onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bill Lodey

The spite and bile shown by some posters is unbelievable towards a man who has served the club loyally and well in a vital job for many years. Best wishes Bill, I hope you enjoy your retirement and freedom from this miserable lot who call themselves Supporters.

I base my opinion on what I thought of him when I actually went to meet him and spoke to him.

Advert

Remember him when he was just a supporter like the rest of us in the early 70s , he used sit at the front of the away coach selling crisps and pop which all went to raise money for the club, only ever spoken to him once ,it was 3 years ago when we wanted to bury my brothers ashes at the vale, the bloke couldn't help us enough , very professional as was mr speed ,

The spite and bile shown by some posters is unbelievable towards a man who has served the club loyally and well in a vital job for many years. Best wishes Bill, I hope you enjoy your retirement and freedom from this miserable lot who call themselves Supporters.

No spite or bile in my post, just the truth. The man has presided over a lot of wrongdoings that he was party too, nil paid shares and illegal remortgaging of the ground being just two. As Company Secretary he was party to that. The man rose from a supporter to thinking he was above the law. One of the lasting memories I will have of Lodey is when he was told where the Sproson statue was going and he said over his dead body as he lost his parking space. He and Bratt did their best to try and scupper the statue being erected where it now is. Good riddance.

Mate used to work with Speedy as part of the old YTS scheme around 1987. Let's just say he won't be sending Lodey an Xmas card. Along with Kev Jones who recently did the floodlight work, who said the Club will never move with the times and the ability to maximise profits and exposure until Lodey goes.

Never forget Colchester away the first Season back in L1. Smurf had arranged with Jimmy to open Tommys up early so we could have a drink and put money into the club. Lodey found out and immediate threatened to report them to the Licensing Authority.

Believe he fell out with Smurf.

Mate used to work with Speedy as part of the old YTS scheme around 1987. Let's just say he won't be sending Lodey an Xmas card. Along with Kev Jones who recently did the floodlight work, who said the Club will never move with the times and the ability to maximise profits and exposure until Lodey goes.

Never forget Colchester away the first Season back in L1. Smurf had arranged with Jimmy to open Tommys up early so we could have a drink and put money into the club. Lodey found out and immediate threatened to report them to the Licensing Authority.

Believe he fell out with Smurf.

They don't get on mate.

Happy retirement Bill, in all said and done I can only speak as I find and don't like to follow the 'sheep' but in my dealings with Bill he was very professional in doing his job from supporter to ground manager to secretary he has a wealth of knowledge of how the football club and the admin side works, when I lost my Dad in February who was a supporter for over 80 years he came up to me and said they were going to do a piece with a photograph in the next game programme, I didn't ask! he just offered!! which I found very touching that he would think of us.

Whatever your dealings with Bill or your assumptions he does have Vale at heart

Good Luck Bill enjoy your retirement!!

Happy retirement Bill, in all said and done I can only speak as I find and don't like to follow the 'sheep' but in my dealings with Bill he was very professional in doing his job from supporter to ground manager to secretary he has a wealth of knowledge of how the football club and the admin side works, when I lost my Dad in February who was a supporter for over 80 years he came up to me and said they were going to do a piece with a photograph in the next game programme, I didn't ask! he just offered!! which I found very touching that he would think of us.

Whatever your dealings with Bill or your assumptions he does have Vale at heart

Good Luck Bill enjoy your retirement!!

Good luck? Good riddance.

You've got a short memory. He treated the fans like ***** doing the Bratt regime.

**** off.

Personally I completely agree.

Do you honestly think Lodey was oblivious to the dealings of Bratt, Oliver, Lloyd, Deakin, Miller, Jackson etc? You think the nil-paid shares, the Gibraltar mortage, the lies the above spat out on a daily basis was done without the assistance of Lodey?

The man was club secretary during two administrations. Enough said.

Along with Melv, I welcome the opportunity to show him my 'thanks' for everything he's done at a game in the near future.

Edit: I've just remembered a bit in Chris Kamara's book in which Kamara describes Lodey's attitude when Kamara was racially abused at a Vale game, and subsequently lodged a complaint with the Vale. Tells you everything you need to know about the man.

Do you honestly think Lodey was oblivious to the dealings of Bratt, Oliver, Lloyd, Deakin, Miller, Jackson etc? You think the nil-paid shares, the Gibraltar mortage, the lies the above spat out on a daily basis was done without the assistance of Lodey?

The man was club secretary during two administrations. Enough said.

Along with Melv, I welcome the opportunity to show him my 'thanks' for everything he's done at a game in the near future.

Edit: I've just remembered a bit in Chris Kamara's book in which Kamara describes Lodey's attitude when Kamara was racially abused at a Vale game, and subsequently lodged a complaint with the Vale. Tells you everything you need to know about the man.

Racially abused at Vale surely not! I don't know anything of that as I've never read the planks book, surely the police would have been his first port of call if it did happen?

I've known the man for 30 years and speak as I find, he's a generous and professional man who helped a family friend and a lifelong vale fan at a very, very emotional time and nothing was too much trouble.

It would be interesting to establish how those people who have been personally hateful to him on this thread spoke to him to get the responses they have received as I don't recognise the man of which they speak but a couple have always had axes to grind. I can well imagine like most of us if he was spoken to in a less than courtious manner he would respond accordingly as he clearly isn't a person that suffers fools.

He was an employee of v2001 in all its guises and although I haven't spoken to him for quite a while know he wouldn't waste urine on any of them if they went up in flames. Has he faced any charges or action regarding his role?

I speak as I find, if others hate that's their choice, for me I always try to look for the good in people, in some cases I give up admittedly but life's too short.

Archived