onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Budget

butt lane vale fan

Advert

Back to slating the chairman again sad times!!

Sent from my LG-H840 using the onevalefan mobile app

Yeah the bloke who took over the club behind a front, split the club from the ground, has turned the place into a crap hole debt ridden basket case club bottom of L2 with the worst squad in living memory. Along with being a lying obnoxious *****. That bloke?

Yeah the bloke who took over the club behind a front, split the club from the ground, has turned the place into a crap hole debt ridden basket case club bottom of L2 with the worst squad in living memory. Along with being a lying obnoxious *****. That bloke?

I think the short term problem is more important staying in the football league!! Norman has said he will back aspin in january we all just need rally around help the club out of this mess that brown has got us in personally he shouldnt of been given the job in the summer!!

I think the short term problem is more important staying in the football league!! Norman has said he will back aspin in january we all just need rally around help the club out of this mess that brown has got us in personally he shouldnt of been given the job in the summer!!

Back him how? With 2 1/2 magic beans instead of 2? We've heard it all many, many times before from Smurf, so why should it be different now?.

Players don't want to or aren't interested in coming to the club, they would rather sign for the likes Accrington, Grimsby etc..

I don't think it's just Brown making excuses. Rob Page has said it was hard to recruit players and that Smurf was hard to work for, Brown has now said the same and Adams also alluded to it in his book.

You don't get multiple people saying the same things about the club for there to be not at least an element of truth in it.

At the end of the day, we are either paying buttons because of a low budget, therefore, players aren't interested in coming to the club, or we are now reaping the rewards of the way Smurf "forced" Page and most of his squad out of the club. But it's more than likely both.

Either way it's Smurf's fault, and our name in footballing circles is mud. What I fear most though, is that this will be the legacy Smurf will leave us with even when the club has sold!

Lets not start going too wild folks, hes just been sacked so hardly going to take the blame is he? Hes signed a boat load of players in 12 months(close to 40 in his tenure and I thought he couldnt attract any??!?) hes saying the budget is tight... with him rightly so if you were the Vale board you have a manager signing 4 goalkeepers inside 2 months and loaning three wingers at the same time you are hardly going to make even more money available are you??

Managers will make every excuse under the sun for their failure. Strachan is in the press moaning about Scottish genetics this morning when they didnt get a result at Lithuania. Very few managers accept the reality of the fact they made a mess of the job and made some bad decisions to end up where they are when fired.

I doubt it was the league's best budget that was given to Brown, but I doubt it was lower than halfway in L2.

Wilson, Kay, Montano, Worrall, Pope and Barnett will all be on good money for L2. Then you'll have the next level of players like Lainton, Tonge, Pugh, Smith and Davis that will be paid decently. I'm sure we're contributing to the salaries to the loan players as well. But ultimately it's quantity that takes up a lot of the budget, too many players nowhere near the 1st team stealing a wage.

The problem as already stated, is that it was spread to thinly. You don't need 34 players. I mentioned that in the pub the other week and someone almost spat their pint out when they heard we had that many players. Brown ended up signing more and more players because of injuries (Fitness of the players never looked good).

A 20-man squad, in the right condition is enough in this league. Backed up by a development squad of 1st year pros of 7 or 8 and you're there. Aspin already sounds like he would rather work with a smaller squad (Wiki says the Gateshead squad size is 24).

I doubt it was the league's best budget that was given to Brown, but I doubt it was lower than halfway in L2.

Wilson, Kay, Montano, Worrall, Pope and Barnett will all be on good money for L2. Then you'll have the next level of players like Lainton, Tonge, Pugh, Smith and Davis that will be paid decently. I'm sure we're contributing to the salaries to the loan players as well. But ultimately it's quantity that takes up a lot of the budget, too many players nowhere near the 1st team stealing a wage.

The problem as already stated, is that it was spread to thinly. You don't need 34 players. I mentioned that in the pub the other week and someone almost spat their pint out when they heard we had that many players. Brown ended up signing more and more players because of injuries (Fitness of the players never looked good).

A 20-man squad, in the right condition is enough in this league. Backed up by a development squad of 1st year pros of 7 or 8 and you're there. Aspin already sounds like he would rather work with a smaller squad (Wiki says the Gateshead squad size is 24).

Far too much common sense contained in your post,it won't go down well at all !

Scooby.

Lets not start going too wild folks, hes just been sacked so hardly going to take the blame is he? Hes signed a boat load of players in 12 months(close to 40 in his tenure and I thought he couldnt attract any??!?) hes saying the budget is tight... with him rightly so if you were the Vale board you have a manager signing 4 goalkeepers inside 2 months and loaning three wingers at the same time you are hardly going to make even more money available are you??

Managers will make every excuse under the sun for their failure. Strachan is in the press moaning about Scottish genetics this morning when they didnt get a result at Lithuania. Very few managers accept the reality of the fact they made a mess of the job and made some bad decisions to end up where they are when fired.

Whenever I told people Michael Brown was our manager, they all said they saw him as a coach maybe but not a manager.

The cold facts are he took us down and down to the very bottom of the league structure. Maybe one day on the golf course in Cheshire he'll admit he messed up and stop blaming everyone else.

Whenever I told people Michael Brown was our manager, they all said they saw him as a coach maybe but not a manager.

The cold facts are he took us down and down to the very bottom of the league structure. Maybe one day on the golf course in Cheshire he'll admit he messed up and stop blaming everyone else.

Exactly I'm sure we would always be the same until you have time to reflect and take the emotion out of it. He's put a lot of hard work in and it's not worked out, I'm sure that hurts

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Exactly I'm sure we would always be the same until you have time to reflect and take the emotion out of it. He's put a lot of hard work in and it's not worked out, I'm sure that hurts

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

You and Smithie could well be right that Brown is a coach not a manager. What grates away at me though, is that I think all his aggression and ambition got knocked out of him last season and by the start of this season, we set up so negatively we just invited pressure on ourselves which led to the results we've been seeing. As a result, confidence is on the floor. That, ultimately is why Brown failed. He was put in a terrible position and didn't have the expertise to get out of it. Now, if you put him in a role, and had say, a Rudge character in with him, then could that have helped him? I think yes, absolutely. We were so close to staying up, that I think something like that would have made the difference. When has common sense been used at this football club though.

Archived