onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"Should I stay or Should I go now?"

Stone Valiant

Advert

Guest potalot1
Do you live in a bubble(and you are not the only one) I wouldnt like you to spend my money:(

I wouldnt just "spend it" as you put it.

That would be disrespectful to you. I might however invest it, use it wisely and make you a tidy profit though ! but thats just me in my bubble approach i guess.

Rubbish,

Anyone remember Tim Foster ?

By your reckoning he was sitting in the corner doing nothing was he ?

Simms just needs to get in the boat and start to row....As a team member.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics2000/rowing_and_water_sports/937079.stm

WTF has that got to do with Port Vale and Mark Sims having to deal with the likes of Bill Bratt & Glenn Oliver???

Absolutely nothing, but to try and expand your anology, it is flawed in one major area...it is not Mark Sims that would prevent the unit working as a team, it is BB and GO. Imagine if Sir Stephen Regrave and Co were the type of people to tell Tim Foster, "No need to row once you get in the boat, we'll take it from here, you're just here to make up the numbers and make the team seem legitimate"

For you to even compare Sir Stephen Redgrave to the like of Glenn Oliver is laughable!!! :rollonthefloor:

That would be disrespectful to you. I might however invest it, use it wisely and make you a tidy profit though ! but thats just me in my bubble approach i guess.

That makes you exactly the opposite to the Vale board then, who will use your share purchase funds, invest it unwisely and turn it into losses, making your initial investment practically worthless and devalue it as a %age value against the club by selling more worthless shares to other people who are misguided enough to believe they can make a change with such a small amount.

And you honestly think that is what Bill Bratt & Glenn Oliver would do?

You are saying you would not want a say, you would trust them to take your money and do something with it when previous occurences of mis-management and bad financial management are clocking up all the time? e.g. Tricell, year on year of losses, Non-payment of services to Nantwich Town, Coucil Loan taken and yet areas of the Lorne Street are STILL incomplete, convictions for the misselling of insurance, etc, etc, etc!

These men are financially incompetent and I would not trust them with my daughter's piggy bank!

Well said and if Mark Sims was privy to the info he requested may be he would do the same.:yes:

The words football club and profit do not spring to mind as being connected - not even in the premier league...but even if there was a possibility, I think you have a seriously misplaced faith in Messrs Bratt and Oliver doing anything other than throwing money into a black hole, while keeping control of what they see as their own little toy.

Your rowing analogy begs an important question - if two of the crew had decided before the start that they were happy finishing last or next to last in the race, so there was no point in trying, then one person putting in loads of effort would have absolutely no real effect - and they would feel it was a total waste of effort....

Have i missed something? Is Mo going to knock down Vale Park in place of a rowing lake? ;)

No, just knock down VP, build houses on it and move the club to Festival Park (back of Waterworld) - according to some people recently.

Are they mad? Even Bell costed that option, and to move to Festival Park would have cost £3m more than to develop VP - and this in the late 80s. Probably double that now.

The land at VP is next to worthless; it's an old marl hole, riddled with mineshafts - oh and there's a football ground on it that would need to be demolished. They can't even sell the old Victoria Ground site, cleared and ready to be developed, right next to the D Road.

Archived