onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

SEO is Working

NLVMalc

Advert

My friend and I live in Congleton, are both shareholders and now former season ticket holders. We made the decision at the end of last season that neither of us would return to the Vale whilst the present incumbents remain in power. We have both become sad and disillusioned that key investment has been repeatedly ignored or turned away whilst at the same time the club have been allowed to spiral into the basement of league football with seemingly little hope of escape.

On Saturday, my friend went to watch Macclesfield whilst I stayed at home and did the gardening with my ear to the Radio Stoke commentary. The fact we managed to salvage a draw against league newcomers Crawley Town says it all!

Neither of us have demonstrated or signed up to Black & Gold or SEO and I feel there are probably many more like us. We both regularly sat in the Railway Stand behind Old Sage and his boys and although I haven't always agreed with his views I respect him for his passion and love of our club.

I have no doubt that my friend and I will some day return to Vale Park but it won't happen until there is a regime change and we start to look like a proper professional football club.

A postman i know has told me that there are at least 6 where he works who haven't renewed and they also have no ties to B&G or SEO,so i agree,those who keep laughing saying it's only those few on the march are very deluded as many more stayed at home.

our attendance on Saturday was about 20% bigger than our average attendance from 2 seasons ago, but even with this, of course the board want starve em out to finish. Why would they willingly want to lose out on money and be presented with an angry mob every match?

Starve em out is only working in holding the club back. It hasn't, isn't and wont ever have enough impact to remove the board, only future playing budgets will be affected (plus more supporter hatred towards you).

Getting almost 6000 fans there says all you need to know about starve em out considering the finish we had to last season.

Also, given that we sold 3,500 season tickets yet Saturdays attendance was 5,889, is anybody going to design an advert in the sentinel with a revised list of those that pledged to Starve em Out yet still attended on Saturday? Even if it is just a poster put up in the window of a carpet shop along Hamil Road?

Why would there be supporter hatred? Very uneducated statement imho.

SEO is here to stay, and of course it will damage the club, but its not those who are boycotting the club who are to blame, its the board members who remain when unwanted who are completely to blame, so I suggest you take all of your bottled up hatred and pent upp agression and direct it towards those who are causing the trouble, and that is neither those who choose to attend or those who choose to boycott.

Guest thecharlatans
A postman i know has told me that there are at least 6 where he works who haven't renewed and they also have no ties to B&G or SEO,so i agree,those who keep laughing saying it's only those few on the march are very deluded as many more stayed at home.

All is not lost then because my next door neighbour has a cousin who has a friend who managed to persuade 3 people to purchase season tickets for his family and 2 of his friends (previous Stoke fans) will now go to 90% of home matches paying full whack as well.

6,000 were at Vale Park on Saturday (Business as usual some might say) and the rest of you got heckled. Up to you if you want to attend but it will not be the end of the club or board if you never go again

The thing you have to remember is a lot of people are saying that we will get a true picture of the attendance during games against the likes of Accrington, Southend, ect. However, don't forget if there is any truth in the suggestion that free season tickets were given away as part of sponsorship packages, then gates will always appear higher than the true figure, so don't expect a massive drop.

All is not lost then because my next door neighbour has a cousin who has a friend who managed to persuade 3 people to purchase season tickets for his family and 2 of his friends (previous Stoke fans) will now go to 90% of home matches paying full whack as well.

6,000 were at Vale Park on Saturday (Business as usual some might say) and the rest of you got heckled. Up to you if you want to attend but it will not be the end of the club or board if you never go again

Keep taking the tablets, Charlie...although you really should stop pushing the cotton bud in quite so far.

Should be know problem after Wednesday then if Bratt and Oliver resign and Mark Sims steps up to the plate happy days:)

If not we carry on:yes:

What do you think

You make me smile,stoke fans now purchasing Vale tickets:laugh:.I think i love you:wub:

Guest thecharlatans
The thing you have to remember is a lot of people are saying that we will get a true picture of the attendance during games against the likes of Accrington, Southend, ect. However, don't forget if there is any truth in the suggestion that free season tickets were given away as part of sponsorship packages, then gates will always appear higher than the true figure, so don't expect a massive drop.

if there is any truth in Timothaus's rumours, then you'd expect around 100 season tickets in total were included as part of sponsorship packages.

