onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are Vale fans that thick??

Spunk Trumpet

A loan player has come in from Rangers - he was on their bench and he is prepared to come down from a club with 40,000 gates and in Europe to play for the Vale. So any argument about putting off loan signings doesn't hold water now and it didn't last season either - we were awash with them. For a player it is about opportunity. Little has come to get games and a few people protesting against the board but not against the team isn't going to deter him.

Which just goes to show what a crock of crap those statements on the official website are :yes:

Advert

Which just goes to show what a crock of crap those statements on the official website are :yes:

Exactly, I think the club has done better in media handling recently but Deakin and Lloyd are on the other side of the pond? Whilst the cat(s) away the mice will play?

Does anyone else feel that M.A. after match responses are not the same this season ?

I honestly believe he jumped at the job, said yes boss to Bratt ' i know there is no money '

but on a three year contract IS HE BOTHERED.

We swapped Pope for JR and brought in 6 young kids that may not make an impression at all this season or ever ?

We have not strengthened the wide positions at all

We may have been lucky with Rigg hitting a purple patch

We have M.A. who will not play certain players unless he has to - Todays scorers Dodds and Morsy - i guarantee they do not start the next game unless we have injuries.

We have M.A. trying to play three centre mid players in two centre mid positions

We have M.A. trying to play three centre back players in two centre back positions

ITS NOT WORKING.

A loan player has come in from Rangers - he was on their bench and he is prepared to come down from a club with 40,000 gates and in Europe to play for the Vale. So any argument about putting off loan signings doesn't hold water now and it didn't last season either - we were awash with them. For a player it is about opportunity. Little has come to get games and people protesting against the board but not against the team isn't going to deter him.

That's the problem - there's only one of him. We needed 3 or 4 good class signings, whether loans or otherwise, to give us the strength in depth we need. A few injuries and guess what? We start losing.

The reason we haven't made those signings is lack of finance. We could have had it if the three stooges had done the decent thing and disappeared on June 1st, but self preservation kicked in. I stand to be corrected on this - and I'll be the first to say I was wrong if the figures add up - but the Ameriturf deal is a fraction of what we could have expected had the Choudry offer been accepted.

Still, we are where we are.

I think change is coming and lets hope the trip across the pond is fruitful. I think Deakin has at least rescued the commercial management. The squad is better than last year and even though it has been a bad week we are still only 3 points away from 4th and have the bottom team away next week with home games after that. I think we have enough in midfield to do well, but we need better performance at the back and front. We scored 2 goals today but the statistics say that should have been at least 3 and probably 5. So we are not getting the best out of ourselves presently.

More money buys better players true. But we are not doing as well as we should be presently because, to use management speak, we are inefficient. That is an operational management problem not a strategic board room level issue in the present moment. I accept that the board need to bring in more money asap.

Here is my argument. Today, 63% possession, 15 shots only 4 on target. Today, 2 goals conceded from outside the box a closing down issue. Losing goal today five minutes into injury time. Today Pope missed an open goal and anyone in the crowd looks more likely to score than him. Past issues, starting too slowly, losing goals at set pieces, keeper dodgy on crosses and letting goals in centrally.

Just doing better with what we have will garnish more points and loan players are not the answer unless there is suddenly a lot more money and we can get 5 higher league level players in who will significantly improve the team.

Warren, the players we have are 4th division players. We can talk about operational management all day long but it is the board provide management with the tools to carry ou their job. On the face of it our squad doesn't sound too bad, but have we the strength in depth to cope when rigg, loft, richards, collins aren't available? We need investment, ambiion, vision, to provide management with the resources to deliver. The current have none of those things, furthermore, they turn away anyone who has. And they have the audacity to blame b n g for putting off investors. Defend them someone, please explain what good they are bringing to this club.

To go to Championship level and sustain it needs big change and investment at the club. I think it is possible to good manage our way back to league 1. I live on the Wirral and therefore pay attention to Tranmere Rovers, they cope at that level and had a very good team out on Tuesday. I think that sums it up really. But Tranmere is also founded on bringing youth players through, so money isn't everything all the time. That said they sold their best player to Bayern Munich this summer.

Warren

Suppose we are not efficient because the players cannot perform any better.

Suppose Pope cannot score the goals.

Suppose midfield players lose their man instead of closing down

Suppose defenders fail to concentrate at dead ball situations

Many people will say ' you get what you pay for '

I believe 100% that M.A. is not happy at the cash available to him and last season would have had his say. This season he was jobless and we offered him a THREE YEAR deal.

No wonder he accepted. Money or no money. Have said previously, his answers are already there for him :

1 / Need time to develop youth

2 / What do you expect with no money to spend

Do we sack him and pay him off ? He cannot lose.

Guest fitzgerald_pvfc

Refering to the title;

Well, Vale fans did drive away a 20-goal a season striker Leon Constantine and a leader who was missed at the end of last season in Tommy Fraser.

A loan player has come in from Rangers - he was on their bench and he is prepared to come down from a club with 40,000 gates and in Europe to play for the Vale. So any argument about putting off loan signings doesn't hold water now and it didn't last season either - we were awash with them. For a player it is about opportunity. Little has come to get games and people protesting against the board but not against the team isn't going to deter him.

They let him go because they had been knocked out of Europe. I doubt if thier tax dispute has any bearing on it either.

yes vale fans are...I heard a couple of guys saying that Thomlinson was an awful keeper, and Martin was worse. When personally I feel they are not the best in the league but they are more than capable of playing at a higher standard

Archived