onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert

A much improved performace from AJ  from his WHL showing

With a little bit more sustained presure in the 9th may even of pulled off a stoppage

But for me I dont know haw AJ got the wiin on one of the scorecards ?

A unanimous win for Uskk on my card,

We just have to see him take on Tyson Fury now...Looks like both are up for iy........$$$$££££ ?

The right decision for me but did AJ and his team get the strategy wrong.

Usyk has a good chin and is an all action pressure fighter and if the fight goes the distance Usyk is likely to win on points.

So for me AJ being the bigger, heavier and stronger man has to make that count. I would have thought he would get closer to Usk, man handle him, work inside to the body and sap Usk's strength and then stand off and unleash his power.

Either that or take some risks, let his hands go more and throw some big shots to make Usk keep his hands at home, sometimes a boxer has to take one to give one.

It seemed in the 9th AJ did try and use his strength and power and he had Usyk wobbling but it was back to normal in the 10th and the opportunity lost.

Perhaps I'm underestimating Usyk's power and/or over estimating AJ's chin but watching the fight I just got the "deja vu" feeling.

Perhaps a fight with Wilder is the way forward for AJ as Wilder fights soon and is gonna need a big name to get back amongst the "contenders".

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2022 at 18:41, Paul6754 said:

Usyk has a good chin and is an all action pressure fighter and if the fight goes the distance Usyk is likely to win on points.

So for me AJ being the bigger, heavier and stronger man has to make that count. I would have thought he would get closer to Usk, man handle him, work inside to the body and sap Usk's strength and then stand off and unleash his power.

Either that or take some risks, let his hands go more and throw some big shots to make Usk keep his hands at home, sometimes a boxer has to take one to give one.

It seemed in the 9th AJ did try and use his strength and power and he had Usyk wobbling but it was back to normal in the 10th and the opportunity lost.

Perhaps I'm underestimating Usyk's power and/or over estimating AJ's chin but watching the fight I just got the "deja vu" feeling.

Perhaps a fight with Wilder is the way forward for AJ as Wilder fights soon and is gonna need a big name to get back amongst the "contenders".

Good analysis. 

In terms of AJ apparently he's fighting again in November. Can't think who it would be though , Chisora said he would never fight him due to their friendship, Wilder is fighting in October. Dubois or whyte maybe ? Although I feel that might be too soon after a heavy battle against Usyk which isn't that far in terms of months. 

Perhaps a journeymen like fighter ( Lucas Browne,Gerald Washington type) mainly to get that winning morale back and get him back on track 

I thought Josh started a bit slow, but on the other hand if he'd gone out all guns blazing he'd probably have gassed. What his corner were doing telling he won the first four is anyone's guess.  End of the day I was just very impressed with Usyk. Took a punch, was moving as well in the 12th as the first.  He's a dull fighter for sure,  but the better man won. Not sure there was much  Josh could do really. 

Let's hope we get Fury - Usyk.  Would be very interesting, think Fury would have too much for him.

Edited by toyahw

On 21/08/2022 at 18:41, Paul6754 said:

I found this an extraordinary fight. I felt Usyk won by several rounds. So did everyone else pretty much except the judges.

AJ did have a run of good punches in a couple of rounds that troubled him a bit but then normal service resumed. It could be much closer if the definition of a punch is changed such that Usyk must hit AJ harder. Alternatively it's deemed a lot more punches than I thought were blocked on the gloves. AJ stands around not doing much and doesn't let his hands go. His punch volume is much lower than Usyk. 

Overall I can't see where AJ goes from here. I feel Fury and Wilder would render him horizontal in the first half of a fight. Other fights are accepting a step down and he may lose those including to Joe Joyce. Time to retire unless he's on a promise somehow. 

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

I thought Josh started a bit slow, but on the other hand if he'd gone out all guns blazing he'd probably have gassed. What his corner were doing telling he won the first four is anyone's guess.  End of the day I was just very impressed with Usyk. Took a punch, was moving as well in the 12th as the first.  He's a dull fighter for sure,  but the better man won. Not sure there was much  Josh could do really. 

Let's hope we get Fury - Usyk.  Would be very interesting, think Fury would have too much for him.

I lost some of my high impression of Usyk. He can pitter patter around with AJ who is a manufactured boxer with insufficient natural talent. That's why he doesn't get enough punches off because he hasn't got muscle intelligence and he's thinking about everything.

But get in with Fury who is bigger and naturally talented and I think Fury walks over and flattens Usyk in about 3 rounds. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good fight between Ruiz jjr and Ortiz impressed by the Mexican

Looks likely that he could be on for a match up with Wilder asuming Wilder wins his next fght

That would be a good scrap and both can punch

See Frank Warren says that Fury and Usyk will deffinately go ahead possibly in Jeddah $$$$$$ sometime before X mas 

Proberly just before the World Cup Final ?

Thought that Natasha Jonas also deserves a mention a good solid win against a previoucely unbeaten and difficult fighter

Bring on Saturday Where the ladis are once again in th limelighy

I justt hope that Savanah Marshall can dropp the so called gobby Gwoat

I see Shilds taking the early rounds before SM land a big um

10 minutes ago, LoveRapt said:

60 /40

Sounds a great deal for ne

Wait out

To be honest I just take what fury says with a grain of salt nowadays. 

First retired , then he will come back but only 500mil , then he's gonna fight chisora then he's not , then usyk but apparently uysk is scared which is obviously a lie now he's calling out joshua who only had a brutal fight a few week backs.

There's no way a heavy weight boxer is having two massive fights in a space of three months. 

Not to mention the back and forth between these two has been going for nearly 10 years now. 

I respect fury as the great boxer he is and all the mental health awareness he's done can only be inspiring. However he craves the spotlight and the need to be on social media and have everyone talking about him. So when the joshua doesn't happen again he will be back on his socials calling a dosser etc.. 

Same as the mma stuff. Says but it will never happen. 

He'll be wwe bound next year. Which he's perfect for