onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alex Jones

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

I was partly playing devil's advocate because Moore wasn't my favourite player either but as beasty says he probably would play on the right wing because we have no-one any better than him.

De Freitas is left footed and not a right winger.

Thomas might do a job but is more of a left winger/central player.

Taylor has been abysmally poor for us.

None of those three would threaten the goal as often as Moore would.

It's all opinions of course!

Moore wasn't great but currently I think I'm right in saying that our entire midfield has only scored two goals all season and we're into January.

couldnt agree more. Its always Smurfs fault... Realistically Bradford have a championship budget and we cant compete with that. You cant complain about a chairman not breaking his own bank account to sign a player for what could well be over the odds. He agreed a deal with Birmingham and not the agent and player too. We also need to bare in mind that we need two strikers, we cant use up the budget for two on one player. In my opinion i think Smurf has been very good this year, gave a new manager some backing with new players, it hasnt come off but he did his bit. I think a lot of managers would be happy that they could come in and bring in 7-10 players at the start of the season which is major backing at this level. Also bear in mind Jones has been good scored some good goals, but without the pens has he been that prolific? AJ Leitch Smith mentioned on here too at 3k a week, does he look a good prospect now at 3k per week? his scoring record is very poor throughout his career so he just hit a purple patch with us for a few months. I think really if you look at Smurfs calls on wages as a whole hes pretty much got it right, same with Andoh. Fans were raving saying he was being cheap, but I dont see clubs rushing in to get him on the books. Hes still witout a club and hasnt kicked a ball this year.

Yes but the year is only 5 days old.:laugh:

I was partly playing devil's advocate because Moore wasn't my favourite player either but as beasty says he probably would play on the right wing because we have no-one any better than him.

De Freitas is left footed and not a right winger.

Thomas might do a job but is more of a left winger/central player.

Taylor has been abysmally poor for us.

None of those three would threaten the goal as often as Moore would.

It's all opinions of course!

Moore wasn't great but currently I think I'm right in saying that our entire midfield has only scored two goals all season and we're into January.

Still think de Freitas would do a job there right or left footed same as Thomas. Both would be more than useful there. On paper Taylor should be as well although I agree I've really not been impressed at all with him so far. To be fair I really don't think Moore would've improved our goals from midfield too much, he would possibly have a couple if that. I'm not saying our options out there are great by any stretch just personally really didn't rate Byron

We spend our money wisely. Sadly, we haven't and never seem to.

And smaller clubs like us to should be able to at least have some food at half time for the consumer to buy.

Sadly, we don't.

Our club, from a business perspective, on and off the pitch, stinks at the moment.

The basics aren't even in place.

No doubt this month and the summer months will see at least another ten new arrivals. All on pittance. All a gamble. In the one hope Norman can get his million pound plus player.

Not recognising that we could probably afford to make Alex Jones our permanent signing had we not got dross like Tavares, Mbamba, Perreira, Cicilia, Macintosh, Santos, De Freitas and many more on the books.

Not one of the mentioned players will ever go for more than a grand never mind a million.

Jones on the other hand, well, he will be the one got away but could have been easily captured.

I remember Norman on the radio in the summer. Doesn't want players who "chase the money"

That's all well and good. But I would prefer 20 quality players on decent money for the level, than 35-40 bang average players, if that, who will never take us to the next level.

I doubt Alex wanted stupid wages. Until Norman's mindset changes and he starts to spend his money wisely instead of in sheer hope, in the words of Bill Bratt..... We are where we are.

I agree with your point of quality over quantity as I've banging on about it over the last 18 months while two managers have spunked away budgets on huge squads of average players. It makes no sense at all to have 35 in a squad when 20-22 of higher quality plus the odd loan would have been perfect.

It's imperative the chairman chooses the right man this time, a man who recognises quality over quantity.

Still think de Freitas would do a job there right or left footed same as Thomas. Both would be more than useful there. On paper Taylor should be as well although I agree I've really not been impressed at all with him so far. To be fair I really don't think Moore would've improved our goals from midfield too much, he would possibly have a couple if that. I'm not saying our options out there are great by any stretch just personally really didn't rate Byron

Christ I'd never have Moore back no matter how bad things got. The first player I can genuinely say in 30+ years of watching Vale that was cowardly and hid in games.

He was up there yesterday as I mentioned.

As he said they are a massive club so we were never realistically going to be able to compete.

Stuart McCall was at the Vale game v Chesterfield, and i was told at Oldham by my reliable source he would sign for Bradford as i put on here on Monday.

Guest TommyMac
He was up there yesterday as I mentioned.

Yes as you have said..... and said..... and said. God it must be killing your pig that no-one cares enough to ask 'how you know?'

I'm willing to bet it was less about money and more the enticement of playing in front of more than just a few thousand.

A big empty Vale Park and just a few hardy souls isn't much of a draw.

I can remember watching vale play shrewsbury in league 2 in front of nearly 8,000 just a few years back. Incredible what a bit of togetherness can create with the right manager (at the time). Never has it been more important to get this next one right.

We need to reduce the capacity of Vale Park too. I watched Bournemouth's 11k cauldron on tv this week. That's what we need.

Archived