onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Nathan Smith

Platty's Tassels

Advert

If he's going to deduct the money off what he has loaned the club, and in doing so, reduce the selling price for the club then that's fair enough.

Technically yes, that is fair enough... shame he has wasted so much money through poor decisions, that the sale one of the best young assets the vale have nurtured in years won't advance the club one little bit.

I'm not so sure thy'll be queuing up for Smithy in the summer.

I think he's a great player and feel incredibly sorry for him having to play in this shambolic team. However, I don't see a L1 team forking out the fee we'll be looking for (500k+) and I'm not sure he's got the pace or height to be a marquee signing and go straight into centre back in the Championship. He's far from the finished article and do you really think he'd be ok against the Dwight Gayle's and Fernado Forestieri's of this world in the Championship? IMO he needs another 12 months or so with us (bossing it in L2 might be the making of him).

I'm not so sure thy'll be queuing up for Smithy in the summer.

I think he's a great player and feel incredibly sorry for him having to play in this shambolic team. However, I don't see a L1 team forking out the fee we'll be looking for (500k+) and I'm not sure he's got the pace or height to be a marquee signing and go straight into centre back in the Championship. He's far from the finished article and do you really think he'd be ok against the Dwight Gayle's and Fernado Forestieri's of this world in the Championship? IMO he needs another 12 months or so with us (bossing it in L2 might be the making of him).

I 100% agree with you JJ Nathan Smith is the backbone of our team he is both our best defender and most dangerous option up front (though this is the reason we are so fragile when we have a corner). He is the only bright beacon in a terrible year. I love the way he won't be bullied by the likes of Leon Clarke and the way that he attacks the ball.

That said he does lack height and pace and in the higher leagues he would I feel struggle against the mobility and speed of these better quality players that he would encounter there. He needs more time to do a Dean Glover and learn to read situations and positioning. Bobby Moore wasn't quick but he won the ball by his speed of thought.

Sadly our shark like owner is only interested in a quick buck and will greedily sell him on to claw back some money before he goes away as he surely must.

A good owner would pay the lad a decent wage and make him the 'rock' of a solid defence for us but I know that is just a 'pipe dream'. I could just imagine him and the Pope attacking corners and freekicks (Oh stop dreaming Old Sage).

Back to reality I believe that any player should be sold when the offer is sufficient to use the cash to make the team better and not to stuff in a greedy owner's bank account because he isn't your player Smurthwaite he belongs to Port Vale

If we go down which after yesterdays depressing performance then nobody would want win player of the season .

A season where we relegated to league two .

A season where no good comes out of being relegated.

A season which may as well close the club down .

But other than that well done Nathan Smith on a personal note u played pretty well all season but as part of a team which has lost the last three games then theres no I in team and no one will remember u if we go down .

Nobody remember failures unfortunately .

My player of the season though least the lads got some guts .

Not like a lot of the others who r gutless ,bottlers and earning a living out of a game there performances suggest they should be no where near .

Archived