onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Championship Striker? Alex Jones? Smurf On The Radio

ValiantJoel

Advert

We're fast becoming Emergency Ward 10 though. There's stuff you gamble with but not the whole future of the football club.

I pseronally think it was worth the gamble. We were going nowhere with a decent manager in page but not one to take us o the next level in my opinion. And in this league with some very big sides it would always be difficult to stand out doing the same as everyone else. There's still time the gamble may eventually come off and to be fair were unearthed some very decent players. I think the gamble was worth it as long as there is a plan after Bruno If everything truly goes **** up.

I pseronally think it was worth the gamble. We were going nowhere with a decent manager in page but not one to take us o the next level in my opinion. And in this league with some very big sides it would always be difficult to stand out doing the same as everyone else. There's still time the gamble may eventually come off and to be fair were unearthed some very decent players. I think the gamble was worth it as long as there is a plan after Bruno If everything truly goes **** up.

Rob Page clearly was doing a decent job at Vale- a few people seem to overlook the fact that he took over a team second from bottom of the League and, at the end of last season, we were comfortably a "top half" side.

As others have pointed out, the "due diligence" undertaken by Smurf leading to the appointment of Bruno must have been summarised on the back of a cigarette packet.

Vale are heading for a different level-unfortunately it is not the Championship.

I think we all know that unless we sign 4-5 better players in January then we're heading for trouble by the end of the season.

The current squad might include a few lads with potential but most are not (yet) good enough to get us into the top 3-4, not by a county mile.

Of course, bringing in a few reinforcements on top of the 36 we've already got makes our recruitment in pre-season look a little bit nonsensical and stupid, but we are where we are.

In my view we need to keep Jones and another goalscoring forward. If he doesn't stay we need two. And they don't grow on trees. We also need a quick winger. And a creative midfield player. And I still think we could ideally do with another stopper/centre back because if Streete misses 5-6 games the replacements are not up to his level. Once the window closes that's it, so I would hope that the Club learns from its rather silly recruitment process that left us short in several positions and for a change goes for quality over quantity.

Too much common sense Sage. As much as I didn't like Page, Smurf's attitude to him has cost us all. That squad needed a few tweaks and we would have been top 6. This season has been a mare.

A few tweaks? Not for me it was jobs for the boys. Look at Page now struggling to keep his job / the fans on side with a team that steam rollered the league below last season. He could bore Steve Davis to sleep!

Rob Page clearly was doing a decent job at Vale- a few people seem to overlook the fact that he took over a team second from bottom of the League and, at the end of last season, we were comfortably a "top half" side.

As others have pointed out, the "due diligence" undertaken by Smurf leading to the appointment of Bruno must have been summarised on the back of a cigarette packet.

Vale are heading for a different level-unfortunately it is not the Championship.

Decent job :laugh: We were heading one way, he started to the rot of boring football, sadly after a bright start at home Bruno hasn't proved the answer as the replacement to date.

A few tweaks? Not for me it was jobs for the boys. Look at Page now struggling to keep his job / the fans on side with a team that steam rollered the league below last season. He could bore Steve Davis to sleep!

Not the jobs for the boys nonsense again! You think this season is not boring? We had scored considerably more under Page by this time last season.

Not the jobs for the boys nonsense again! You think this season is not boring? We had scored considerably more under Page by this time last season.

It can't be nonsense if it's true! How much did the chairman have to increase the budget by as the plank hadn't got a striker etc? The last couple of months have been but up to October was very entertaining. As Pope said in his column had things happened the other way round people would probably be quite happy now.

I think we all know that unless we sign 4-5 better players in January then we're heading for trouble by the end of the season.

The current squad might include a few lads with potential but most are not (yet) good enough to get us into the top 3-4, not by a county mile.

Of course, bringing in a few reinforcements on top of the 36 we've already got makes our recruitment in pre-season look a little bit nonsensical and stupid, but we are where we are.

In my view we need to keep Jones and another goalscoring forward. If he doesn't stay we need two. And they don't grow on trees. We also need a quick winger. And a creative midfield player. And I still think we could ideally do with another stopper/centre back because if Streete misses 5-6 games the replacements are not up to his level. Once the window closes that's it, so I would hope that the Club learns from its rather silly recruitment process that left us short in several positions and for a change goes for quality over quantity.

I completely agree, If whoever was the manager back in June had implemented "Plan B" and bought in 3/4/5 quallity Lge 1/Championship class players (in addition to Jones/Taylor/Thomas) and taken a punt on 4-5 of the better players bought in from everseas it would have built a real buzz around VP and the majority of fans would have been genuinely up for it and excited.

Would have so much easier for the younger players as its easier to strut your stuff in a team doing well rather than one struggling.

Decent job :laugh: We were heading one way' date=' he started to the rot of boring football, sadly after a bright start at home Bruno hasn't proved the answer as the replacement to date.[/quote']

Have you decided to open that bottle of champagne you have brought to celebrate promotion at the end of the season?....

You are making even less sense than usual if that is possible.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all our budding football/managers/pundits.its very easy to critise and spend others cash.my wish to all his our chairman succeeds in his quest to bring success to Vale on hopefully sustainable budget.He has many flaws as many have pointed out, but I honestly believe his heart is in the right place.as we all do,hopefully he will learn from his earlier mistakes, keep the faith, together we will succeed

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all our budding football/managers/pundits.its very easy to critise and spend others cash.my wish to all his our chairman succeeds in his quest to bring success to Vale on hopefully sustainable budget.He has many flaws as many have pointed out, but I honestly believe his heart is in the right place.as we all do,hopefully he will learn from his earlier mistakes, keep the faith, together we will succeed

Top post!

Archived