitch on match days theirs enough grass in stead of the pitch so they can't say the pitch had divets all over it.

I said something similar on another thread.

He had been given a lifeline by Aspin and you would have thought he was going to run himself stupid on Saturday. Instead we got another lacklustre, inept display from him. Admittedly there were 9 other useless implements around him(Hannant the only decent performance) but why can't he at least put in some effort?

The problem is that to be replaced at Vale now the players know anyone coming in is in fact as useless or bad as those that are being replaced and therefore determination and desire are not there.

Do Vale ever practice anything on the practice pitch because us suffering fans see NOTHING week in week out to make us believe they have at least tried to iron out some of the many problems?

I agree with that, but my concern or one of many since Christmas, is why's Lainton still our first choice goalie? he makes some good saves but his mistakes are basic errors, I feel more positive with Boot there...

It's been mentioned before, by me and others, but one huge problem Aspin has got is that a lot of the players surely realise and know that they will not be here next season which necessarily means that they might not be killing themselves for the cause.

Yes, I know professionals should always put in a big shift but it's human nature if you know you are leaving a job not to go the extra half a yard and not risk injury.

The loan players will go back, many whose contracts end will go and I daresay, like January, we'll look to pay off odd ones who are surplus to requirements.

This makes it very hard to motivate the players and get the best out of them. Aspin has to tread a fine line because these lads are all we've now got until May and we have to try and encourage and support them however poor we may think they are. It's not easy.

If this is the case, and Aspo can't motivate them, either by pointing out to them they are playing for a transfer or they will stay unplayed at the club till their contracts run out. Hard and its not the good way to do it but surely we've got 14 players if only youngsters who are willing to play for the club. The situation is getting very serious if we do go down we may well never get back up, so we've got to do what is needed to survive... He can't show weakness and pander to them, or they will carry on as they are doing knowing there's no one else to put in the team.

If this is the case what's brought this on?

It's been mentioned before, by me and others, but one huge problem Aspin has got is that a lot of the players surely realise and know that they will not be here next season which necessarily means that they might not be killing themselves for the cause.

Yes, I know professionals should always put in a big shift but it's human nature if you know you are leaving a job not to go the extra half a yard and not risk injury.

The loan players will go back, many whose contracts end will go and I daresay, like January, we'll look to pay off odd ones who are surplus to requirements.

This makes it very hard to motivate the players and get the best out of them. Aspin has to tread a fine line because these lads are all we've now got until May and we have to try and encourage and support them however poor we may think they are. It's not easy.

It really shows how poor we are as a team when,in desperation, we turn to Forrester. He is useless.

I know it appears negative but with the forwards available to us and the need for the midfield to ' help ' the defence we do need to play with Pope alone up front.

Then we need to support him from midfield.

Whitfield has to be the front runner from midfield.

What has happened to Harness ? I have never believed he is a great player but we have no one better and i always thought the ball followed him around and he did have plenty of the ball.

He just needs to learn what to do with it.

I cant understand Aspin completely ignoring him recently

If we have to play two up front then it has to be Barnett.

Forrester, Wilson, Angus wont do it.

Barnett too has been completely ignored recently and i dont understand this either

Surely now after Cheltenham, the signing from Lincoln - Howe -

will now get his chance in defence.

As for the keeper the only solution i can offer is -

Boot >>>>>>>>> and Lainton together.

God help us for the rest of the season

Archived