onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time for Norman Smurthwaite to put a genuine price tag on the club and go

News Feed

Advert

My issue is not that I support the chairman,its I don't support the way some fans are dealing with NS. Is NS lying?, maybe so? doesn't it matter in the current situation he owns the club and until that changes hes here and making decisions. This isnt a union workers strike, slagging off the bosses and whipping up 15 people into a frenzy about lies and proof from your small contingent of followers isnt going to make a difference. Smurf isnt going to bend to the pressure of 15-20 vocal people. Tim is on this very thread talking about NS lying and how important it is. Lets say we prove everything NS has been telling us is all lies and the club is 50m pounds in the red, you have his bank statement and hes borrowed all his money from the bank, the bottom line is that doesnt change the status here and now, its still NS who owns the club. Change can happen when both sides work together for the want of the same outcome, not when both sides spend all their time saying the other is lying and slagging each other off. Thats my issue these fans bouncing about like the sound of their own voice and getting one over on NS more than they want to see Vale do well. If they really wanted the club to do well they would engage with the chairman, take what hes said and nod (even if they think its BS) because some engagement is better than no engagement and develop the relationship so that long term they may well be involved in the process of talking to a new suitor and focus on moving PVFC forward. The issue is some are focused on winning the argument not winning for PVFC and with that I dont support them.

That is pretty much how I feel Matt. I don't care for Smurf staying on as chairman but I do care in the manner in which he leaves considering he is the only person making any decisions about the club we all love.

Smurf gave me until I'm 70, give me chance. I tried use one of the flags at the golf club but he said it wasn't big enough for what he wants me to do with it...charming.

Oh, are you the bloke who he said would have to save up for thirty years to afford one?:smile:

Why am I defending him?Im just giving reasons why the likes of yourself should back off.He has said he is selling,you stated yourself "We should sell to the hedge funders,at least we will have a quick death".Who do you think is going to buy this club,at any price.Oh ,I know,the hedgefunders,Pluckanumberoutoftheair Ltd.

What is the common denominator with

Tim,OS and FST.I can't quite get my head around it.Sp.Trumpet has thrown me a bit aswell.Are the local company going to put in a revised bid?Watch those cars when you start demonstrating ,during the matches,on the carpark.

You start off ok but quickly drop off and conclude with a statement that isn't necessary, and you wonder why you were questioned by OS

Tim,OS and FST have all had their noses put out of joint by the owner.I'm not sure where you fit in ST.

No they haven't and that is another example to back up what OS has just said. You can't help yourself. If you are going to try and debate, at least get your facts straight. I haven't had my nose put out, I just don't agree with how the Chairman has run the club since 2013. I base this on his actions and words which are all out in the public domain, nothing else.

So how will it change with new owners?I know,a well run business owned by well meaning people who will **** off as soon as it goes **** up,because they won't be putting in unlimited funding.According to some people 3.7m is the least an owner should be putting in.Loans or whatever can be turned into equity if required.Whats the difference?We keep getting "Why don't we pay better wages?"We can only pay 60% of revenue.Do the maths Bert.

most of that is irrelevant to this thread and isn't what people have been saying.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119[/ATTACH]

here you go Tim, according to you FACT is that the group got the email after the story was published. then further down you decide oh actually people did and start firing names about. However youve said originally they didnt , so you were lying and maybe so was the chairman. Who wins when you are both at it?

Are you thick or deliberately trying to wind people up? In that thread you insinuated that individuals, me, had received the email before the sentinel printed it. Is that what your question was trying to prove Matthew? Answer yes or no? I asked you which individual did what? You answered "received the email before the Sentinel printed it". I said yes they did as it had been clearly reported that individuals had seen the email, those individuals were the people I then named, those individuals were not the people, me included, who are on the email list who didn't receive the email until Saturday, fact. Jean confirmed this, Rob confirmed when he had received it that is why I named them. So I wasn't lying about anything, you are twisting a conversation to try and prove a point, either because you are shitstirring or because you are stupid or possibly both

My issue is not that I support the chairman,its I don't support the way some fans are dealing with NS. Is NS lying?, maybe so? doesn't it matter in the current situation he owns the club and until that changes hes here and making decisions. This isnt a union workers strike, slagging off the bosses and whipping up 15 people into a frenzy about lies and proof from your small contingent of followers isnt going to make a difference. Smurf isnt going to bend to the pressure of 15-20 vocal people. Tim is on this very thread talking about NS lying and how important it is. Lets say we prove everything NS has been telling us is all lies and the club is 50m pounds in the red, you have his bank statement and hes borrowed all his money from the bank, the bottom line is that doesnt change the status here and now, its still NS who owns the club. Change can happen when both sides work together for the want of the same outcome, not when both sides spend all their time saying the other is lying and slagging each other off. Thats my issue these fans bouncing about like the sound of their own voice and getting one over on NS more than they want to see Vale do well. If they really wanted the club to do well they would engage with the chairman, take what hes said and nod (even if they think its BS) because some engagement is better than no engagement and develop the relationship so that long term they may well be involved in the process of talking to a new suitor and focus on moving PVFC forward. The issue is some are focused on winning the argument not winning for PVFC and with that I dont support them.

you must of missed the many threads last week when a number of us, me included, engaged with Norman and had constructive dialogue. The upshot of this was he said he was going to make cash turnstiles available and charge £20 for the remaining matches, this has then changed to something completely different.

Archived