onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters Club Meeting

Jacko51

I hope you are right and that I am wrong. I have nothing against Carol as a person, I'm sure she is delightful.

I just don't want Synectics to get any closer to the club than they already are.

People on here seem to dismiss anything that I say because yes I am a supportive of Norman Smurthwaite.

I'm also certain that a lot of you have short memories of how bad Vale have had things in our recent past.

V2001, Nil paid shares, Blue Sky Turf, Mike Lloyd, Glenn Oliver, Administration etc etc...

Compared to our resent past Norman is a God send to our Football Club.

Our current position on the Football League pyramid says otherwise!

Advert

Firstly Jean I'd suggest that you be less judgemental, it's not a particularly endearing trait in a person.

Secondly I don't want Synectics to own Port Vale as they simply don't have the financial power to do so. I've heard some on here promoting a club that finances itself only by its income.

What do Synectics do when things don't go to plan? Borrow the money?

I'm also glad that you remember our past Jean and the heartache we've been through.

I have to question if you genuinely feel that we are in a worse situation than we were under V2001?

Lastly to answer you regarding Norman Smurthwaite getting the Vale relegated. It was the players not scoring enough goals and conceding too many that did that?

Wasn't it your mate Norman who bought in Bruno then pocketed the 350k in January from sales of Alnick and Grant instead of trying to bring in players to improve the team. He is just hanging on for the Hugill money and possible sale of Smith then he will sell to some conglomerate who have nothing to do with Port Vale.Well Mark Davies you have really opened a can of worms now and I hear your mate Shay Given is training with Macclesfield so why don't you go and support them and give it a rest.You did say you would stop posting if he didn't sign for Vale so go away.

Firstly Jean I'd suggest that you be less judgemental, it's not a particularly endearing trait in a person.

And it's not as if you're being judgemental about Carol Shanahan is it? I judge you by the fact that you are not a man of your word otherwise you wouldn't still be posting on here. Anyway, cheerio, you're not worth the effort.

I'm sorry this thread has gone so off topic thanks to Knocker and his stupidity. It was simply an attempt to alert people to what had gone on at the SC AGM which I attended - unlike some other supposed Vale fans on here who have commented freely.

The meeting was very positive. The new members of the committee seem determined to take the SC forward in a positive way and Carol Shanahan made an excellent impression on all those present.

A minute's silence was held for Liz Williams who sadly passed away recently. She was a staunch member of the SC Committee during the fight against V2001 and the funding of the Sproson Statue.

There was some discussion of the difficulty in accessing the SC bank account following the sad passing of the Treasurer Bev Tinsley a few months ago but a new treasurer has been elected and Mark said the situation should be sorted in the next few weeks.

Elections took place for roles on the Committee. Mark Porter, the new Chairman outlined some of the plans that the SC now has including the holding of some evenings with former players. He also explained why the SC had asked for volunteers to clean the seats. This was not done to help Norman but to help the fans who are the SC's primary concern - if nothing is done the seats will be filthy when we turn up for the first game.

Mark then introduced Carol Shanahan who outlined how she had come to be involved in the PVFC Foundation Trust. The Trust was operating contrary to FL regulations but she has now been elected Chair of the Trust and outlined her plans for developing the excellent work that is being done by Tom Sherratt. When asked what Norman's response had been to her election she said he was quite happy about it - she had been told that Norman actually thinks highly of her which had come as something of a surprise!

Well what do you expect when you have a dedicated troll who just loves the attention. Not particularly ingenius but the determination has to be admired. Also the tone of the posts are quire well captured, comes across as someone stoically defending an unpopular position.

I swear MK is some advanced AI troll. I mean the posts appear to come from a human but there is a kind of mechanical certainty about them. Regular as clockwork, pitched with faux human emotion and clumsy attempts at historical revisionism.

It's very sad that the site continue to let Knockoff and Earles spunk continue to post absolute drivel unchecked. Every thread is taken off on a tangent and ruined. Difficult to say attack the post and not the poster when every post is so moronic.

Still, I guess they're prolific, in terms of quantity, certainly not quality.

It's very sad that the site continue to let Knockoff and Earles spunk continue to post absolute drivel unchecked. Every thread is taken off on a tangent and ruined. Difficult to say attack the post and not the poster when every post is so moronic.

Still, I guess they're prolific, in terms of quantity, certainly not quantity.

Trouble is, admin can't start banning people or deleting their posts unless they break site rules, & to be honest insulting/attacking any poster just fuels the fire/ruins a thread too. If it's not against site rules but you don't want to see anything from a certain person, put them on ignore.

You might be able to see quoted posts still, but if more people that do it instead of complaining about them, I can guarantee a lot less would be ruined/taken off topic.

Trouble is, admin can't start banning people or deleting their posts unless they break site rules, & to be honest insulting/attacking any poster just fuels the fire/ruins a thread too. If it's not against site rules but you don't want to see anything from a certain person, put them on ignore.

You might be able to see quoted posts still, but if more people that do it instead of complaining about them, I can guarantee a lot less would be ruined/taken off topic.

You're right of course, Tomo. I've just put you on ignore. :razz:

Archived