onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time for Norman Smurthwaite to put a genuine price tag on the club and go

News Feed

Advert

this is an open thread, anyone can comment on it whenever they want. I aren't a moderator so what is that supposed to mean?. Still waiting for an explanation of your liar comment, who is a liar? If you are saying I am please post the facts on why you think I am, if you can't then remove your post.

Mattholl proved it,I don't need to.

this is an open thread, anyone can comment on it whenever they want. I aren't a moderator so what is that supposed to mean?. Still waiting for an explanation of your liar comment, who is a liar? If you are saying I am please post the facts on why you think I am, if you can't then remove your post.

Telling people not to come on here suggests you have been elevated to a mod's position.Anyway ,good luck with your quest Tim.

Mattholl proved it,I don't need to.

Did he? I think you need to go back and read exactly what I said to Matt Holland and my subsequent reply, because like Matt Holland you seem unable to understand the written word. Please explain to me why I am a liar and what Matt Holland has proved exactly? He has proved nothing because he has not understood what I said or is twisting it to his own end and has also not responded to my reply because he knows he has made a mistake. So I ask you again, why am I a liar?

Telling people not to come on here suggests you have been elevated to a mod's position.Anyway ,good luck with your quest Tim.

you can come on here whenever you want, as can I, you are the one who told me not to come on here for another 6 months. You seem as confused as Matt Holland.

Ive also said that to say the club is able to be run at break even like during the administration is a complete sham. The PFA was paying the a massive part of the wages and staff were not being paid at all for long periods. All non essential debts and credit was also not paid during that time so we were paying caterers by the week etc..No owner can run the club with little to no wage cost, the staff working for free and the majority of the catering and shop based on week to week sales.

Judge the chairman however you like, he doesnt care and he owns the business. He can do with it as he wishes...a bit of bad feeling from supporters wont make him walk away from the club 2 million down. As for local fans in high places, everyone says they will work with PVFC but when it comes down to it they dont, we saw that under v2001. Business is business

Mattholl

If you have access to information that I don't (and you imply, or at least I infer, that you do) then to quote that information without giving full reference to it detracts from any points that you seek to make. I cannot reply to something which is invisible to me, making a quote without reference of no value.

I have already said that local fans (not necessarily in high places, that is an insulting term to ordinary working people and I count myself in that category) anyway local fans will not work with our Chairman, and I have said I cannot blame them. The Chairman has lost the trust and confidence of the majority of the fans. Whether that is right or not is a slightly separate issue, it reflects reality based on the Chairman's behaviour. If the Chairman feels it is the right thing to ostracise his main customer base then I await to see his plans for replacing that customer base.

I have posted about how the club can move forward (there are many other ideas floating around) and you choose to ignore that point. I also note that you say the Chairman "doesnt (sic) care". Yes that point is one where we can agree, it is abundantly clear that he does not care that is one of the many problems. Your post above in reply to mine can be judged by any reasonable person as to the motivation about trying to identify a way of helping Port Vale move forward and to offer some realistic appraisal and assessment for our chairman to consider.

I am aware of the implications of business, I have been in business for over 40 years and also hold a high level academic qualification in the subject. Our Chairman is in no position to project his achievements as Chairman as reflecting any kind of good business practice. Yes our Chairman can do with it as he wishes, and he may not want to walk away with a loss of £2M, but unless he exercises some realistic business appraisal and analysis his eventual losses will amount to substantially more than £2M.

Did he? I think you need to go back and read exactly what I said to Matt Holland and my subsequent reply, because like Matt Holland you seem unable to understand the written word. Please explain to me why I am a liar and what Matt Holland has proved exactly? He has proved nothing because he has not understood what I said or is twisting it to his own end and has also not responded to my reply because he knows he has made a mistake. So I ask you again, why am I a liar?

Think you ought to think before you post.

You obviously have a problem trying to alienate fellow Vale fans with your personal criticisms rather than trying to solve the massive problems facing Port Vale and its support.

Think you ought to think before you post.

You obviously have a problem trying to alienate fellow Vale fans with your personal criticisms rather than trying to solve the massive problems facing Port Vale and its support.

Sorry, I think very hard before I post anything, unlike Matt and Howy it seems. Matt has misinterprated something completely that I posted. From his misunderstanding he is calling me a liar and Howy is also.I am not a liar, my explanation, and those of Jean Jackson and Rob Fielding further prove that, so if I have alienated them I aren't really bothered. Lets see how you react if people start insinuating you did something to damage the club, with no proof, and then after it's proved you were innocent they still publically call you a liar. Finally it is not my responsibility to solve Vales massive problems, that is up to Norman, but I can certainly comment on what one of those massive problems is and that is again Norman.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119[/ATTACH]

here you go Tim, according to you FACT is that the group got the email after the story was published. then further down you decide oh actually people did and start firing names about. However youve said originally they didnt , so you were lying and maybe so was the chairman. Who wins when you are both at it?

If someone lies about a liar does that make them better, the same or worse?

At the beginning of last week Norman came on OVF and started to engage with fans. Sensible questions were asked, and Smurf replied to quite a few. In the main, his replies were horrendous. To the question of marketing a bycars ticket initiative, he couldn't understand the futility of advertising such a scheme through 100 flyers in the stadium. He received no abuse at all throughout that time, he just didn't like the fact that people weren't kissing his arse all the time, such as they he likes to be treated. That's the ego we're dealing with.

What I don't understand though Matt, given your assertion that "Smurf isn't going to bend to the pressure of 15-20 vocal people", why are you getting so worked up about such a "small contingent" (we both know that's not true by the way). The truth is, Smurf does care, his poll last week proves that, he's considering selling to hedge funds because apparently, he's tired of the criticism. He's sought fans opinions over the last 2 weeks, but when those opinions don't involve constant praise, he stamps his feet and promises never to post on here or twitter ever again.

Thankfully he's decided social media is no longer for him so you don't need to save for a flagpole and Tim doesn't need to practice rolling over the bonnet of cars! 😂

It will be inteeesting to look back at these threads in a couple of years and see where we are then when Synetics have bankrolled us to the tune of 10 million a season to the PL title.

you can come on here whenever you want, as can I, you are the one who told me not to come on here for another 6 months. You seem as confused as Matt Holland.

im always confused when people type or talk ******** Tim. The bottom line is you like to make out you are in the know and love the sound of your own voice. The reality is you just have your nose up the arses of the people who do actually have the information. As ive showed when you went on about the email sent out not coming to the group before it being published then tried to spin the fact you talked total crap and it had. Basically Tim it was sent to those deemed important enough to get it, you werent on that list and then looked a *** because you thought you were on the important list. :doh:

Every bit of 'knowledge' you come up with is second hand, you personally have no information other than what you are told. I will accept information from the horses mouth, not from someone who likes the power trip of having information when really hes just got snippits of what others what him to have. You questioned the existence of the hedge fund bids...then a few days later went on to talk about how their website was unprofessional and their figures were all over the place. Not bad considering they didnt exist? :doh:

Talking crap like this just means the average fan doesnt really know what is going on, NS might be lying but the people saying he is lying has no credibility anyway as they change their mind every two days on what they know to be FACT.

Archived