onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time for Norman Smurthwaite to put a genuine price tag on the club and go

News Feed

Advert

Very good piece, echoes the thoughts of the majority of us.

I often think about what we've been through as a club over the last 15 years and I honestly think that if Hollywood made a film about us people would think "that's too far fetched and would never happen".

Never make it to a film theatre though as they would not have enough pies or hot water for drinks for the paying public! lol.

OVF never ceases to amaze me almost as much as the Norwegian hedge fund valuations. Realistically does anyone really think that NS is going to walk away from PVFC with a 2 million quid loss? Whilst everyone is calling on him to do this that and the other if I was him I wouldnt either. After all he owns the club and the ground and whilst its all very nice we talk about the love of the club, love of the club isnt worth a penny in the real world.

He stands to lose 2 million pounds regardless of what happens, realistically if he stops putting money into the club and calls in his loans he could actually put it into administration and in turn cut how much he is putting in to cover cost on a monthly basis. Or he could gamble that if he keeps rolling the dice for a few more seasons we might drop lucky with a player sale, playoff spot/ promotion to league 1 again or championship or investor willing to pay him a million less than what he says he wants. (halving his loss of 2 million).

Rather than ask a businessman to lose 2million quid fans would be more effective genuinely working with him to find a buyer and find out his valuations of the club and its assets. (however the later may put him at a negotiating disadvantage as bidders know what he personally values things at and might not launch an inflated offer)

Rather than ask a businessman to lose 2million quid fans would be more effective genuinely working with him to find a buyer and find out his valuations of the club and its assets. (however the later may put him at a negotiating disadvantage as bidders know what he personally values things at and might not launch an inflated offer)

But what if fans are doing that and think that his valuation means there won't be any sensible bidders for the club unless it is lower?

In theory, if I ask people to help me sell OVF Towers but I'm seeking £1m for it and it's only worth £10,000 then all the help and advice in the world probably won't help me sell it.

Is a club that could potentially be in League Two really worth £6-7m when it was worth £1.25m in 2012 and when £3.7m of the asking price is director's loans accrued in the last five years?

But what if fans are doing that and think that his valuation means there won't be any sensible bidders for the club unless it is lower?

In theory, if I ask people to help me sell OVF Towers but I'm seeking £1m for it and it's only worth £10,000 then all the help and advice in the world probably won't help me sell it.

Is a club that could potentially be in League Two really worth £6-7m when it was worth £1.25m in 2012 and when £3.7m of the asking price is director's loans accrued in the last five years?

The thing that the majority of fans are having issues with in my opinion is being civil. It is in both NS and the fans interests for NS to leave PVFC, however a lot of fans are spending most of their time trying to prove NS is lying or may be lying rather than just getting on for the sake of what they say they care about. For some its become a personal crusade to make NS look bad (rightly or wrongly and not very difficult at times)The who har about the email from NS being leaked turned into people putting time lines of when they personally got it and claiming that they got the email after the sentinel ran the story, only to then say some got it before and some didnt only muddys the waters and further breaks the relationship (both sets may be blagging it we will never know). For some its become a case of im cleverer than you in regards to the chairman. Lets be blunt people can prove he is lying and make him look bad, but it doesnt solve anything he owns the football club you love and he can do with it what he wishes so does it matter that hes lying? it doesnt help PVFC if its proved, it just inflates the egos of some fans. Is he asking over the odds... I believe so, does NS really give a f**k that i think that..absolutely not, but ******* him off isnt going to get him to sell PVFC

If we went into admin, the only one who would lose out would be Smurthwaite if he is indeed our sole creditor, so he won't do that.

it limits his liabilities massively though. Say we go down and hes having to fork out 100k a month to support the club. Rather than do that he can write off the money owed rather than add another 1.2 mill to it

OVF never ceases to amaze me almost as much as the Norwegian hedge fund valuations. Realistically does anyone really think that NS is going to walk away from PVFC with a 2 million quid loss? Whilst everyone is calling on him to do this that and the other if I was him I wouldnt either. After all he owns the club and the ground and whilst its all very nice we talk about the love of the club, love of the club isnt worth a penny in the real world.

He stands to lose 2 million pounds regardless of what happens, realistically if he stops putting money into the club and calls in his loans he could actually put it into administration and in turn cut how much he is putting in to cover cost on a monthly basis. Or he could gamble that if he keeps rolling the dice for a few more seasons we might drop lucky with a player sale, playoff spot/ promotion to league 1 again or championship or investor willing to pay him a million less than what he says he wants. (halving his loss of 2 million).

He won't engage with fans anymore. His words. He came on here last week to gauge opinion, he didn't like the outcome so hasn't posted since. He won't work with fans as he doesn't value them.

Your use of the word "gamble" is interesting, given the disastrous gamble he took last summer. His competence is in question, he's already said himself that he's tired and his health is suffering, does that strike you as a man with the energy and enthusiasm needed to take the club forward? Especially when his plan for the club echoes your post "rolling the dice for a few more seasons we might drop lucky with a player sale, playoff spot/ promotion to league 1 again or championship or investor willing to pay him a million less than what he says he wants".

Is that a long term vision you can buy into, considering Norman's track record to date? Its an option, but I'm sure you know what the risks are to that approach? One of which is that very few people will be there, spending their money, to watch it all unravel.

Lets be blunt people can prove he is lying and make him look bad, but it doesnt solve anything he owns the football club you love and he can do with it what he wishes so does it matter that hes lying? it doesnt help PVFC if its proved, it just inflates the egos of some fans.

I said as much on the other thread. Link - http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?29967-Smurthwaite-statement/page23&p=710723#post710723

However, even if you are civil it doesn't get away from the fact that if the buyers are businessmen as well then he's going to be unlikely to sell it to anyone sensible (hedge funds who think we can get 20k attendances aside).

The who har about the email from NS being leaked turned into people putting time lines of when they personally got it and claiming that they got the email after the sentinel ran the story, only to then say some got it before and some didnt only muddys the waters and further breaks the relationship (both sets may be blagging it we will never know)

Norman himself will confirm he sent the email to myself, Jean and one other fan on Weds 1st March. I'm happy to screengrab the email header and date to show when I received mine. The Sentinel published an article with the details on the Saturday 3rd March. I don't think anyone is denying those timelines or "blagging" - that's what happened, both sides agree.

Stop talking sense and being positive Mattholl it's against the law.Don't you know anything?:wink:

Some fans need to understand that being a total a hole doesnt promote a nice easy sale process. If I want my next door neighbour to move because they are scum bags (true story) me slagging them off and making them look stupid all the time isnt going to get them to move, they own the house. Making sure the relationship is courteous and that if someone was to look at the house or consider buying it that we look hassle free neighbours and not a spanner in the works is the way to make it happen. Lets be honest is you looked at Port Vale and thought the fans have protested and got rid of Bill Bell, V2001 and then NS you probably look at it and think its not worth the effort when that is what you have to work with. If fans built a relationship that is professional and courteous with NS even if they think hes a total weapon the club looks like a decent prospect and they may well be included in the sale process as a sounding board should a genuine bidder emerge and open a dialogue. No bidder is going to want to do that for fear of ******* off NS currently

Archived