onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

So why did Perry leave?

Jacko51

Advert

We are a bigger club than Shrewsbury.

We've had a better history than them regardless of Rudge, they were only elected to the FL in 1950.

Everyone spends more money on players than us :D

Yes we are but what really matters is what happens in the here and now

Perry Deakin is getting brownie points for his work at Vale. What I can't understand is why he is here. His CV shows he has had spells in commercial roles at Wolves, Birmingham, Derby (all bigger clubs than Vale) and also at a First Class Cricket County, Northants CCC. So why, if he is such a successful guy in his field, has he left jobs at high profile clubs like those and ended up walking into a League Two club in turmoil? It doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone explain, please?

One possibility is that some people are very pro-active with their careers, they move around 'til they find a position they're happy with. Likelihood is that he will move on from Vale if he hasn't found his niche here.

What are you talking about, Reagle Beagle is referring to an earlier post about Deakin selling the naming rights for 25k...

But has he? I thought he had just offered them for £25,000pa rather than actually sold them - hence my comment.

Guest thecharlatans
a bit like 1.2million would have been 1.2million more than we have.....oh well

a bit like 10 grand and mo choudry

When you take into consideration how much his salary is plus his mate Bedding then I guess the money he brings in will be eaten pretty quickly in salaries

Why, how much are they both on? You must know to make that comment.

The club were critised for having no commercial department. No department = no salary = no income.

Now we havea department, which is what we all wanted, you can't criticise them for drawing a salary. Who would work for free (apart from Mr Bratt for the first couple of years)?

For gods sake, get off the blokes back and give him a fair chance, seems to be doing a good job to me and bringing in new money that has been missing for the last ten years. Perhaps he will leave vale after only a season or two, but lets face it who can blame him, he could bring in the biggest sponsorship deal in history and certain people on this site will still question his motives......MUPPETS.

For gods sake, get off the blokes back and give him a fair chance, seems to be doing a good job to me and bringing in new money that has been missing for the last ten years. Perhaps he will leave vale after only a season or two, but lets face it who can blame him, he could bring in the biggest sponsorship deal in history and certain people on this site will still question his motives......MUPPETS.

Personally I have never questioned his motives, he's a paid employee after the best deal for himself first.

I have questioned the deals he has signed and if commercially they make sense, are we not able to ask such fair questions any more....KERMIT

Archived