onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black and Gold 2?

Eddie Hitler

Has anyone mentioned protests during the game?

Signing for him to leave and it possibly turning 'nasty' or a banner in the crowd, as mentioned in a different thread on here, I would class as a protest.

It's Ok If you don't call it a protest but either way it's negativity which would transmit to the players, harm the performance and effect our fragile confidence.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Yes, it's easy to be happy when YOU ask the questions.

Perhaps you can avoid personal insults but meet my polite request to answer THESE questions-

Are you happy with his conduct after the Exeter cup tie ?

Are you happy with him telling us he had several choices of quality manager before he appointed Bruno ?

Are you happy he appointed Bruno ?

Are you happy with the timing of him sacking Bruno ?

Are you happy with him letting Bruno sign 13 foreign players and expecting to integrate them all at once ?

Are you happy with him insulting fans on Twitter ?

Are you happy with his general use of social media ?

Are you happy with him publicly stating he 'arranged' to get rid of Rob Page ?

Are you happy that Dodds and some others were forced out by being offered ridiculous lower contracts?

Are you happy that players salaries were openly put out?

Are you happy that some of those salaries were so high for players who have not even had more than a couple of fleeting appearances ?

Are you happy with our current league position ?

Are you happy with our incredible away record ?

Are you happy with us not replacing Jan A in goal ?

Are you happy with us letting Alex Jones go despite an incoming £300k in the January transfer window ?

Are you happy with Vale's home gates ?

Are you happy with the involvement of Doh's 'outed' agent ?

Are you happy with the Norway buyers story and what we have been told ?

Are you happy that Smurf will give Vale a good future ?

i'll leave the other 200 questions for now.

There - you asked someone to be specific.

If you can reply to that in a civil manner, then you may convince a few people. I'm not holding my breath though - but I notice that after your abusive remarks to me, you've been involved in similar with Iron Curtain and others. Still, it's your credibility that is at stake, so let's have a reply to THOSE questions please.

I'll avoid personal insults. I do hope you can keep control of your temper though and not have any more posts edited by Admin because someone disagrees with you.

Please direct me to any post where I have abused Iron Curtain?

Are you happy with his conduct after the Exeter cup tie ? No

Are you happy with him telling us he had several choices of quality manager before he appointed Bruno ? Not sure I understand what you are getting at here

Are you happy he appointed Bruno ? In hindsight no, but I was happy when we were in the playoffs.

Are you happy with the timing of him sacking Bruno ? He didn't sack Bruno?

Are you happy with him letting Bruno sign 13 foreign players and expecting to integrate them all at once ? Whilst it was a cunning plan, he should have known we can only play 11 of them at once.

Are you happy with him insulting fans on Twitter ? No, but I don't have much sympathy for adults who act like victims when they can't take a bit of stick back.

Are you happy with his general use of social media ? No

Are you happy with him publicly stating he 'arranged' to get rid of Rob Page ? Don't really mind to be honest, Page had already gone, I don't think it made much difference in the grand scheme.

Are you happy that Dodds and some others were forced out by being offered ridiculous lower contracts? I don't know what they were offered, but some of them should have been released rather than offered anything at all, and I'd have liked to see some (such as Dodds) stay.

Are you happy that players salaries were openly put out? If I'm being completely honest I'm not unhappy about it.

Are you happy that some of those salaries were so high for players who have not even had more than a couple of fleeting appearances ? No, some of the salaries were crazy.

Are you happy with our current league position ? No?

Are you happy with our incredible away record ? No?

Are you happy with us not replacing Jan A in goal ? What can I say? We haven't replaced one of the best keepers in the league in January? It was a difficult task and we've signed a highly rated Celtic keeper (who has been pretty poor) and a relatively unknown non league keeper who hasn't done much wrong for me in his two games.

Are you happy with us letting Alex Jones go despite an incoming £300k in the January transfer window ? Yes. We apparently had a bid accepted which I am happy about, and I wouldn't want us to sign players on even more crazy wages than we have seen.

Are you happy with Vale's home gates ? No?

Are you happy with the involvement of Doh's 'outed' agent ? So there's an Agent, who sells oil and pepsi and has a **** website? I thought that thread was bizarre and unless I've missed something there's nothing to be happy or unhappy about?

