onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Budget

butt lane vale fan

I'm not sure there would be a huge queue of families and kids coming to watch us in the National League to be honest, so Fradley's point is moot. There weren't a huge queue of families coming to watch us when we were in the top half of League 1. I sometimes wonder if Fradley is smart enough to see what actually is going on?

Advert

I know it sounds as if fans are being greedy and want millions invested and Smurf prob thinks "ungrateful xxxxx", however like I say I'm not having a go at Norman. The thing is surely all football fans want their clubs to show ambition.

If you asked Bournemouth fan would they prefer Smurf or their owners / investors, who would they choose.

The likes of Swansea, Hull, Brighton. All clubs that we were competing against years ago.

It's soul destroying when you see how they have progressed yet we have gone backwards since Smurf took sole control.

Why can them clubs get serious investment and yet we can't.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the onevalefan mobile app

Have you seen Stoke-on-Trent and Burslem? City of culture my arse! Bring channel 4 here my arse

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

It is no accident fans were chanting Norman is a winker and to “get out of our club” last week at Stevenage.

Hiring Aspo on the cheap with lower budget expectations may make him and the fans happier for two weeks but it overlooks the cold, hard facts that every single year we were in league 1, the budget went down, down down.

I would love to know the reality with Brown. Did he really get the players he wanted or was he thwarted by budget problems?

Come on you can not sign 34 players "on the cheap"

Get over it Vale fans.

Norman gave him a budget and he wasted it by signing quantity over quality.

Norman should not have let brown be appointed. But browns budget was adequate end of.

Norman has now done the right thing and above.

Yes I was Normans biggest critique. But he had done us right now time to move on.

Come on you can not sign 34 players "on the cheap"

Get over it Vale fans.

Norman gave him a budget and he wasted it by signing quantity over quality.

Norman should not have let brown be appointed. But browns budget was adequate end of.

Norman has now done the right thing and above.

Yes I was Normans biggest critique. But he had done us right now time to move on.

I agree if it was a small budget we would have a small squad of rubbish players. However Chris Birchall said on the radio these players are on good money. Brown was 100% scapegoating.

It is no accident fans were chanting Norman is a winker and to “get out of our club” last week at Stevenage.

Hiring Aspo on the cheap with lower budget expectations may make him and the fans happier for two weeks but it overlooks the cold, hard facts that every single year we were in league 1, the budget went down, down down.

I would love to know the reality with Brown. Did he really get the players he wanted or was he thwarted by budget problems?

I think thé question is "did Brown spend the budget well?" The answer has to be a resounding "NO". We have 34 players, many of whom will never get a game or are simply not good enough. We should probably have a squad of around 24 plus young players out on loan.

So Aspo needs to send back some of the loanees, starting with a keeper we don't need, and get rid of another 8 or 9 players, and get down to around 20. Then sign 3 or 4 quality players that are going to make a big difference.

I'm still hoping Aspo knows of some hidden gems he can bring in from non-league.

I think thé question is "did Brown spend the budget well?" The answer has to be a resounding "NO". We have 34 players, many of whom will never get a game or are simply not good enough. We should probably have a squad of around 24 plus young players out on loan.

So Aspo needs to send back some of the loanees, starting with a keeper we don't need, and get rid of another 8 or 9 players, and get down to around 20. Then sign 3 or 4 quality players that are going to make a big difference.

I'm still hoping Aspo knows of some hidden gems he can bring in from non-league.

Problem is unless someone chooses to leave (which I doubt) or other clubs recall their loanees we are stuck till January which is scary. With Rudge around I think he knows what we need as well as Aspin.

Have you seen Stoke-on-Trent and Burslem? City of culture my arse! Bring channel 4 here my arse

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

The fact Scunthorpe is hardly the glamour capital of Europe didn't stop them having a £5million budget last Season. As confirmed by Norman on radio Stoke last Season. Come to mention it Bury on 2500 gates could afford to offer Pope more money than Vales few years back and now the likes of Beckford and that's with the likes of Man C and Man U on the doorstep.

For god's sake we can't even compete with the likes of bloody Mansfield now how embarrassing is that. So why can their owners show ambition and find massive investment but Vale can't.

The fact Scunthorpe is hardly the glamour capital of Europe didn't stop them having a £5million budget last Season. As confirmed by Norman on radio Stoke last Season. Come to mention it Bury on 2500 gates could afford to offer Pope more money than Vales few years back and now the likes of Beckford and that's with the likes of Man C and Man U on the doorstep.

For god's sake we can't even compete with the likes of bloody Mansfield now how embarrassing is that. So why can their owners show ambition and find massive investment but Vale can't.

Because Manchester and surrounding areas and Nottinghamshire is more attractive.

Scunthorpe I will grant you 😂

Archived