onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Article 50 triggered: The long journey home...

Aussie Rules

Advert

For many whom voted for Brexit... they will see including myself that is a battle won but the war is far from over. No one in their right mind expects anything to get any easier just by voting out but the EU did no working person any favours at all...now there is a possibility of real positive change...but like anything worth waiting for will take time

But I wonder what 'Home will be like sometime down the track.

For me 'The Battle of Hastings; The English Civil Wars; and The Battle of Britain' significantly changed and defined Britain.

I wonder if Brexit will have a similar impact?

Never mind the journey it's taken us over eight months to get in the car - what a fiasco this saga is its like a very bad soap opera - still with two years to run yet

I've already resigned myself to losing my job and having to consider moving abroad.

I suspect there will be many more like you thanks to the ridiculous "out" vote. It's as plain a s pikestaff that any deal negotiated will in no way match what we had as a member of the EU. That's not to say that the EU organisation is a good one, IMO it is ultimately a flawed experiment, particularly in respect of the Euro. However, I can't help believing that to opt out at this point in time is only cutting our noses off to spite faces. Only time will tell of course, but again IMo tjis timeline is going to stretch on for years before we can see any benefits accruing and only that far down the track can a sensible cost/benefit analysis be carried out. For the sake of our children and grandchildren,I sincerely hope that there will be long-term benefits. But as we are already seeing with a falling £/rising inflation, job movements from the UK to Europe and less inward investment, the short-term portents are not good!

I suspect there will be many more like you thanks to the ridiculous "out" vote. It's as plain a s pikestaff that any deal negotiated will in no way match what we had as a member of the EU. That's not to say that the EU organisation is a good one, IMO it is ultimately a flawed experiment, particularly in respect of the Euro. However, I can't help believing that to opt out at this point in time is only cutting our noses off to spite faces. Only time will tell of course, but again IMo tjis timeline is going to stretch on for years before we can see any benefits accruing and only that far down the track can a sensible cost/benefit analysis be carried out. For the sake of our children and grandchildren,I sincerely hope that there will be long-term benefits. But as we are already seeing with a falling £/rising inflation, job movements from the UK to Europe and less inward investment, the short-term portents are not good!

It is not ridiculous it was a democratically decided vote of the people in which out won. What would have been your reaction towards people who might have complained if remain had won. Would you prefer anarchy. No one complains or protests after a general election . If you want to blame anyone blame the idiot Cameron and Giggling Gideon who were cacking themselves over Farage.

They reckon Switzerland is the place to go?

I don't know, you tell me.

I'd be fine in the French speaking parts otherwise I'd need a fairly intensive refresher course in German. My company has an office in Switzerland but it's literally just a handful of people and a name plate above the door for tax reasons. I don't think there's a huge amount of jobs out there.

The company I work for in the process of being taken over by Germans so we'll have to see what happens, particularly with respect to REACH regulations which we would still have to comply with if we want to sell our goods in EU countries.

This is why I'm astounded that May et al aren't going for access to EEA / EFTA at the very least.

It is not ridiculous it was a democratically decided vote of the people in which out won. What would have been your reaction towards people who might have complained if remain had won. Would you prefer anarchy. No one complains or protests after a general election . If you want to blame anyone blame the idiot Cameron and Giggling Gideon who were cacking themselves over Farage.

Yes,"There're not laughing now"?

I voted out for the sake of our children and grandchildren.

Archived