onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Really pissed off with mens boxing after the last few months.....least said the better.

In all fairness you have to say that Saturdays card featuring the ladies has me more excited not only with the main event but an exceptional undercard

Tipping Mayer to win Flip a coin on the big one

Advert

Thought Mayer was robbed had her at least2 rounds ahead.

Shields was superb, but full marks to Savannah she gave her all.

Devin Haney was once again the master over a much improved Kambosis jr

And what a peach of a 1st round KO by Wider on his comeback.....Think both AJ and Usyk would have a job on to beat him.

Edited by LoveRapt
spelling

On 16/10/2022 at 11:14, LoveRapt said:

Thought Mayer was robbed had her at least2 rounds ahead.

Shields was superb, but full marks to Savannah she gave her all.

Devin Haney was once again the master over a much improved Kambosis jr

And what a peach of a 1st round KO by Wider on his comeback.....Think both AJ and Usyk would have a job on to beat him.

Agree with all that my friend. A cracking night/weekend of Boxing 

Good to see Marshall/Shields get over 2mill TV ratings too. Womens boxing is more then just Katie Taylor and they deserve all the credit 

Edited by boslemportvale91

So Fury-Chisora III Announced for December. The trilogy we never needed. Good for Delboy to get a decent pay day though

Whyte-Franklin also announced. I don't know much about Franklin other then he's an undefeated upcomer in the heavyweight division. Wardley-Gorman announced. Interesting fight that. Zach Parker-Ryder also on the same night on BT. Potential banger right there 

On 23/10/2022 at 00:56, boslemportvale91 said:

So Fury-Chisora III Announced for December. The trilogy we never needed. Good for Delboy to get a decent pay day though

Whyte-Franklin also announced. I don't know much about Franklin other then he's an undefeated upcomer in the heavyweight division. Wardley-Gorman announced. Interesting fight that. Zach Parker-Ryder also on the same night on BT. Potential banger right there 

Franklin looks like a man who wants to reach some kind of top. In any case, this fight will be more interesting for me, because newcomers always fight more unpredictably.

• 2 weeks later...

Good weekend of boxing 

Sunny edwards fighting Friday night 

Hatton exhibition. 

Natasha Jonas with clarke and dalton smith on the undercard respectively 

Denzel Bentley fighting in the US on BT sports 

And the mayweather exhibition against a youtuber which I really don't care for. Apparently tommy fury is on the undercard 

The boxing was a great night, helped when one of the bar staff was doing two pints for a tenner for cash only! Few good fights, Ricky looked good and fit as a fiddle. Enjoyed watching the women, they are so quick it was unbelievable to see in person. 

• Like 1

Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith and Josh Taylor vs Liam Catterall II both to be announced by sky sports. Two good fights there

I have to say since the split. The DAZN project doesn't seem to work for the boxing fans. Especially now it's mixing with the YT/KSI stuff. All about money instead of getting the best Fights out there. 

Standard Eddie hearn though. Money over fighters. There's also talk of matchroom losing okolie who's another one fed up with behind the scenes of boxing. 

Greed is killing the sport 

Easy win for Yarde tonight. Big fight announced against beterbiev in January. I can't see Yarde winning that one sadly. Beterbiev is a different animal 

Beterbiev-Yarde

Stevenson- Garcia

Eubank Jr - Smith 

Wilder - Ruiz 

2023 already looking tasty with some quality fights lined up. Just need Crawford and Errol Spence to finally fight. Getting borderline mayweather/pacman ridiculous now