onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"Should I stay or Should I go now?"

Stone Valiant

Enjoy your fantasy but it wont happen. This club has no chance until the fans are united, and there is no chance of that until Bratt AND Oliver go.

As much as I want change I think you are overestimating the split in the fanbase. Judging by the respective attendences of the protest and the match on saturday I am afraid there are not as many staunch anti-board people as you'd like to think.

And be honest, if Sims and an NLV rep are on the board along with BB and GO, do you really think it will be much different than Sims, NLV, Mike Lloyd and either GO or BB? I don't. It will be more transparent maybe, a little more organised maybe but I think some folk have got that caught up into the anti-board sentiment that they think as soon as GO and BB leave, miracles will start happening in Burslem.

Advert

I agree with Grebovale. If Sims doesn't join the board then he lets the fans and Robbie down. Lots has changed already, with Sims on board plus a fans representative, then whether the majority of this board agree or not, that would seem to be a roughly fair representation of the fan base currently.

Sims must put up or shut up quite simply, if he walks away then nothing much will have changed. If he joins the board then I think at that point everyone else - SEO etc, must then start to back the team and the club again.

There is no magic wand, don't count on Mo coming back in shining armour. However, if Sims joins then we will have a 4 man board, none of whom have a lot of money to invest but hopefully we could go forward in a more transparent manner with a better business plan for the future.

If MS decides not to join the board he lets no one down, not the fans, shareholders or RW.... its his decision... he should, in my opinion, factor in the risk to himself... if its too risky stay out.

Even if he decides to join it doesnt affect SeO principles.

No one has mentioned Mo

The present board have had eight years to develop a business plan so its all down to MS..... they have had eight years to be open and transparent so its all down to MS.... they have had months to try to unite the fans so its down to MS...... thats a big ask of any one... especially as he has to hope for a split decision AND that the chair votes with him... lets not forget his own business interests, his personal life, other interests, family matters, attending games, meetings, press calls etc etc god forbid he may also want a social life.

If he decides not to.... respect his decision

As much as I want change I think you are overestimating the split in the fanbase. Judging by the respective attendences of the protest and the match on saturday I am afraid there are not as many staunch anti-board people as you'd like to think.

And be honest, if Sims and an NLV rep are on the board along with BB and GO, do you really think it will be much different than Sims, NLV, Mike Lloyd and either GO or BB? I don't. It will be more transparent maybe, a little more organised maybe but I think some folk have got that caught up into the anti-board sentiment that they think as soon as GO and BB leave, miracles will start happening in Burslem.

And you are making a massive assumption that the only people who are anti-board were on the March (c.500) and that all those who attended the game are pro-board(c.5000)

I'm afraid you math is flawed as a lot of anti board, the majority in fact, did not attend the march as they either did not attend the game or did not attend the march due to intimidation. The there is the matter that many of the poeple in the ground for the game are anti-board, You want proof, those who are anti-board but attended the game just on OVF, say "Aye!"

I think you will find that there are far more anti-board than you believe.

This board throws NDA's out left, right and centre, they constatly look to block and censor all infomration about them and the club and slam MS for making any statement to the press, even if it is to say very little at all. Where is the boards open statements about changes they have made since the EGM? Where is there statement about the inaccuracies found in their statement on Nantwich Town!

No-one expects miracles overnight, but they do expect more professionalism and an actual business plan for the future! that in itself would be a mairacle from the current board!

If MS decides not to join the board he lets no one down, not the fans, shareholders or RW.... its his decision... he should, in my opinion, factor in the risk to himself... if its too risky stay out.

Even if he decides to join it doesnt affect SeO principles.

No one has mentioned Mo

The present board have had eight years to develop a business plan so its all down to MS..... they have had eight years to be open and transparent so its all down to MS.... they have had months to try to unite the fans so its down to MS...... thats a big ask of any one... especially as he has to hope for a split decision AND that the chair votes with him... lets not forget his own business interests, his personal life, other interests, family matters, attending games, meetings, press calls etc etc god forbid he may also want a social life.

If he decides not to.... respect his decision

Written far better than my response :clap:

In answer....

I think Sims will let people down - he originally said he would join the board providing there is nothing disasterous in the books and he is not taking personal liability for a financial mess. It would seem after his due dilligence there is nothing especially untoward, therefore he should join the board as he said he would.

I don't have any doubt that bringing in an NLV rep and Sims would have a significant benefit in many areas - communication, organisation, professionalism, transparency etc. What it will not do however is significantly change the finance of the club - we will still have no money, will not be able to afford new players and will be unlikely to move forward on the pitch quickly.

And of course, I agree there were many people in the ground on saturday who are anti board and many not on the march that are anti board. My point is that those people are not nearly as vociferous as many of the people who take over this board. You get a false impression of the strength of feeling from this board - there are a number of hardcore extremists, however, there seem to be a much larger number of people who are not happy but will still attend the games and will continue to enjoy a game of footy on a saturday afternoon.

I believe if Mo was still visibly still waiting in the wings then that could be a game changer - if he comes on board then there could be significant changes wholesale to the club. However, I personally doubt he will come back, I think he is a beaten man. I hope I am wrong.

I agree with Grebovale. If Sims doesn't join the board then he lets the fans and Robbie down. Lots has changed already, with Sims on board plus a fans representative, then whether the majority of this board agree or not, that would seem to be a roughly fair representation of the fan base currently.

Sims must put up or shut up quite simply, if he walks away then nothing much will have changed. If he joins the board then I think at that point everyone else - SEO etc, must then start to back the team and the club again.

There is no magic wand, don't count on Mo coming back in shining armour. However, if Sims joins then we will have a 4 man board, none of whom have a lot of money to invest but hopefully we could go forward in a more transparent manner with a better business plan for the future.

