onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings Part Three

WalterJ

Advert

You think real football isn't brutally honest? Have you tried telling a lad whose world revolves around being a pro footballer he isn't tall enough to progress with us and we won't be keeping him? Watched him well up and head home in tears? The games brutal mate every pro footballer has my respect for making it to where they are because once they get into the pitch they get abused and shot at by their own fans, discussed in the pubs and the papers and very likely as a young player sat in the stand for long periods. Doe that mean they are good enough? No performances and stats mean they are good enough. The performances and stats with this squad are horrendous which means in terms of likelyhod of success it's minimal. Basically brown, Morgan and Kelly are going to have to teach this teach something they didn't have and get a different result.

I know only too well how hard football is and what it takes to go from academy to pro and the whole process surrounding it, so nothing you may say is new to me in that regard.

I knew I was right about your experience. I can tell by the way in which you put yourself across that you're not experienced age wise or in terms of being the lead member, no experienced coach doing it as a job would be like that especially after claiming to have worked for us in the academy. I can also see through the fact that you've put a lot of window dressing around your roles too, mainly assisting by the looks of it. But both my girls have both done all the same courses and have the same qualifications and have done the game analytics, putting together the dvd packages for managers / coaches and running through them with players up at St Georges and also coaching young players too, as well as doing some part time local semi pro work. Theres a lot of time and commitment there though so fair play.

In regards to players I can't believe some people are complaining. With everyone fit we have a good team, at least on paper, as seen below. And it looks far stronger than anything we could field last season in a division higher! The big problem is the manager who has no idea how to get the best out of players, hasn't got a clue tactically and is still very much a rookie learning the game as he goes along. I'm sorry, but go and do that at a club that isn't in the football league and earn your stripes before managing an established football league side.

Lainton

Wilson

Smith

Gunning

Denton

Montano

De Freitas

Whitfield

Worrall

Barnett

Pope

Subs:

Hornby

Anderson

Kay

Tonge

Middleton

Harness

Turner

That team should be more than good enough to get out of this league if lead by any manager that wasn't a bit of a simpleton. There can be no excuses whatsoever if we haven't put a string of wins together within the next month or two.

What concerns me with the signings and the balance of the squad is what formation we're going for and still where the creativity is coming from. I still feel we're missing someone in midfield to get past the forwards or to link up play as a number 10 even. I'm assuming Worral is going to be first choice in centre mid with A N Other, but do we play with 2 out and out wingers in Montano and Harness on the wings? If so will we go 2 up front at home with say Pope and Pyke or rely on Pope on his own with a midfield runner like Whitfield or the new lad from Doncaster playing in the hole behind him and supporting when the ball goes up to Pope?

Also in defence I think we have problems at right back so do we stick with Wilson or Davis, give Gibbons a go or play with 3 centre backs and maybe even push Wilson and Denton higher up as wing backs to lighten the defensive load on them? Whos our first choice centre half pairing if we go 4 at the back.

Theres so many questions that I worry that we're going to be going through another period of Brown trying to shoehorn players in to find the right team and formation. Tomorrows game is going to be very interesting.

Feel free to laugh all you like. The bottom line is I don't need buy in from you in anyway shape or form.

For your information just so you look a total idiot even more here's a list from of what I have done, these are FACTS

UEFA B Licence

Degree in Coaching and Exercise Science

Development Coach Status with MLS, allowing me to coach players and coaches

2 years in league academy coaching

1 year working with the BOC on a research project

FA quals in fitness, player analysis and youth coaching

1 year with pro club as back room coaching team

2 years assistant manager in a semi proclub

Non of this means I know everything, but I know something. I have sat with ex England internationals discussing whether we could sign players known to me and another coach, how we could get in touch by missing out the agent. I've discussed tactics with the same people, analysed and sat and discussed professional players performance with them, critiqued them to their face. Sat in academy meetings where we discuss who stays, who goes, if they go why they go and sat and told young lads their dream is over for now.

Wasted at that gym then aren't you Matt.

claiming to have worked for us in the academy. I can also see through the fact that you've put a lot of window dressing around your roles too, mainly assisting by the looks of it. But both my girls have both done all the same courses and have the same qualifications and have done the game analytics, putting together the dvd packages for managers / coaches and running through them with players up at St Georges and also coaching young players too, as well as doing some part time local semi pro work. Theres a lot of time and commitment there though so fair play.

confusing your sports science and your coaching there mate but hey ho. Sports science do the dvds and the movement analytics. coaches work on the skills on the pitch and decisions around the movements etc.. ive never made dvds thats for the sports science interns to get stuck into. If both your daughters have their B licence then it obviously a massively talented coaching householdalso massively rare as there is only about 200 females in the country with a B licence.

Mainly assisting is correct in the higher roles ive not said anything different. Also for the record I don't claim to have worked at the Academy for Vale I did for two years. I stopped because the role was taking up huge chunks or time and I have a young family id rather be with. Loved every second of it working with boyhood heroes and in a fantastic setup is awesome and I do miss it. Lets leave the 'about me section' alone and get back to the thread about signing which in my opinion are crap.

As the window is now closed & this thread has (for the most part) gone way off topic, I am closing it. If any further relevant information relating to Vale signings/players does appear in the future, there can be a specific topic made for it, but this thread now serves little purpose.

Archived