onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Murray

davidatpreston

Advert

Federer is playing superbly for his age(in Tennis terms), the man's court craft and weight of shot on grass is exceptional and always has been, I think he could well add an 8th title although Raonic won't be easy if he serves well, that said Federer is one of the best returners even of powerful serves. Cilic is a dangerous outsider in the draw too and playing well

Nadal is eminently beatable on grass(4th time he's been 'giantkilled' at Wimbledon), if someone even of Muller's ilk(i.e. steady top 20 player but never likely to win a grand slam) digs in against him. Take nothing away from the Luxembourger though, great display and probably the win of his career in some ways at 34.

I think Murray's done pretty well considering his preparation, Querrey is dangerous but if he plays well will make the Semi at least, I'd say Federer will have the edge though should they meet in the final.

Querrey does not have a good enough all round game to trouble Murray, especially on grass. Federer's back hand is a joy to watch, especially with the modern day "double handed" variety very much in vogue. Berdych has a good grass court game and could be a dark horse in this year's seemingly "open" championship. But I'll stick my neck out and go for Federer, but Raonic will be a big quarter final test.

With Nadal out after that epic, majestic match yesterday it is now wide open.

I wonder if Gilles Muller can play as well as that again- his last 10 or so service games were not brokem, but that must have been exhausting.

Wouldn't say it's wide open. federer is the heavy favourite and looks a class above. Murray won't beat cilic.

Wouldn't say it's wide open. federer is the heavy favourite and looks a class above. Murray won't beat cilic.

We will see. I have had a lay bet on Federer (for him NOT to win it)- if anyone else at all wins it, I get a profit.

Ferere is 2.76 with Betfair, Djorkavic and Murray not far behind at 4.5 and 4.8 with Cilic at 7.8 and the rest at quite big odds.

Just watching Konte start her game against a lass who seems to be player in her dad's vest and pants.

Oh yes, Halep - seen her before.

Shaky runs to the bottom of the garden and starts clawing at the trees whenever she appears on my TV. I have to tempt her back in with chicken slices.

I think it is the grunting mostly that scares her.

Murray head to head against Cilic is good with only 3 defeats in 16 matches and all three defeats were on hard courts. Their 5 meetings on grass have all resulted in victory for the Scot.

Oh yes, Halep - seen her before.

Shaky runs to the bottom of the garden and starts clawing at the trees whenever she appears on my TV. I have to tempt her back in with chicken slices.

I think it is the grunting mostly that scares her.

Yes I was right, a couple of slices of sainsburys chicken and turned the volume down and now Shaky is sat in front of the screen pawing it. I wonder if Halep would be good enough to stop grunting so I can watch with the sound on ?

Murray head to head against Cilic is good with only 3 defeats in 16 matches and all three defeats were on hard courts. Their 5 meetings on grass have all resulted in victory for the Scot.

Don't think Murray looks anything special this time round though. Think quite a few would run him very close or potentially beat him. He's had the best possible draw missing some very tough players like zverev. Federer I think will win it though.

Archived