onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Open letter to some of the Vale fans at Bury today.

mr.hobblesworth

I haven't been to a game for nearly 18 months and haven't commented on football matters for some considerable time, although I did appear to defend myself several weeks ago to defend myself against some idiot who chose to attack me despite not having posted for months. This sort of vile behaviour does not make me feel any urge to go to matches again or drink in the pre match pubs. Great respect to the poster for having the guts to stand up for the young lad in a crowded tram. Well done . If only more decent people did things like this more families and new supporters might be attracted to games. What they have done is a criminal offence. Point them out to police and stewards and GET RID.

But these decent "heros" are the ones that get stabbed, beat up for saying something. Is it worth it? Really? Im sure my wife and kids would prefer their husband/ dad, to go home in one piece. And no, im not a coward, I've probably just got sense.

Advert

But these decent "heros" are the ones that get stabbed, beat up for saying something. Is it worth it? Really? Im sure my wife and kids would prefer their husband/ dad, to go home in one piece. And no, im not a coward, I've probably just got sense.

A lot of decent people may be put off going at all.

If by any chance these scum of degenerate intelligence can read, please keep away from Peterborough, we have a diverse populace of Asians and Polish, it is a fine Cathedral city of peace and tranquility where all live together in harmony, I'm a native of Burslem but East Anglia is now my home of which I am very proud, I don't want to be going into work on Monday next embarrassed and shamed by reading about Vale fans who have brought also shame to Port Vale and the city of Stoke on Trent, do us all a favour and stay at home if that is your mission to cause hateful trouble, I would wish that these excuses for humans could be found and prosecuted or jailed, in the meantime I hope we can all get over the shock of that defeat and hopefully a convincing victory will give me bragging rights next week, Ill now get me coat.

They wont go Peterborough, some will go Bristol Rovers, and a lot of them will defo go Bolton.

They won't be there next week. It got to me when you see youths openly inciting trouble when let's face it Bury merely had a few kids with a drum.

Why some then just want to slash in the sinks rather than queue was just beyond me.

Yesterday I went with the other half and sat on the right side of the goal. People standing up and arriving late caused all the trouble. Then the police came in to eject the supporter. At this point we moved to the top left corner just to get away from it. One Vale fan who came in late was arguing with people on the front row and his mate was trying to drag him away. That was 10 minutes in so no surprise to see the police grabbing him 10 mins after halftime. Some people just don't learn and have no consideration for others.

It's not kids only though as I went the toilet a man in his mid forties in front of me shouted use the sinks if there's a queue.

I wonder if he does that at home !!

I attended a game with a friend, a Championship game between two teams I have no affiliation with. I sat in the away end, surrounded by the supporters of a southern team (not that that's relevant).

I was staggered at the contrast between fans of this team and Vale fans. They were loud, yes. They were drinking, yes. They were enjoying themselves, despite the catastrophic result in a crucial game for their team.

However, there was no aggression, violence, or discrimination in any form. Going to the toilet or for a drink at half time is, in my view, an intimidating experience. I couldn't believe how much more calm, relaxed and enjoyable the experience was amongst these other fans. It opened my eyes that football fans don't have this God-given right to get leathered and cause problems simply because they're at the football.

I've had numerous bad experiences at away games before, sometimes due to me being an idiot with a big mouth who has to say something to these ******. I thought it was part and parcel of supporting a football team. The game described above changed my view. Vale have a serious problem, proportionally, and its good that these threads are created to highlight that away-day experiences should be a thing to savour, not a thing to dread.

Sorry for the rant.

When you saw that young Asian lad on the tram and decided to make comments about him having a bomb strapped to him or having guns in his pocket, did you think you were being really funny or clever? When I challenged you, you were quite cowardly and started claiming that you were talking about me. That was a bit pathetic, wasn't it? And when the old man with you started talking about me being part of the PC brigade, did he understand how horrible it was to target a kid who was just on his way in to Manchester on a Saturday afternoon? Did he see how that young that lad felt whilst you were making your wanky comments? Did you or your thick-as-pig-**** friends consider for one moment how stuff like that could impact on an innocent person?

When you decided to start singing songs about paedophiles, and chanting obscene words on the tram, did you care that all around you were people who were just travelling back to their homes from Bury? Did you see the young children who felt intimidated by you and your friends or the young children who were forced to listen to your horrible songs? Have you ever considered how to behave appropriately in public? The elderly lady who was sat next to me with her grandchildren really didn't want her loved ones to have to listen to your foul language.

I ******* hate some Vale fans sometimes.

Well done for sticking up for the lad. We have some truly disgusting fans, remember a very similar incident on the train back from Notts county a few years ago. Would put money on it being the same lowlife.

A few years ago I was with my late Dad in the Lorne Street. He took me to my first game when I was two and I'm sixty five now. For many years the shouting from fans was all good humour that made people laugh but things started to change. I spent the first half of a home game listening to foul mouthed racist abuse of opposition players. Two police men were standing just behind them and did nothing. At half time I asked them if they were going to just stand there and do nothing. They then approached the men and told them if they continued the would eject them. They remained quiet for the second half. In my view they should have been arrested.

How many families are being put off following the Vale by these people. The people who sit and support the team but are put off by foul songs, and abuse and racism. They quietly vote with their feet and don't go.

It's not a case of being a coward or being a hero. No one (with even moderate intelligence) would criticise someone for not wanting to stand up to a bunch of thugs for the reasons you gave, but it shouldn't stop people,respecting those that do.

Personally I'd like to see the club trying to address this problem as it appears to becoming more of a problem for the big/local games and will cost the club in the future with excessive police bills for home games and proper fans staying away, it amazed me yesterday just how aggressive some so called fans were, falling out/fighting fellow fans, drunk out there skulls and generally showing no consideration for other people(home & away), we had probably 1000 fans who acted as proper fans/human beings but about 100 idiots who should be banned or asked to go elsewhere!

Anybody ideas how as a club we solve this problem in future?

Personally I'd like to see the club trying to address this problem as it appears to becoming more of a problem for the big/local games and will cost the club in the future with excessive police bills for home games and proper fans staying away, it amazed me yesterday just how aggressive some so called fans were, falling out/fighting fellow fans, drunk out there skulls and generally showing no consideration for other people(home & away), we had probably 1000 fans who acted as proper fans/human beings but about 100 idiots who should be banned or asked to go elsewhere!

Anybody ideas how as a club we solve this problem in future?

There is the draconian way, which I hope we are nowhere near yet, whereby photocards are needed to buy tickets for away games, and shown at the away turnstiles. Any trouble and individuals cards are cancelled. But then the majority suffer inconvenience due to the actions of a relative few.

Archived