onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale v Walsall 'Saddlers following?'

ollyandpatch

After doing shed loads of research it appears our away followings are similar this season. You average 701 we average 691. We have both taken over a thousand on 5 occasions. Generally to the same matches Burton, Cov, Crewe and scumsbury. Our other one was Blackpool and you took a shed load to Wigan when we took about 900. But what did make me chuckle was the fact that you only brought 400 to Walsall. We have never brought such a pitiful amount to vale

The Sunday before Christmas on TV, get real, you would have bought about the same to us.

Advert

Vale have lost there lost home game 2_1 past two seasons .

In the game at the bescot Duffy wrongly had the only goal he has scored chalked off and up until Grants error Vale were as good as Walsall .

If Karma exists Duffy scores from a offside position and one of Walsalk players make a big boo boo

Utv hope Vale fans r turning out for this for the atmosphere alone which should be excellent .

Also Vales first game of the season in 2004 was away at Walsall, and im sure we filled the away end then, when Paynter got sent off for celebrating scoring. Yet, 2 years ago, Walsalls first game of season was Vale away and im sure they only brought about 1k.

Also Vales first game of the season in 2004 was away at Walsall, and im sure we filled the away end then, when Paynter got sent off for celebrating scoring. Yet, 2 years ago, Walsalls first game of season was Vale away and im sure they only brought about 1k.

Vale filled the away end that day and we were also in the side stand, very hot day

After doing shed loads of research it appears our away followings are similar this season. You average 701 we average 691. We have both taken over a thousand on 5 occasions. Generally to the same matches Burton, Cov, Crewe and scumsbury. Our other one was Blackpool and you took a shed load to Wigan when we took about 900. But what did make me chuckle was the fact that you only brought 400 to Walsall. We have never brought such a pitiful amount to vale

You are being very selective there. Firstly you have been top 3 all season, us basically just above mid table - do you think would have taken as many away as us if the roles had been reversed? I remember plenty of disappointing away folowings by you to VP, 400 was low but only for the reasons stated. We watched it on the TV, usually come to Walsall, even the JP game - remember that think we had more there than you that night. Theres one thing for sure, we wouldn't have bought 3k plus to you on Sunday - wouldn't be able to cope with a following like that would you!!

Fair point smithie, but in four decades I don't remember you bringing big numbers to us.surely some Nurd on here will have the figures to prove me right or wrong.

Anyway proper rivals. You hate Stoke and we hate the dingles, but neither of them really care about us.

Branch of IKEA,

You're just a branch of IKEA

Branch of IKEA...

Whereas you would have brought millions to a live televised game with a noon kick off on a Sunday five days before Christmas? 6th April 2014, a Saturday afternoon, 3 pm kick off nice weather, Warsaw above Vale in the league you brought 649. And that's an accurate figure, not an estimate like the 400. We took loads more than that to your dump for a Mickey Mouse cup game on a Tuesday night the season before but you have probably blocked that experience from you memory.

How about a direct comparison. First game of the season, 9th August 2014, Vale 1 Walsall 1. Walsall following 1145. First game of the season 7th August 2004, Walsall 3 Vale 2, Vale following estimated at 2,000 plus. Now even allowing for an overestimate, I seriously doubt that our following for a first day of the season game was anything other than a bloody site more than yours!!

You also have to bear in mind the contrast in facilities available to the discerning away traveller. Do you look forward to a large stand at Vale Park with excellent facilities in the concourse - of course you do? Do you, by contrast, salivate at the prospect of a cramped shed with the smallest tea bar in the world and wellies required in the "facilities"? No, thought not. I haven't missed a Vale game at Walsall since 1972 at Fellowes Park or the Bescot but I have taken the precaution of having my injections before each visit to counteract the risk of ebola virus.

Thanks for the £50K plus you will be putting into our coffers on Sunday - probably ten times as much as you made out of us! ;-)

400 would be the norm away following by Walsall to the Vale.

We have both taken over a thousand on 5 occasions. Generally to the same matches Burton, Cov, Crewe and scumsbury. Our other one was Blackpool

Your trip to Blackpool was on an August Bank Holiday weekend. Our's was the first week of January!!

That's why I love supporting a crap team like Walsall. Got a few Leicester mates who can't get tickets for their game this weekend despite going home and away when they were abysmal. Stupers I take your point about giving people a second chance. But some people don't deserve one. Personally I would have been upset if we had given that ginger numpty a second chance. The family he devestated must of got lots of comfort from him poncing about on a football pitch doing that stupid dance. He deserved a second chance in society, not returning to the massively privelidged life he had before

Why should they just turn up and get tickets, there are 23000 STs, loads of top level members at £100 or £75, they will be there but few others apart from Toffees.

Whereas you would have brought millions to a live televised game with a noon kick off on a Sunday five days before Christmas? 6th April 2014, a Saturday afternoon, 3 pm kick off nice weather, Warsaw above Vale in the league you brought 649. And that's an accurate figure, not an estimate like the 400. We took loads more than that to your dump for a Mickey Mouse cup game on a Tuesday night the season before but you have probably blocked that experience from you memory.

How about a direct comparison. First game of the season, 9th August 2014, Vale 1 Walsall 1. Walsall following 1145. First game of the season 7th August 2004, Walsall 3 Vale 2, Vale following estimated at 2,000 plus. Now even allowing for an overestimate, I seriously doubt that our following for a first day of the season game was anything other than a bloody site more than yours!!

You also have to bear in mind the contrast in facilities available to the discerning away traveller. Do you look forward to a large stand at Vale Park with excellent facilities in the concourse - of course you do? Do you, by contrast, salivate at the prospect of a cramped shed with the smallest tea bar in the world and wellies required in the "facilities"? No, thought not. I haven't missed a Vale game at Walsall since 1972 at Fellowes Park or the Bescot but I have taken the precaution of having my injections before each visit to counteract the risk of ebola virus.

Thanks for the £50K plus you will be putting into our coffers on Sunday - probably ten times as much as you made out of us! ;-)

I agree with pretty much everything in that post aside from the fact your direct comparison stats on two games are split by an incredible 10 year period! That's no real valid comparison at all. How many fans were born and died between those years?

Just changing topic....I see the 'playing Port Vale 1st game of the season jinx' has struck again !!!!

I started a thread a few years ago stating that whoever Vale play first game never end the season in the same division !

Only once in the last 8 years has a team either not gone gone up or escaped relegation.

We can add Crewe to the list !!!!!!

Just changing topic....I see the 'playing Port Vale 1st game of the season jinx' has struck again !!!!

I started a thread a few years ago stating that whoever Vale play first game never end the season in the same division !

Only once in the last 8 years has a team either not gone gone up or escaped relegation.

We can add Crewe to the list !!!!!!

Interesting but I'm not sure what that's got to do with this thread.

"Never"? Hard to prove that without access to data from years back.

It's also worth pointing out that our followings this season compared to yours are more impressive as we've not been in the top three all season like you have.

Smithie.(never knowingly out-argued)

you could change your top 3 to top six couldn't you ?

you could change your top 3 to top six couldn't you ?

My point was they have been in or just outside the top two all season, so their support should reflect that. You can be in sixth spot but a million miles from automatic promotion which would mean rather less interest from casual fans (like about 3000 of their following this Sunday).

Archived