onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

When will this all end?

Emile

I actually stopped attending matches three seasons ago, after working for the club and realizing how unprofessional it was being run. Before this, I was a season ticket holder for 8 seasons, and regularly attended away games.

My thoughts were, that If I joined up to SEO, that we would be able to force the boards hand, and Mo would be able to come in and invest into the club and we could move forwards.

Well that didnt happen, Mo isnt going to invest in anymore. Bratt has gone, ML is now chairman, and Glenn wont leave. So when do we all go back to the club?

I can't actually see myself ever being able to attend a home game again. If Glenn and Bratt resign, and with Mike's help, we source two new directors who invest the 50k, does this mean we can abandon SEO? Because if this is the case, it doesnt really leave the club in a better way at all. Especially as the only way Bratt and Glenn will leave is by someone buying there shares off them, so we wont even get the cash for the share's sold.

I just dont know whether its worth me just giving up on the club Ive grown up on. Ive run out of faith.

Advert

It all ended on June 1st for me. I will not be going back this season and will wait to see what develops for next season. The only reason i won't be demanding my money back for my shares is, they were bought for me as a christmas presant by my sister, otherwise like Melv i would demand recompense as they were sold under false pretenses.

I mean, is there actually going to be a solution here that we can look at and say 'ok, im satisfied now. I can go back to spending my hard earned money at this club'?

I doubt there is anyone alive who could broker a deal where 'everyone' connected with the club is 'satisfied'.

People are either very very entrenched one way or the other, or can't be bothered either way so long as the team is winning.

Others will attend simply because that's 'what they do', irrespective of who is in the boardroom.

Our best bet is a compromise whereby the majority of all factions are reasonably satisfied but just how we get to that point is the 64,000,000 Dollar question (Perhaps the 64,000,000 'Dollars' is part of the solution!).

I want something to happen !! so I can start attending again,I want Oliver out and I am stubborn enough to wait all season if that is what it takes,but this should not be happening and those who led us into S E O need to lead us out and quick or else it will all fall apart .

I am getting very annoyed with all this.

the problem seems to be exactly that Valiantman. It seems badly organised, certainly seems underlined by the concept of 'the blind leading the blind'

No doubt Twitters will come and argue against anyone who doesn't believe SEO is working or the right way to go.

We shall see in time, only time will tell.

Amongst other things it should be noted that man rarely stops at the appropriate point; he always tends to over react. He passes from hope to fear, from an excess of trust to an excess of suspicion; he is exalted by success and downcast by failure.

Vilfredo Pareto 1897

Quite straight forward really.

SEO= giving the club no money (nil £'s) until the current Board have gone. Bratt is still there, as is Oliver as is Mike Lloyd.

But SEO is a personal decision and for those fans who attend games, that's fine as for those who continue to SEO, well that's fine also and no fan should be criticised for either choice.

Do SEO even know what they want? because if not they had better decide quickly before there is no longer a Port Vale to see

Not quite right there, I'm afraid. I'm SEO , I'm not going and am not likely to for a good while. If there is no longer a Vale it wont hit me as hard as it will hit those who are still going as I wont be losing anything (I have already lost it and accepted the fact). Therefore it is those who are still going who have got to act fast and make a decision as Armageddon is looming.

Starve the *******s out.

Archived