onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread : Port Vale v Oxford United

Fosse69

Pre-match, match, and post match comments please.

Opinions from the Charlton game vary from glass half full, glass half empty, to glass empty. But we are still in a PO position, a win against Oxford could keep us in a PO position going into the FA Cup irrespective of the Bolton outcome. So hopefully, as I usually say, players back from injury and lessons learnt, should ensure a win.

Advert

We need to play wingers on the wing and TWO strikers up front, especially as we are at home. My team would be:

Alnwick

Mac-Intosh Streete Smith Knops

Mbamba(?) Grant Taveres Kelly

Patterson Jones

This is assuming that Foley is still unfit. I would also have no problem with Amoros for Tavares, however I only think PT has looked poor because he has no outlet going forward. Even better if Thomas and Forrestter are fit and I'd have them in place of Mbamba and Patto

I'm 99% sure it will be the same formation and personnel but I wonder if trying 3.5.2 would be a better way to go, particularly if we're still missing Forrester & Thomas, though hopefully Foley will be back.

Steete, Smith and Knops looks balanced in the centre

Purkiss and Hart as wing backs. Both could do that job. Purkiss' attacking ability edges out MacIntosch although the latter was good last night.

A midfield three of Grant, Foley + DeFreitas/Amoros I'd go for, before Tavares.

And then two up top. My choice would be Cecilia and Jones but two bodies of whatever description would surely help us to look a bit more potent and not toothless.

On paper I would argue that this formation better suits our current players.

Depends who is fit really.

We were dire last night but missing 4 big players for us and that's always difficult. See De Freitas was back on the bench too who looked decent in his few apps so far.

Missing Thomas massively... if he is fit and Foley I'd fancy a far better performance.

Tavares is getting battered the past few weeks but he has no one to find.. the forward movement is zero so all he can do is go sideways as we only seem able to penetrate down the flanks.

I thought Kelly did ok too last night, he has been castigated a bit since last season but to be fair he can be a match winner and has the ability to produce something special (Cov goal, Bury goal etc) is he really that bad? Offers more goals than any actual winger we currently have.

We need to play wingers on the wing and TWO strikers up front, especially as we are at home. My team would be:

Alnwick

Mac-Intosh Streete Smith Knops

Mbamba(?) Grant Taveres Kelly

Patterson Jones

This is assuming that Foley is still unfit. I would also have no problem with Amoros for Tavares, however I only think PT has looked poor because he has no outlet going forward. Even better if Thomas and Forrestter are fit and I'd have them in place of Mbamba and Patto

People might not agree but if we are going 2 up top then i would go with that Celia woman and Jones,he isn't the best but celia will certainly cause problems

Archived