Are you happy with the Norway buyers story and what we have been told ? I'm not happy with the prospect of them buying the club to be honest.

Are you happy that Smurf will give Vale a good future ? I'm torn on this one. I seem to want different things to a lot of people on here. I'm not bothered about us spending millions of pounds on players far too good for league one. I want a young competitive, exciting team that we can sell and fund the next crop of talent. Smurf seems to want that as well but has not shown much that tells me he can achieve it. That being said, we do have a CEO now and we do have some youngsters coming through so I'm not writing him off yet.

Poor analogy but I would say yes you would be right if there were interested parties who apparently will meet the asking price.

But if anyone was willing to meet my asking price they must be either daft and completely unable to understand the value of the property. That seems to me to be what the Norwegians are judging by their crazy plans about building a team by buying cheap players from around Europe in the hope they will "come good".

If we are to have new owners I would much rather we had ones who planned to build a club, not just a team. I see no evidence of that in Norman and I see little if any in the Norwegian plans.

When he made him assistant manager?

When he made him caretaker manager?

When he gave him a new contact?

When he let him sign 11 new players?

When he didn't sack him after he only managed one win in 11 games or whatever it was?

I think your questions only highlight how desperate Smurf has been to reward MB for holding the fort in the summer after he engineered Page move.

Can't see how he has given him the full backing though otherwise he would have made MB permanent manager and made money available for players instead of him relying on freebies and kids with no experience.

But if anyone was willing to meet my asking price they must be either daft and completely unable to understand the value of the property. That seems to me to be what the Norwegians are judging by their crazy plans about building a team by buying cheap players from around Europe in the hope they will "come good".

If we are to have new owners I would much rather we had ones who planned to build a club, not just a team. I see no evidence of that in Norman and I see little if any in the Norwegian plans.

So is this just set up to blame Norman if he does end up selling to someone who is a disaster?

Surely if Norman sells the club for his asking price, the club don't owe him anything, that's a good thing?

I think your questions only highlight how desperate Smurf has been to reward MB for holding the fort in the summer after he engineered Page move.

Can't see how he has given him the full backing though otherwise he would have made MB permanent manager and made money available for players instead of him relying on freebies and kids with no experience.

He could have backed him slightly more by giving him the job outright yes, But that doesnt' mean he hasn't backed him.

Brown has said himself that clubs were paying crazy money in January, do you seriously want us to go offering (even more) astronomical wages rather than TRY and live within our means.

So is this just set up to blame Norman if he does end up selling to someone who is a disaster?

Not at all. Norman sent out the Norwegian bid documents for people to look at. Several people, myself included, told him they were fantasy. He asked for opinions - he got them. If he does sell to the Norwegians there will have been little point in him asking for advice if he is going to ignore it.

Surely if Norman sells the club for his asking price, the club don't owe him anything, that's a good thing?

Norman selling the club will, in my opinion, be a good thing. If he gets his asking price he will, in my honest opinion, be extremely lucky because he has diminished the value of the asset he bought. The club has become a shambles on an off the pitch under his watch.

Not at all. Norman sent out the Norwegian bid documents for people to look at. Several people, myself included, told him they were fantasy. He asked for opinions - he got them. If he does sell to the Norwegians there will have been little point in him asking for advice if he is going to ignore it.

Norman selling the club will, in my opinion, be a good thing. If he gets his asking price he will, in my honest opinion, be extremely lucky because he has diminished the value of the asset he bought. The club has become a shambles on an off the pitch under his watch.

Say for arguments sake he sold the club for his asking price tomorrow. Do you honestly believe that the club is in a worse state than it was when he purchased it, and why?

This is not a loaded question by the way, I am genuinely interested in how you are measuring it.

According to Smurf we haven't been living within our means all season.Surely it would be better to bring in players as promised on plan b to ensure we stay up rather than face relegation. We would then have the summer to right the wrongs try and move players on.

The problem now is some of the largest wage earners like Mbamba,Tavares will be contracted but we will have even less revenue if in Lg2.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

I'm happy that he backed Adams.

I'm happy that he backed Page (in the begining at least)

I'm happy that he backed Bruno.

I'm happy that he backed Brown.

I'm happy that he has appointed a CEO and is seemingly letting him captain the ship.

