onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"Should I stay or Should I go now?"

Stone Valiant

it saddens me to say i'm finding more and more things to do away from vale park it gets easier by the day for me to stay away

after 12 months or more of banging my head against the wall attending protests, marches and meetings it's becoming boring and predictable this board have destroyed the club

at the moment i can see no end to the situation

bratt has committed the ultimate sin passing on control to a ****ing walsall fan, ****er

Advert

Without wishing to get involved in this private argument ;) I think everyone has to accept that change will not occur overnight and sometimes you can't have/get everything that you want straightaway - unless your name's Pennant:)

We should be pleased with the progress made in recent months even though it's frustrating to see the composition of the board currently.

I await the Board's response - hopefully they will meet Sims halfway and suggest some changes to allow us to move forward.

Without wishing to get involved in this private argument ;) I think everyone has to accept that change will not occur overnight and sometimes you can't have/get everything that you want straightaway - unless your name's Pennant:)

We should be pleased with the progress made in recent months even though it's frustrating to see the composition of the board currently.

I await the Board's response - hopefully they will meet Sims halfway and suggest some changes to allow us to move forward.

The Sage = The voice of reason.

it saddens me to say i'm finding more and more things to do away from vale park it gets easier by the day for me to stay away

after 12 months or more of banging my head against the wall attending protests, marches and meetings it's becoming boring and predictable this board have destroyed the club

at the moment i can see no end to the situation

bratt has committed the ultimate sin passing on control to a ****ing walsall fan, ****er

I agree and I will be spending all my weekends away in Wales from now on, no more protesting, enough is enough, these cowboys have killed our club and eventually everyone will realise it!===

Let's hope so. We simply cannot afford to keep losing home support - currently around 4,100 average.

Thanks for your detailed and seemingly quite angry reply. I take on board your points and agreed, the main plus would be that offers of investment would be listended to and maybe acted upon. I think the issue is that currently there doesnt seem to be any investment on the table unless Mo comes back - sorry, I have mentioned him again. The basic point at the start of this was that Sims said he would join the board if his due dilligence found nothing wrong. I am afraid he now seems to have moved the goalposts in a manner similar to how the board have done many times.

I think unfortunately that the strength of your reply (to somebody who effectively holds exactly the same views as yourself) highlights the problem with the current campaign for change and its seeming loss of momentum. The hardcore are alienating people who are basically on the same side....:ninja:

*sigh*

Not angry, that's your interpretation. These are words on a page and come with no body language or voice intonation for you to judge anger upon! Quite relaxed in fact, quiet day at work!

And if you knew me anywhere near as well as others on this site, you wouldn't have written your last paragraph. it just sounds now like you are having a pop to defend your point rather than providing substantiated debate with facts and evidence.

I doubt I am someone "who effectively holds exactly the same views as yourself", otherwise we would not be debating different views about Mark Sims and his point of view. Have you ever spoken to him personally or got to know him. I have, which is why I can pointedly make the statements I have made.

I most certainly don't class myself as "hardcore" (I wait others opinions) and as others will profess on here from all sides of the spectrum, I most certainly do not "alienate". I think you are misreading the situation!

*sigh*

Not angry, that's your interpretation. These are words on a page and come with no body language or voice intonation for you to judge anger upon! Quite relaxed in fact, quiet day at work!

And if you knew me anywhere near as well as others on this site, you wouldn't have written your last paragraph. it just sounds now like you are having a pop to defend your point rather than providing substantiated debate with facts and evidence.

I doubt I am someone "who effectively holds exactly the same views as yourself", otherwise we would not be debating different views about Mark Sims and his point of view. Have you ever spoken to him personally or got to know him. I have, which is why I can pointedly make the statements I have made.

I most certainly don't class myself as "hardcore" (I wait others opinions) and as others will profess on here from all sides of the spectrum, I most certainly do not "alienate". I think you are misreading the situation!

Another sigh....

This is a bit of a daft argument we have gotten ourselves into. Maybe i have misread the situation as I have only just got back to the UK after 2 years living in the far east. On the other hand, maybe being detached from the situation enables you to see it more clearly and basically? However, the tone of your post (and many, many other users on this site) will have the effect of alienating some folk whether you like it or not. I do believe i hold exactly the same opinion as you on the basic issue - we would like change and ideally the old board to be 100% removed.

The change movement has acheived a lot already and maybe now the time has come for the harcore (whether you term yourself as one or not) along with everyone else, (including Sims) needs to start pulling together. The change movement does not represent 100% of Vale fans, therefore you cannot expect 100% change in a short time.....

Right, end of argument. Better do some work.

Another sigh....

This is a bit of a daft argument we have gotten ourselves into. Maybe i have misread the situation as I have only just got back to the UK after 2 years living in the far east. On the other hand, maybe being detached from the situation enables you to see it more clearly and basically? However, the tone of your post (and many, many other users on this site) will have the effect of alienating some folk whether you like it or not. I do believe i hold exactly the same opinion as you on the basic issue - we would like change and ideally the old board to be 100% removed.

The change movement has acheived a lot already and maybe now the time has come for the harcore (whether you term yourself as one or not) along with everyone else, (including Sims) needs to start pulling together. The change movement does not represent 100% of Vale fans, therefore you cannot expect 100% change in a short time.....

Right, end of argument. Better do some work.

It isnt 100 % of Vale "fans" that have to do anything , just the 2.

therefore you cannot expect 100% change in a short time

I dont want change

I want what the orginal ethos of V2001 is all about, what people bought shares to support, why so many backed V2001

It seems like the only ones who have wanted to change things overnight are the board

As much as I want change I think you are overestimating the split in the fanbase. Judging by the respective attendences of the protest and the match on saturday I am afraid there are not as many staunch anti-board people as you'd like to think.

I disagree

I went last night (free ticket) and around where I was sitting every single person was moaning about the board and not a single person stuck up for them

It restored my belief that most fans want them gone

I disagree

I went last night (free ticket) and around where I was sitting every single person was moaning about the board and not a single person stuck up for them

It restored my belief that most fans want them gone

I think that common belief among the fans.........Thats why the Club arranged for spammers to go on Facebook and Twitter to discourage people from joining last weeks PRO-CHANGE march with threats of violence. And trying to discredit it calling it the SEO march.....By the way i personally am still SEOer........No games at home for me while Bratt and Oliver are in the Boardroom.

Archived