onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are Vale fans that thick??

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

For me, this is not about the board, for now. It's about 11 players underachieving on the pitch, and a tacticly naieve manager who is probably distracted by off field matters. I've never been a fan of Adams, or most of the current squad of players (who we've basically had for three years). They have the ability, but no balls. Adam's excuses are running very thin. I'm not going down the Vale and it's got nothing to do with B+G or SEO, it's because we have a set up of under achieving toss pots. And I've had enough!

More money buys better players true. But we are not doing as well as we should be presently because, to use management speak, we are inefficient. That is an operational management problem not a strategic board room level issue in the present moment. I accept that the board need to bring in more money asap.

Here is my argument. Today, 63% possession, 15 shots only 4 on target. Today, 2 goals conceded from outside the box a closing down issue. Losing goal today five minutes into injury time. Today Pope missed an open goal and anyone in the crowd looks more likely to score than him. Past issues, starting too slowly, losing goals at set pieces, keeper dodgy on crosses and letting goals in centrally.

Just doing better with what we have will garnish more points and loan players are not the answer unless there is suddenly a lot more money and we can get 5 higher league level players in who will significantly improve the team.

Listening to P and G ive heard one woman saying Micky should have brought in 3 or 4 on deadline day and now ive heard a guy saying he needs to go into the loan market.

We have no money for this!!

Do people understand why we have been protesting since xmas?

The mind boggles.

:yes: agree! I wonder how some people get through the day I really do.

For me, this is not about the board, for now. It's about 11 players underachieving on the pitch, and a tacticly naieve manager who is probably distracted by off field matters. I've never been a fan of Adams, or most of the current squad of players (who we've basically had for three years). They have the ability, but no balls. Adam's excuses are running very thin. I'm not going down the Vale and it's got nothing to do with B+G or SEO, it's because we have a set up of under achieving toss pots. And I've had enough!

How is he distracted by off field matters? he gets paid a very good salary to be professional and get on the job it was his choice to join the board,the only off field matters that should be concerning him are how his players are behaving

Perhaps my last post was a bit unfair. On another thread it is pointed out that Vale had three kicked off the Wimbledon line and hit the post first half. If that is the case then its off to church, face Mecca or visit the wailing wall or start meditating to help us get more lucky.

I overheard Bratt making condescending comments with regards to fellow shareholders and "fans" at a recent AGM in the corridor, I was disgusted tbh.

Come on then don't keep what you overheard to your self spill the bean's.Show him up for what he is.

How is he distracted by off field matters? he gets paid a very good salary to be professional and get on the job it was his choice to join the board,the only off field matters that should be concerning him are how his players are behaving

Absolutely, he should... but look at the board's statement, the bit about unrest putting off loan signings. Who do you think wrote that bit? So long as he is on the board it is inevitable he will be distracted by off field matters. He shouldn't be on the board. Don't like the bloke, never did (check back), one trick pony. He can prove me wrong with results. But that's not happening.

Absolutely, he should... but look at the board's statement, the bit about unrest putting off loan signings. Who do you think wrote that bit? So long as he is on the board it is inevitable he will be distracted by off field matters. He shouldn't be on the board. Don't like the bloke, never did (check back), one trick pony. He can prove me wrong with results. But that's not happening.

The board occurs at say 7.30pm. Training occurs at say 9.30am and maybe after lunch. A game is played at 3pm at weekends and there won't be a board meeting when an evening game is on. I don't get at all how an intelligent man will compromise his coaching at training or decision making during games by being on the board. Every person alive has multi faceted issues to deal with.

The boards statement is just further evidence of Olivers poisonous hand,the reason loanees don't come is a) monies no good and b)no guarantee of a starting place

Results are key for any Club regardless of how many chances created during a game - the last 3 results for us have been bad and "mickey the messiah" is going to get the pressure no matter which way u spin it. He went into the season with a squad to small in numbers and weak on quality in order to "tow the line" with his fellow V2001 board collegues. The lady on P+g was quite right to make the point that its only taken a couple of injuries to "key" players and we are screwed. Looking at forthcoming games we are in for a hard time imho.:(

MA needs to forget the financial constraints and face the fact that we need 3 or 4 loan players in quick regardless of the impact on the wage bill ( sell Richards to fund additions if neccessary, hes a passenger anyway).

The other major factor is we need a Goally soon - those we have aint up to the job - how many have we let in todate and its only Early september (best bet on the coupon to concede a goal).

You dont need a black and gold scarf and a protest banner to spot the squad issues that have only taken 4 or 5 weeks to surface. Thought some of u posters on here said these players were fit (fit for what ?? ) - the treatment room must be like an NHS walk in centre on a satday night!:yes:

The board occurs at say 7.30pm. Training occurs at say 9.30am and maybe after lunch. A game is played at 3pm at weekends and there won't be a board meeting when an evening game is on. I don't get at all how an intelligent man will compromise his coaching at training or decision making during games by being on the board. Every person alive has multi faceted issues to deal with.

Is it that simple? I'm already thinking about what I've got to do end of next week. It's not so easy to have an on/off switch. Now I could well be wrong and Adams could be above this. But let's judge it on performances, and so far not so good.

The boards statement is just further evidence of Olivers poisonous hand,the reason loanees don't come is a) monies no good and b)no guarantee of a starting place

You can blame Oliver, the board, lack of investment etc. Fine. All I'm saying is that with the players and management struture we have in place now, neglecting all this admittedly important stuff you mention, we should still be doing a lot better.

A loan player has come in from Rangers - he was on their bench and he is prepared to come down from a club with 40,000 gates and in Europe to play for the Vale. So any argument about putting off loan signings doesn't hold water now and it didn't last season either - we were awash with them. For a player it is about opportunity. Little has come to get games and people protesting against the board but not against the team isn't going to deter him.

Archived