onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flashback 10 years

Twitters

Advert

We had a man who took advantage of the right manager being in place to lead the club into glory years.

Who then sacked him and look where we are now. Don't look back on <ovf censored> with rose tinted glasses Twitters - we're better off without him.

We'd just be even better off if the current board disappeared.

In February 1995 Wigan played their first match under new owner Dave Whelan. They were up against one of the most successful Rugby League teams in the country.

That must have been an interesting first match..which rules did they play by..Association Football, Rugby League or a combination of the two?:ohmy::unsure::razz::D

Dont forget Stoke fans hounded Coates and Humphreys out in favour of the Icelandic consortium. Coates built up his bet365 empire and when the Icelandics floundered went back in,backed the club and manager sensibly and the rest, as they say, is history. Given the massve gulf between ex-premier and ex-league one clubs in the championship nowadays with parachute payments et al, to get into the premiership with Vale would require a) massive investment b) a long term plan to get there as it wouldnt happen overnight and c) pots of luck.

Watched by a crowd of 4925, heading into administration, in a season that ended with Bell out Horton out protests. Happy days. I like to be optimistic, but I think we don't have the potential support, possess a self-destructive streak, and no investor whose been anywhere near VP has the cash of a Whelan or Al-Fayed needed to get in the Prem.

Whelan is alleged to be worth 125m.

MC is reported to have a net worth of 65m.

I would say that we had a chance and blew it.

Whelan was worth an estimated 60m when he took over at Wigan Tone.

I watched a documentary on him a few months back.

Like you say, we had our chance and blew it.

Guest thecharlatans
Its funny how you have no comeback to Twitters post other than sarcasm.......the truth hurts.===

not really, i just wondered what kind of person creates a new thread and post like this at 7 o'clock in the morning. had it been playing on his mind all night? did he lose sleep over it and couldn't wait to get it off his chest? did he have a nightmare about Micky Cummins? did Brian Horton knock on his door in the middle of the night?

Mo Chaudry's stash is mostly illiquid (property), Whelan's is cash. Plus Whelan probably wouldn't have enough now. I wasn't making any kind of dig at Mo Chaudry by the way. And we should be better than where we are now regardless (look at Rochdale and Bury for flips sake).

not really, i just wondered what kind of person creates a new thread and post like this at 7 o'clock in the morning.

You didn't ask him what kind of person he is?

had it been playing on his mind all night?

Doubt it

did he lose sleep over it and couldn't wait to get it off his chest?

Again.....

did he have a nightmare about Micky Cummins?

Unlikely

did Brian Horton knock on his door in the middle of the night?

Now come on.....Brian is far too busy for that

Archived