If that doesn't answer your questions then please be a little more specific with what you mean by "are you happy with his decisions?"

Backed Page? He undermined him at every opportunity.

He backed Bruno by signing cheap, poor players that could see us relegated.

Backed Brown, you mean our CARETAKER manager?

Deluded.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Backed Page? He undermined him at every opportunity.

He backed Bruno by signing cheap, poor players that could see us relegated.

Backed Brown, you mean our CARETAKER manager?

Deluded.

I don't agree with any of that.

How did he undermine Page at every opportunity? (Maybe twice - Exeter and after Page left)

Backed Bruno by signing a **** load of Bruno's players.

And yes I do mean Brown our CARETAKER manager, what's your point there?

Even more deluded.

Say for arguments sake he sold the club for his asking price tomorrow. Do you honestly believe that the club is in a worse state than it was when he purchased it, and why?

This is not a loaded question by the way, I am genuinely interested in how you are measuring it.

When he became chairman and took over the running of the club from Wildes, we were already promoted and crowds were on the increase. Indeed, our last two home gates in that season were in 5 figures and in the first year back at this level our crowds averaged over 6,000. Since then the number of season ticket holders has almost halved and we have lost thousands off the average gate.

A considerable number of players with decent experience at our level have been allowed to leave the club and poor replacements have been brought in. Promises were made to the fans last year about having a smaller squad of higher quality - we have ended up with a bigger squad of poorer quality. We have appointed three very inexperienced managers with the appointment of Bruno being one of the most ill-advised decisions Norman has made. Allowing an agent to bring in players from the lower echelons of European leagues with no experience of football in England and give them two year contracts was crazy.

The club has no marketing staff and it has made little or no effort to communicate with fans in a professional way. No effort has been made in recent years to push either season tickets or matchday special offers. Fans have been alienated by the patronising attitude of the chairman towards them. Every time something good happens on the pitch he seems to do something like announcing a reduced budget that just takes all the joy out of it.

I could go on but I hope you get my point.

How did he undermine Page at every opportunity? (Maybe twice - Exeter and after Page left)

Even more deluded.

Backing Bruno is not a good thing. If anything, its one of his biggest failures. How can you defend the calculated removal of Page (which Smurf admitted to), who got us to 12th last year, then replacing him with a man with 0 managerial success/experience and the signing of a dozen players with no decent footballing experience?

I don't understand how you think this is good. This'll wind you up, but I told you so. I told you last summer this was a stupid idea, and look where we are now.

I feel like you're either doing this to be a contrarian or you get a kick out of winding people up. Smurf's appointment of Bruno was madness at the time, and its proved to probably cost us our League 1 status.

Taking away the "fact" that he's put money in the club, what are you happy with from Smurf's tenure?

Even more deluded.

After Bradford last season on twitter.

Both pre seasons under Page he threatened budget cuts that would have affected the players.

Disagreeing with him when Page said we were overachieving.

He's still avoided making a decision on Brown. He's shown no faith in him what so ever. A decision that has effected his ability to bring in the players he wanted during the transfer window.

It's not rocket science, if you cared enough, you'd see that.

When he became chairman and took over the running of the club from Wildes, we were already promoted and crowds were on the increase. Indeed, our last two home gates in that season were in 5 figures and in the first year back at this level our crowds averaged over 6,000. Since then the number of season ticket holders has almost halved and we have lost thousands off the average gate.

A considerable number of players with decent experience at our level have been allowed to leave the club and poor replacements have been brought in. Promises were made to the fans last year about having a smaller squad of higher quality - we have ended up with a bigger squad of poorer quality. We have appointed three very inexperienced managers with the appointment of Bruno being one of the most ill-advised decisions Norman has made. Allowing an agent to bring in players from the lower echelons of European leagues with no experience of football in England and give them two year contracts was crazy.

The club has no marketing staff and it has made little or no effort to communicate with fans in a professional way. No effort has been made in recent years to push either season tickets or matchday special offers. Fans have been alienated by the patronising attitude of the chairman towards them. Every time something good happens on the pitch he seems to do something like announcing a reduced budget that just takes all the joy out of it.

I could go on but I hope you get my point.

Ok, I understand your point now, but I don't agree with starting from his chairmanship just to make it seem worse. The question was when he purchased it not his chairmanship.

Archived