onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Budget

butt lane vale fan

Advert

I do like the fact on the features page Brown’s whining article is followed up by more rounded comments from Aspin regarding the cast size of the squad.

Makes Brown look a bit of a plank when he suggests no one would sign despite the fact he signed upwards of 30 players himself in two windows. He simply didn’t trust his assessment of quality so went for quantity, tue sign of a weak and doubtful manager.

Nice try Michael, next excuse please....

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

It wasn’t a statement of nobody would sign. Moreso the players he wanted, wouldn’t come, because of the peanuts on offer.

That’s how I see it.

That’s not to say he didn’t make a total hash of the recruitment, because he did.

Either way, mistakes were made and mainly by the owner but the next few weeks, months, is to forget what has happened and back Aspin.

Fortunately, Brown and co are gone.

Unfortunately Smurthwaite is still here.

Regardless of how we feel to the past or the present, we must back Aspin and the lads and not let the past drag on.

What’s done is done.

Recruitment of players and particularly Managers is the most difficult part of the job as quite a lot of clubs like us are in the same boat ie Birmingham, Gillingham etc lets hope that Norman and the fans have got this one right as 90% wanted this appointment

I have a lot of faith in Rudgie and Aspo to get the recruitment right as they have both been there and done it!!

Whats neede now is for everybody to keep a cool head and try to not get cut adrift in the coming weeks leading up to the window and hope we have a better 2nd half of the season

Clubs have turned their seasons around from a similar situation as ours!!

ok i dont usually comment on budget as we dont get whatever clubs get in premier league for failure by finishing bottom or any position and being rewarded .

Its like saying someone on the dole deserves a good life because unless they r ill or had a unfortunate accident then they should try and work at any place which is willing recruit them then its down to them.

Only players can bring in a better budget by winning big cup ties .

Would Dean Glover ,Neil Aspin Tony Naylor Gareth Ainsworth have being here without the magnificent job J Rudge and Bill Bell did and dont u think massive performances from the players didnt contribute to that aswell but Rudge had a eye for a winner or 10 .

Your players r only as good as your manager who spots something in them .

Page Bruno and Brown recruitment has shown to be abysmal and i blame them and Smurf for employing them but all is not lost as Smurf has made his best appointments up to date Aspin and Rudge and a cup run will be the outcome .

Then the club will attract new support or old ones who r that weak of character they went and followed a teambecause they r premier league .

In other words no backbone people .

Utv forget the budget get behind Neil Aspin as whats done is done it cannot be reversed.

I'm sure that between Aspo and Rudgy there is more than enough experience, knowledge and contacts to get us well clear of the wrong end of the table.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm trying to forget the hideous lows of this season. Getting done by Crewe, losing to Accrington Stanley for heavens' sake, being held to a draw by a team from a real-life Monkey Forest, and losing at home to a team that JJ Hooper plays for.

Even the most pessimistic Vale follower (and there's plenty of them) couldn't have seen us sinking this low.

I remember us losing at home to Halifax in the 70s in the 4th Div when Halifax were bottom and hadn't won for ages, let alone away, but this feels remarkably similar.

The difference is then we had Bobby Smith, now we've got Aspo and Rudgie. Things can only get better.

Archived