Don't try and paint a different picture to what it is, Saturdays attendance was a disaster for Starve em Out

if there is any truth in Timothaus's rumours, then you'd expect around 100 season tickets in total were included as part of sponsorship packages.

Don't try and paint a different picture to what it is, Saturdays attendance was a disaster for Starve em Out

Saturdays attendance, no matter which way you wish to paint it, was not a disaster for SEO, it was a disaster for the club, and the club alone. Unless you find it acceptable for long term fans to become disenfranchised with the club of course. The loss of 1, 10, 100, 1000, the numbers are irrelevant. And that's what people are forgetting, instead of criticising, people should be asking why. Why is this happening? Why is this being allowed to happen, and what can be done to reverse it? However, it seems to some it is a game of "one upmanship" now, rather than what is actually best for Port Vale.

600 fans DOWN!!!!!! on the same opening fixture last year V chesterfield Charleyboy 600!!!!! they brought the same amount of away support as chesterfield did last year helllloooo we had 6444 gate so where are the missing 600 fans then

Lets see the att tomorow against Uddersfield and the Accrington game and then have this discussion.....I know I was,nt there my son, my Dad, my Daughter and a lot of others I know personall who were,nt there multiply that with how many others who we know were,nt there and it all adds up

If we were all singing from the same songsheet like Brighton fans were then imagine what this club could achieve, That club has been on its a***e for so long now amazing what a bit of forward planning, determination, MONEY ambition can do for a club, Shame we are to apethetic to want the same.....well some of us are!!!

Guest thecharlatans
Saturdays attendance, no matter which way you wish to paint it, was not a disaster for SEO, it was a disaster for the club, and the club alone. Unless you find it acceptable for long term fans to become disenfranchised with the club of course. The loss of 1, 10, 100, 1000, the numbers are irrelevant. And that's what people are forgetting, instead of criticising, people should be asking why. Why is this happening? Why is this being allowed to happen, and what can be done to reverse it? However, it seems to some it is a game of "one upmanship" now, rather than what is actually best for Port Vale.

it's all a matter of opinion of course but nobody is forcing you to not go to matches and so the blame can only be placed on yourself. Much of the anti board hysteria has been fabricated from this website and the outcome was Saturday. We wouldn't even be talking about this if we had gained promotion last season, that is the fickle nature of the anti-board movement. We win the next two matches and there will probably be 50 people protesting at the next home match, if we lose there will probably be the same number that were there on Saturday.

The board realise that a number of fans aren't happy at the moment - you not attending isn't going to change that. I'm pretty sure they wont be enjoying being Director's and will be looking for out as soon as somebody suitable comes along. Surely that will be classed as an achievement for you? They are not just going to resign and let the club go into meltdown

Guest thecharlatans
600 fans DOWN!!!!!! on the same opening fixture last year V chesterfield Charleyboy 600!!!!! they brought the same amount of away support as chesterfield did last year helllloooo we had 6444 gate so where are the missing 600 fans then

Lets see the att tomorow against Uddersfield and the Accrington game and then have this discussion.....I know I was,nt there my son, my Dad, my Daughter and a lot of others I know personall who were,nt there multiply that with how many others who we know were,nt there and it all adds up

If we were all singing from the same songsheet like Brighton fans were then imagine what this club could achieve, That club has been on its a***e for so long now amazing what a bit of forward planning, determination, MONEY ambition can do for a club, Shame we are to apethetic to want the same.....well some of us are!!!

600 fans down yes, but there was a wave of optimism surrounding our first home game of the season last year. After last years anti-climax and all the **** spouted on here over the summer, even i was surprised how many people piled through the gates on Saturday. Add on to this we probably sold an extra 1,000 season tickets last year, we will have made more money from Saturday (people paying £20.50) than last years corresponding fixture.

"If we were all singing from the same songsheet" - I think you will find that the majority of people are, it is just 500 people from this website that are hell-bent on derailing the season before it has even started

Archived