All very easy to say from your armchair and without knowing what information MS has been allowed to see, if any at all, and what the implications of that information are to MS re personal guarantees etc. If MS doesn't join the board it should send out a very strong message to shareholders and fans alike that all isn't as Perry Deakin is tryin to spin it as being.

As for Fred and the deadline setting, I understand it is the club that agreed to todays deadline if what I have read and seen is to be believed.

In answer....

I think Sims will let people down - he originally said he would join the board providing there is nothing disasterous in the books and he is not taking personal liability for a financial mess. It would seem after his due dilligence there is nothing especially untoward, therefore he should join the board as he said he would.

I don't have any doubt that bringing in an NLV rep and Sims would have a significant benefit in many areas - communication, organisation, professionalism, transparency etc. What it will not do however is significantly change the finance of the club - we will still have no money, will not be able to afford new players and will be unlikely to move forward on the pitch quickly.

And of course, I agree there were many people in the ground on saturday who are anti board and many not on the march that are anti board. My point is that those people are not nearly as vociferous as many of the people who take over this board. You get a false impression of the strength of feeling from this board - there are a number of hardcore extremists, however, there seem to be a much larger number of people who are not happy but will still attend the games and will continue to enjoy a game of footy on a saturday afternoon.

I believe if Mo was still visibly still waiting in the wings then that could be a game changer - if he comes on board then there could be significant changes wholesale to the club. However, I personally doubt he will come back, I think he is a beaten man. I hope I am wrong.

Again very easy for you to say when we all have no idea of what Mark Simm's due diligence has revealed and how much of the neccesary requested information has been given to him. I wager he has been given very limited information, to suit the board, and make his decision a difficult one and then reflect badly on him if he turns it down with Perry spinning it without giving the full facts, he seems to be getting very good at this.

In answer....

Let me take each of you paragraphs in turn...

You've answered your own question there. Simply put, BB & GO ARE a financial liability, and to join a business where they have a say would be fraught with danger

Well it would because it would mean for a start that we are prepared to give potential investors an opportunity at running our club without bklanking them or turning them away because of personal agendas. It would open the doors for real investment and change the financial fortunes of the club. this would all bring an impact to the areas where you claim there would be no change. I'm sorry, but you are blatantly wrong there!

I think you will find many of them are on this board quite frequently, e.g. Twitters (Sorry to use you as an example again), MarkB2. I would love to enjoy my match on a Saturday, but stop trying to bring this around to whether you watch the match or not. Whether you do or not does not change a common body of thought amongst a significant number of fans, arguably a mojority, that want the current board removed!

I wondered how long it would take somene to bring Mo in this. Roll out the old quotes and adages! :rolleyes: Mo is one of many who have attempted to invest in this club over the last 8 years and have been rudely and incorrectly turned away for the wrong reasons. With a change in leadership at the Vale to one that is more open to talk, negotiation and professional business thought, ANY OF THEM could come back and make a renewed offer!

I think when we all read these different posts on here - all from Vale fans - you begin to realise how difficult the situation is.

There has to be a middle way. Rome wasn't built in a day and I can see the reasons why having Sims on board would perhaps help a bit but as MC and MN before said, we don't want to be re-arranging deckchairs on the Titanic but bringing about real significant change for the better and the ones who have prevented that and turned away investor after investor have the initials BB and GO, as far as I can tell.

They must be prepared to 'give' a bit on this one and allow change to take place. We have had no sign of progress whatsoever in the past few years, only a bigger debt and a poorer team. Surely they can recognise their limitations and let someone else try and have a go.

Is it believable that every single investor who has approached the Club over the past few years is unsuitable?

Let me take each of you paragraphs in turn...

You've answered your own question there. Simply put, BB & GO ARE a financial liability, and to join a business where they have a say would be fraught with danger

Well it would because it would mean for a start that we are prepared to give potential investors an opportunity at running our club without bklanking them or turning them away because of personal agendas. It would open the doors for real investment and change the financial fortunes of the club. this would all bring an impact to the areas where you claim there would be no change. I'm sorry, but you are blatantly wrong there!

I think you will find many of them are on this board quite frequently, e.g. Twitters (Sorry to use you as an example again), MarkB2. I would love to enjoy my match on a Saturday, but stop trying to bring this around to whether you watch the match or not. Whether you do or not does not change a common body of thought amongst a significant number of fans, arguably a mojority, that want the current board removed!

I wondered how long it would take somene to bring Mo in this. Roll out the old quotes and adages! :rolleyes: Mo is one of many who have attempted to invest in this club over the last 8 years and have been rudely and incorrectly turned away for the wrong reasons. With a change in leadership at the Vale to one that is more open to talk, negotiation and professional business thought, ANY OF THEM could come back and make a renewed offer!

Thanks for your detailed and seemingly quite angry reply. I take on board your points and agreed, the main plus would be that offers of investment would be listended to and maybe acted upon. I think the issue is that currently there doesnt seem to be any investment on the table unless Mo comes back - sorry, I have mentioned him again. The basic point at the start of this was that Sims said he would join the board if his due dilligence found nothing wrong. I am afraid he now seems to have moved the goalposts in a manner similar to how the board have done many times.

I think unfortunately that the strength of your reply (to somebody who effectively holds exactly the same views as yourself) highlights the problem with the current campaign for change and its seeming loss of momentum. The hardcore are alienating people who are basically on the same side....:ninja:

No. As i understand it Sims will join the board if 2 of them resign. Therefore I assume he has found nothing in the books to be scared of.

I assume he has seen a big cash black hole and does not trust working with GO and BB to wok away around fixing the massive cash black hole

Archived