onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chairman on Signal

Advert

Rude buffoon. What on earth is the point of slagging off Mike Baggaley?

I agree with you. I saw him have a right go at Baggers on Twitter the other night. The blokes an absolute *****.

I spoke to a player yesterday and he said him and al the others haven't got a good word to say about him at all.

I'm really disliking him more each day he opens his mouth.

If he does not agree with what he writes he can't say so??

I don't like it how he picks arguments with a sentinel and vale reporter. It just doesn't look good and very amateur is in my opinion.

He should have more important things to be doing rather than this.

I'm not sure many other football league chairmen do the same with local press.

Not an easy man to work for, but it is results that matter. He wants to take a risk based on a special opportunity, but details are not clear yet, and has a back-up plan with 2 other managers. I assume by now all 3 will be aware of his character and find it acceptable and someone they can work with. So an eventful period at the Vale continues, will we be happy at Xmas?

He's just so mean-spirited. Uncalled for and unpleasant little jibes at Page and Baggaley, his pathetic and belittling scheme (if true) to get rid of Page and the squad players, his persistent self-regarding commenting on himself. Might be a good business man but, as a human being, he sucks.

You would think that as he's talking about page.....

You would think that as he's talking about page.....

Not really. I liked Rob Page and thought he was a good young promising manager. Of course, some on here translate that as being a 'Page lover' which is just stupid. Also, I don't know MArtin Baggaley from Adam and don't live in the area so don't take The Sentinel but my annoyance is also with the way Smurthwaite referred to him.

My issue with the Signal interview and the previous tweets about purposely driving RP and most players away by offering a miniscule budget is that it just comes across as vindictive and mean-spirited. I said in another thread that NS was, in reality, playing games with people's careers (if what he now claims is true, something that I doubt). You may not like Birchall (for example) but to use his future at the club as some pawn in a pathetic game is utterly classless.

No he didn't. NS actually admits that MB was correct in his original assertion.

No need whatsoever for a chairman of a football club to so needlessly pick fights with a lead reporter in the local press. Antagonistic and pig-headed.

By his business background he probably has not had much to do with the press, but as a league chairman he can either put the club in a good light, respond to critics objectively or leave it to an agent. However he enjoys the spotlight and dialogue with fans.

By his business background he probably has not had much to do with the press, but as a league chairman he can either put the club in a good light, respond to critics objectively or leave it to an agent. However he enjoys the spotlight and dialogue with fans.

I don't see what your point is? He doesn't do any of those things. He just makes us look petty, amateurish and lacking of class.

Archived