onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

9 Vale fans sentenced

Mario

Advert

That's astonishing I drove up to that game and was outside the Leopard when it kicked off still in my car, from memory the Barnsley fans came charging out of the pub looking for trouble one picked up the sandwich board from outside the pub thrashed it about a bit and hurled it into the road. I did see people come over confront them following this. Later I heard that the Leopard had been trashed and that was the reason why.

I was in the leopard and saw all this. A group of Barnsley fans gathered outside the pub, a group of vale fans came down the road and it did kick off. It was clearly organised. There were punches thrown and boards from the pub thrown by Barnsley fans. A small group of Barnsley fans sought refuge and ran in the leopard then sat quietly in the corner. The whole thing was over in 5 mins.

I seriously cannot even begin to comprehend the sentences given out here. 20 months in prison?! What the ****?

It was young men having a bit of a skirmish which happens every weekend night in every town all over the U.K.

That's astonishing I drove up to that game and was outside the Leopard when it kicked off still in my car, from memory the Barnsley fans came charging out of the pub looking for trouble one picked up the sandwich board from outside the pub thrashed it about a bit and hurled it into the road. I did see people come over confront them following this. Later I heard that the Leopard had been trashed and that was the reason why.

I was in the leopard and saw all this. A group of Barnsley fans gathered outside the pub, a group of vale fans came down the road and it did kick off. It was clearly organised. There were punches thrown and boards from the pub thrown by Barnsley fans. A small group of Barnsley fans sought refuge and ran in the leopard then sat quietly in the corner. The whole thing was over in 5 mins.

I seriously cannot even begin to comprehend the sentences given out here. 20 months in prison?! What the ****?

It was young men having a bit of a skirmish which happens every weekend night in every town all over the U.K.

Just goes to show that different people at different times in different places can have different views of 'different' incidents. Were either of us consulted at all during this time. Again seems extreme for what went on, unless we have another witness.

It would have looked like they came out of the leopard if you were driving past. They hadn't been in. One small group of them didn't fancy what was going on and backed in the pub when it started.

Any road, ridiculously harsh sentence. They'll no doubt say we don't tolerate such behaviour on our streets but Jesus... compare that with other sentences day after day

Just goes to show that different people at different times in different places can have different views of 'different' incidents. Were either of us consulted at all during this time. Again seems extreme for what went on, unless we have another witness.
I think the difference was it being organised in a town centre early afternoon when children were about, as against a chance encounter at night in a drinking area where passers-by know the risks.

It all kicked off outside the Leopard pub where the Barnsley fans were drinking, not in the Shaggers.

20 months though is shocking especially when you get peadophiles walking free from court.:angry:

You sound like a Britain First post.

I was in the Leopard that day, the Barnsley fans were not in there at all. I saw what happened through the window and 20 months is the least they deserve, ******* animals

I cant see much wrong with the sentence apart from the usual inconsistency of sentencing... to be honest as it was organised its a bit light in my opinion.

I think a lifetime ban should be mandatory on conviction

Completely agree, my dad was in the Leopard that day, not a pleasant experience which was completely organised and which left innocent people trapped.

If this scum want to fight it out with other scum then why not fight it out in a field miles from anyone or anything else?

Justice done.

Lifetime bans!! and justice done!! scream geo and rep.... Exactly the responses I would expect from you two but at least geo slightly gets the point.

A 20 month prison sentence is unbelievably inconsistent with any other sentencing policy. If that person had broken into your home and stolen your things whilst out of his mind on drugs, would he have got a comparable sentence?

Or someone just smacks an innocent bloke in a pub of front of his wife? What sentence do they get? Not 20 months in prison and I know what would have more of an effect on me as a victim, I was trapped in the leopard too... for all of 4 mins

Lifetime bans!! and justice done!! scream geo and rep.... Exactly the responses I would expect from you two but at least geo slightly gets the point.

A 20 month prison sentence is unbelievably inconsistent with any other sentencing policy. If that person had broken into your home and stolen your things whilst out of his mind on drugs, would he have got a comparable sentence?

Or someone just smacks an innocent bloke in a pub of front of his wife? What sentence do they get? Not 20 months in prison and I know what would have more of an effect on me as a victim, I was trapped in the leopard too... for all of 4 mins

Don't panic. They will be out in 10.

******* lowlife.

Exactly. What no one can answer is why football-related disorder is treated so differently (I.e very harshly) to any other kind.

This was two groups "having it" and I struggle to see the difference between this and the all-too-regular brawls between groups in town and city centres at weekends.

Archived