onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

So why did Perry leave?

Jacko51

I think you will find our largest single investment was RW £250k

compare that to an investment of 1.2million shows just how big the deal was.

Do you have an issue with keeping up with facts ?

EDIT

Our largest LOAN is the 2.3million signed by V2001

All loans have to be re-paid, and all creditors will have different rules & interest levels of payment, this is only my opinion so dont hang me for it but i honestly think that this is where VALE would have been in far BIGGER trouble than it is now when it came to re-paying the loans given by a certain so-called investor...........VALE FOREVER..

Advert

So Ruislip to summarise your views, to date PD has not achieved an awfull lot [ mind you hes quite new to the role ]

Im happy enough to give him time, next years accounts will be the real time to judge the guy, jumping up and saying he is either doing a good job or bad job based on what you have mentioned is way to premature.

I do think he needs to work on his charismatic charm [ or lack of it ]

All loans have to be re-paid, and all creditors will have different rules & interest levels of payment, this is only my opinion so dont hang me for it but i honestly think that this is where VALE would have been in far BIGGER trouble than it is now when it came to re-paying the loans given by a certain so-called investor...........VALE FOREVER..

but you admit 1.2million share purchase is a massive investment ?

So Ruislip to summarise your views, to date PD has not achieved an awfull lot [ mind you hes quite new to the role ]

Im happy enough to give him time, next years accounts will be the real time to judge the guy, jumping up and saying he is either doing a good job or bad job based on what you have mentioned is way to premature.

I do think he needs to work on his charismatic charm [ or lack of it ]

I too, am withholding judgement on his performance. I don't know enough about current football economics to comment on whether the deals we've got are good or bad, but when we were all banging on about what a terrible CEO Bratt was, things that cropped up recurrently were lack of stand sponsorship, lack of ground sponsorship and lack of signings. Since his arrival, Deakin has addressed these concerns.

I think it's way to early to be passing judgement one way or the other.

But to look at your list.....

• Attended meetings with fans and fan groups - Good that we have a CEO that is prepared to communicate with fans, but it's only down to our CEO that we treat this as something exceptional, when it should be the norm.
  • Got potential investors to an advanced stage of negotiation in what will be the biggest investment Port Vale has ever received - We think it will bem but until we know the details that's guesswork. Plus Mike Lloyd needs credit too.
  • Continued Vales support of Donna Louise Trust and Macmillan Hospice - Again, that should be the norm but it is good that we do.
  • Attracted Greene King to sponsor the Bycars End - Yes which is good, but this is part of his job description so I'd be worried if he wasn't.
  • Attracted Elior to sponsor the Railway Paddock and Stand - Yes which is good, but this is part of his job description so I'd be worried if he wasn't.
  • Secured pouring rights and catering deals - We had deals like this before, we won't know until next year if they are better than the previous ones we had.
  • Used club initiatives to counter SEO - cheap season tickets, half price entry etc. You may think it's underhanded, but to be fair to the guy, crowds haven't fallen by as much as we all thought. - I don't believe they are underhand but Accrington was 20% down on the 2nd home game of last season. Overall, the attendances for home fans for the first two games of this season are 14% lower than last season. That's a significant drop. Season ticket sales are down 10% (based on the Sentinel figure of 3400 sold and Mike Lloyd saying sales are 400 down on last season) which is lost revenue of up to £230k. That's a massive drop.
  • Partnering with the NHS to improve health awareness and help us not turn into Lardies - We were doing that long before he arrived. The NHS two years ago were back of shirt sponsors.
  • Signed several players, most of whom looked promising in pre-season games - That's Micky Adams's doing not his.

In fact, I notice we only have one kit sponsor instead of the usual 3. So we're failing there as well. That's 50k of lost revenue.

Sorry, I forgot to respond to this Twitters. Thanks for an honest appraisal of the points. On the whole, you're saying that he's doing what's expected of him. For a guy new to the role (never been CEO before) and with no guidance from a predecessor or colleague, I think "doing what's expected" is a good start.

With reference to SEO and attendances, it's a crying shame that our club is in this kind of turmoil. The previous board should look at this as their legacy, a club divided where supporters are turning on fellow supporters. The point I was trying to make is that at the end of last season and throughout the summer, the impression I was getting was that there was half the fanbase willing to not turn up at Vale Park. That the number of season tickets sold numbered in the hundreds, not the thousands. That the board wouldn't be able to afford to stay until the end of June, never mind the end of August. I was therefore somewhat surprised at the lack of conviction a lot of the 2000 season ticket pledges for SEO.

Totally agree, but just think that he would want at least that amount back plus the interest & loan repayments,......that is what worries me.

If MC & MS were both to purchase 24.9% = 1.2 Million in new shares.

How would MC be able to saddle the club with massive loan repayments if he only had 24.9% ?

Mark Sims would have 24.9% & the supporters club would also have 24.9% this would ensure no loans could be forced onto the club without everyone being in agreement about the intended repayment rate.

If MC & MS were both to purchase 24.9% = 1.2 Million in new shares.

How would MC be able to saddle the club with massive loan repayments if he only had 24.9% ?

Mark Sims would have 24.9% & the supporters club would also have 24.9% this would ensure no loans could be forced onto the club without everyone being in agreement about the intended repayment rate.

Because out of the £5 million he was investing, apart from the £1.2 million to purchase the shares the rest of the money was just loans, surely this did'nt change when Mark Simms name was thrown into the eqaution.

Because out of the £5 million he was investing, apart from the £1.2 million to purchase the shares the rest of the money was just loans, surely this did'nt change when Mark Simms name was thrown into the eqaution.

Adavale,

V2001 have relied on LOANS for the last 8 years.

The LOANS would have been interest free DIRECTORS LOANS.

They would be repaid at a later date when the club was making a profit.

The important part of any loan is the interest rate/repayment terms which is where Mark Sims & the Supporters Club would have a say if they each had 24.9%.

Adavale,

V2001 have relied on LOANS for the last 8 years.

The LOANS would have been interest free DIRECTORS LOANS.

They would be repaid at a later date when the club was making a profit.

The important part of any loan is the interest rate/repayment terms which is where Mark Sims & the Supporters Club would have a say if they each had 24.9%.

O.K

Archived