onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Netherlands election result

davidatpreston

Iguess one difference is you will get the chance to reverse your vote at the next general election whereas there is at present no chance to do that with the referendum.But we knew the rules when we voted so we have to live with theresult just as we have to live with the general election result until the next one coos that's the rules

Fair point, I suppose the point I was trying to make is anyone can be influenced(or perhaps conned as a stronger word) by politicians at the time of elections/referendums into using their vote. That's what politicians do to try and sway people who aren't sure. Like you say people knew the rules In/Out when they voted and should they wish could have looked up information to either side of the argument. You'll always get scaremongering and spin from both sides of any debate a lot of which won't be totally true!

Advert

You'd best stop posting such distorted facts like the number of seats or Bea Smith will get really angry with you.

I won't get angry with you, I just feel pretty much nothing towards you, maybe a little sorry that you are gullible enough to believe someone like ToyahW who magically moved the murder scene of Pim F from Hilversum to the Amsterdam Oosterpark and 'heard a pop' before being in custody for 2 days.

That's a distance of 146 kilometres I believe. What superb hearing he must have, and a little far to 'pop out for some fags'as his post said.

Still, he flushed out the 7 most gullible posters on OVF who thanked his fantasy post.:laugh:

The fact is that Wilders got 13 per cent of the vote, and at one time had expected to get well over 20, perhaps 25 was touted only a few months ago.

His rabble of Nazis, dumbos and misled people are lucky that the Netherlands is progressive enough to have PR which gave them 20 out of 150 or so seats, a bit more than their vote warranted.

Fair enough. But I've lived here 25 years, speak the lingo, and am a Dutch citizen. Brought up two kids here and own a house. And am a local councilor (D66). And a lecturer at the University of Amsterdam. But what the hell should I know about Netherlands compared to your good self.

Don't ever pay any attention to BS . She knows everything about America as well, and the rest of us know nothing, despite , as you have mentioned , living in the Netherlands for 25 years. Wikipedia , I believe .

Why do people keep using this as an excuse? It's completely irrelevant(basically like the Lib Dems if I'm honest)! It's how you voted in the actual referendum not in a mythical one in your head! IF people voted one way and would change there minds I'm sorry that's tough ****! I voted Lib Dem in the general election before last and I certainly wouldn't again after Clegg sold out to the Tories but that's how I voted at the time based on my view. I don't want my vote again but the Liberals have paid the price for that ever since and imho will continue to do so at the next election where they could easily end up the 4th party if they are not careful.

You may as well say what about the view of the percentage of the electorate who didn't vote!:doh:

Although I don't vote Liberal, it's a shame you have disowned them just because of megaprattt Clegg, as they now have a much better leader.

The Liberals were done over by Cameron, and paid heavily for the rubbish the Tories and Clegg introduced, whilst somehow the Murdoch press put a shine on the Tory involvement and they benefitted.

There are strong signs that the Libs are doing much better now though and should recover fine if Clegg keeps out of the way totally.

Don't ever pay any attention to BS . She knows everything about America as well, and the rest of us know nothing, despite , as you have mentioned , living in the Netherlands for 25 years. Wikipedia , I believe .

Didn't you even read the pack of lies ToyahW put about being near the murder site of Pim F a few posts ago - I suggest you look back down the thread and see that he even got the city wrong. Believe what you like, don't believe me by all means as I don't know best, but I certainly don't make up fantasies like that.

Perhaps, as you shamefully posted once before, it's all a Jewish/Bolshevik conspiracy - now where have I seen that kind of language ?

Although I don't vote Liberal, it's a shame you have disowned them just because of megaprattt Clegg, as they now have a much better leader.

The Liberals were done over by Cameron, and paid heavily for the rubbish the Tories and Clegg introduced, whilst somehow the Murdoch press put a shine on the Tory involvement and they benefitted.

There are strong signs that the Libs are doing much better now though and should recover fine if Clegg keeps out of the way totally.

I wouldn't be so sure I'd wager public opinion of Farron is just as bad especially if he keeps on with his insane rants on the Brexit result and having another referendum! I personally think the man is a buffoon and will see the Lib Dems slide further out of touch with reality!

