onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinel barred from press conference

blackdog

Depends how you 'told' him I guess.

Personally I quite like Martin, I did my work experience with him at Smith Davis Press years ago and stood and did the bucket collections with him and his two daughters when we went into admin so although I would never claim to be a friend he at least unlike most of the others at the Sentinel does care about the club.

Personal grudges in a professional environment are a little cringeworthy all the same and a few people want their noggins banging together.

The information is out there. Martin may well be a vale fan but his and the rest of the sentinels negative reporting does not help the club. I advised people not to buy the sentinel and his response was to block me.

They dislike Norman, and so are constantly negative towards the club. Norman is well within his rights not to allow them in and I support his decision.

Advert

The information is out there. Martin may well be a vale fan but his and the rest of the sentinels negative reporting does not help the club. I advised people not to buy the sentinel and his response was to block me.

They dislike Norman, and so are constantly negative towards the club. Norman is well within his rights not to allow them in and I support his decision.

Can you give some examples of the Sentinel's negative reporting??

This kind of attitude from smurf doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it's typical of the bloke and highlights why I'm so worried about the future of the club under his stewardship. People supporting this decision are naïve and short sighted at best. Let's believe what Smurf has said and the Sentinel have printed lies about him. The sentinel aren't going to disappear, they've been here since before the Vale were even formed, so they'll still report on the Vale, regardless. That being the case would you want someone who lies about you, to hear it from the horses mouth in future, or would you have them picking up bits of information from elsewhere (and then criticise them for it)? Would you not want an organisation that can influence public opinion, on side, rather than against you?

This is just another act from Smurf that is childish, petulant and potentially damaging to the club. It's absolutely pathetic, and anyone that supports his stance seriously lacks intelligence. It's not really hard to understand how a positive relationship with the sentinel is beneficial.

If I'm reading this correctly - it seems that the Chairman has "banned" MB from attending and NOT "The Sentinel"?

Whatever has happened between MB and NS , it will be VERY difficult to "forgive and forget" and for the 2 of them to work together and since the Chairman isn't going anywhere, IF the Sentinel want to attend the Press Conference...what's stopping them sending another Journalist instead of MB?

I agree with RobF - Port Vale HAS to find a way of working with ALL the local media channels in order to leverage our cause for support and community "buy-in" to al that Vale stands for. The answer is to remove MB and NS from the situation - Vale to handle ALL media via their Media / Marketing Spokesperson and for the Sentinel to appoint another journalist and for them both to "play nicely" together. Let's make a fresh new start and get the Vale earning some positive mind-share across ALL the media channels available to us.

I was wondering when someone was going to get back to the actual facts of the statement.

Clearly Norman has a gripe with MB and may or may not be justified ( truth is that in reality none of us usually get peed off with someone for no reason at all) so to move forward both parties need to talk. If vale have a PR department then they need to speak to someone at the Sentinel to ascertain whether or not their man has acted inappropriately. If the didnt then he need to advise Norman that it's his actions that are the issue. In the meantime, like the man says apparently the Sentinel were not excluded just MB, so send someone else while you are sorting this petty squabble out.

Simples

I was wondering when someone was going to get back to the actual facts of the statement.

Clearly Norman has a gripe with MB and may or may not be justified ( truth is that in reality none of us usually get peed off with someone for no reason at all) so to move forward both parties need to talk. If vale have a PR department then they need to speak to someone at the Sentinel to ascertain whether or not their man has acted inappropriately. If the didnt then he need to advise Norman that it's his actions that are the issue. In the meantime, like the man says apparently the Sentinel were not excluded just MB, so send someone else while you are sorting this petty squabble out.

Simples

Incorrect. Smurf has said on many occasions on twitter that he likes MB. It's Tideswell and Smurf that don't get on, dating back a few years. You've read too much into the statement and come to the wrong conclusion, the Sentinel, including MB, are banned from the press conference.

Incorrect. Smurf has said on many occasions on twitter that he likes MB. It's Tideswell and Smurf that don't get on, dating back a few years. You've read too much into the statement and come to the wrong conclusion, the Sentinel, including MB, are banned from the press conference.

If it's Tideswell that's causing the problems then I'm not entirely surprised. Arrogant little ****.

It was on twitter a week or so ago. Smurf said something along the lines of, I like MB even though he's a Stoke fan. He's deleted the tweet since and a few others relating to Tideswell. Tideswell was mentioned in a few posts regarding Smurfs comments and mentioned that he can't see them, to which Smurf said that Tideswell had blocked him years ago.

Archived