onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"Should I stay or Should I go now?"

Stone Valiant

So today is decision day. The day that Mark Sims has requested a response by from Bill Bratt & Glenn Oliver to announce they will be standing down. Are we expecting anything other than silence, a non-response?

So here are some questions:

1. If BB & GO do not respond, what do people think will happen next?

2. If Bratt steps down but GO does not, which is possible, would it be right for Mark Sims to still step up as a director?

3. If, surprisingly, they do step down, what next?

My thoughts are we will get either a 1 or 2 scenario. I think there is a chance that Bill Bratt will step down from the board knowing the club could have a viable operation. I don't for one minute think that Glenn Oliver will!

But if Bratt steops down and Mark does step up and there is agreement that his additional benefactor can come on board, then Mark has to step up. Oliver will be left isolated in the boardroom, nothing but a figurehead for his own shares!

I look forward to hearing something...but doubt that we will. I hope I'm wrong!

P.S. lets keep this a sensible debate and not talk about any protest groups or movements, just talk about what the OP states :please:

Advert

So today is decision day. The day that Mark Sims has requested a response by from Bill Bratt & Glenn Oliver to announce they will be standing down. Are we expecting anything other than silence, a non-response?

2. If Bratt steps down but GO does not, which is possible, would it be right for Mark Sims to still step up as a director?

My thoughts are we will get either a 1 or 2 scenario. I think there is a chance that Bill Bratt will step down from the board knowing the club could have a viable operation. I don't for one minute think that Glenn Oliver will!

But if Bratt steops down and Mark does step up and there is agreement that his additional benefactor can come on board, then Mark has to step up. Oliver will be left isolated in the boardroom, nothing but a figurehead for his own shares!

P.S. lets keep this a sensible debate and not talk about any protest groups or movements, just talk about what the OP states :please:

1. To be expected....carry on as was.

2. Yes, Lloyd will not always go with Oliver, so the sides will be evenly matched.

3. Place an Interim in and try and find new investors and owners.

My view which is well know on here,Mark was voted on the board by the shareholders with ROBBIE sponsoring him,if Mark can get rid of BB and the scrot GO so be it if he carnt he should still take up the post or he is letting down 70% of the shareholders and ROBBIE,I know most wont agree with me but how many do ..don't be scared to post, am sure ADMIN will protect you..:D:D ..... and how many shareholders are there on here who agree? ..Just nipping down the shops be back in a min .. I HOPE ..:unsure::unsure::unsure:

A magnanmous and indeed surprising gesture from Bratt would be to step down and sponsor the NLV board candidate.

I know there is more likely to be ice cream van in the middle of the sun but I think that would be very acceptable and would isolate GO completely.

But Mark Sims can say yes or no today as he wanted a answer for today

I think it will be complete silence, followed by a comment from Deakin next week about confidentiality clauses blah blah.

Personally I think he should take it on and fight from the inside or the last few months will have been for nothing.===

I think they will go as soon as there is an investor or investors to purchase their shares, having said that, it would not suprise me if Mark Sims as already agreed to purchase their shares, as part of the agreement for BB and GO to stand down, which would leave the door open for Mark to invite genuine investors into the club.

But Mark Sims can give his answer today of yes or no as he requested today as the deadline

My view which is well know on here,Mark was voted on the board by the shareholders with ROBBIE sponsoring him,if Mark can get rid of BB and the scrot GO so be it if he carnt he should still take up the post or he is letting down 70% of the shareholders and ROBBIE,I know most wont agree with me but how many do ..don't be scared to post, am sure ADMIN will protect you..:D:D ..... and how many shareholders are there on here who agree? ..Just nipping down the shops be back in a min .. I HOPE ..:unsure::unsure::unsure:

The problem is I imagine is that Mark like most of us want major changes, changes the others won't want which will be the stumbling block in taking our club forward!:(

Archived