I wouldn't be fooled by the Richmond by-election either, the fact the Tories didn't put a candidate up and low turn out contributed to that result as much as people voting Lib Dem in what has always been a swing seat between them and the conservatives.

If the British system was based just on votes alone the Liberals would be the 4th party already.

I do find it sad that they and labour are such poor opposition at the moment though!

To be fair BS did indeed point out a very embarrassing mistake, mixing up your murdered person (Pim Fortuijn for Theo van Gogh).

I actually wasn't making any personal political point, just pointing out a bit of a mis-representation of the facts as portrayed in a lot of the UK media vs the actual facts vis a vis the stance of the main parties and the shift as a result. Slight shift to the right, slight shift to Eurosceptics. By Eurosceptics I mean those opposed to expanding its powers and reforming how it works, not actually quitting.

If there was an in/out referendum I think there would be a narrow remain. But then again, remember the result of the Dutch referendum on the Maastricht treaty.

Europe/immigration wasn't that high up the agenda in the election actually. Health, pensions, that kind of more day to day stuff was the main thing (other than PVV fans)

If the British system was based just on votes alone the Liberals would be the 4th party already.I do find it sad that they and labour are such poor opposition at the moment though!

Democracy spoke a few years back and we rejected PR but as with so much there seem to be a number who refuse to accept then result of being in a democracy...Brexit, Scottish independence. I'd prefer some form of PR and I wish we'd voted to remain in the EU but we didn't.,,there is a price to be paid for being a democracy and it's a price worth paying.

The lack of a credible oppositon is worrying and as you say..sad. We could and IMO should see both Farron and Corbyn gone in the next year as both are clueless as leaders...able and principled politicians and campaigners but not leaders.

Democracy spoke a few years back and we rejected PR but as with so much there seem to be a number who refuse to accept then result of being in a democracy...Brexit, Scottish independence. I'd prefer some form of PR and I wish we'd voted to remain in the EU but we didn't.,,there is a price to be paid for being a democracy and it's a price worth paying.

The lack of a credible oppositon is worrying and as you say..sad. We could and IMO should see both Farron and Corbyn gone in the next year as both are clueless as leaders...able and principled politicians and campaigners but not leaders.

The referendum was for AV not PR, for which there are quite a few systems, one of which the Allies insisted upon should be used in Germany to avoid unrepresentative dictatorships and their use of referenda. Coalitions being preferable. Blair had the chance to change the system and boot out the Lords, history now. Rocky times ahead.

To be fair BS did indeed point out a very embarrassing mistake, mixing up your murdered person (Pim Fortuijn for Theo van Gogh).

QUOTE]

Your murdered person, not mine - remember you told the story my friend.

Much credit for being man enough to admit you were wrong in a horribly embarrassing and very unfortunate way, but I have to say a little bit of credibility is still at stake when it was an incident you said saw you spend 2 days in custody and no doubt lots of police questioning.

People can make their own mind up about that no doubt, and whether they would forget the name of someone they almost saw die, and whose murderer knocked you over fleeing the scene, as you said.

Also I welcome a less belligerent tone in your post, rather than whipping up fervour amongst the rabid UKIP/Brexit crowd here (you don't need to turn them against me, I did the job myself in an exemplary fashion to my great satisfaction).

Perhaps you will consider that even given your extensive working, living time and civic duties (despite the odd memory lapse) in the Netherlands, there are other people that have more than a smidgen of knowledge about the place.

Now, I'm going to concentrate on something rather more pressing this evening, a certain football match, and perhaps you and even my most rabid critics will join me in wishing Vale veel succes.

Don't be embarrassed....we're all human and there aren't many on here that haven't at some time "contradicted" themselves or got there facts wrong or posted something and then later denied having posted it.

To err is human.

But the much greater UKIP/ Brexit vote here - yes, must be engaged with and many will already agree that they were misled - in a recent poll in the North over 20 per cent who voted for Brexit said they would switch their vote if there were another referendum.

In a recent referendum the majority voted for brexit full stop.

Still, he flushed out the 7 most gullible posters on OVF who thanked his fantasy post.:laugh:

It's not like you to post something with zero evidence.

It may have been fantasy (I don't tend to call people liars when the most likely scenario is they have suffered a simple memory lapse) but I can think of roughly 3474 posts which contain far more fiction.

Archived