onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ballboy banned for celebrating a goal

ultravaliant

Gosh, yes, years ago you could have a bit of light-hearted banter with a smiling keeper.

It's the same when you are fielding on the boundary in cricket. Better to take it on the chin and laugh/smile than ignore it all and stubbornly show the fans that you are annoyed. It only makes things worse.

The only thing I would add is that these days some fans are very quick to give players vocal stick and what they should do is get behind them and show them a bit of support and sympathy. They are our players after all and don't deliberately make mistakes.

Advert

How provocative can a 9 year old be? And if they went down that line, at 9 years old, he is below the age of criminal responsibility.

Probably turned round and gave them a little wave as your going down also after listening to the paddock boys constantly give them **** who can blame a 9 year old really

I remember my step-son, when he was a ballboy quite some years ago, being told not to celebrate whenever Vale happened to score. In that context, at the Crewe game last Saturday, I actually remarked to my daughter how good it was to see a few of the current crop celebrating like mad when Vale scored; the dude in front of Lorne St with a red hood up was particularly funny. If some away fans were upset by this, then I'd suggest they follow some less passionate sports instead. Ridiculous, if true. If the lad has been banned, for Heaven's sake get him re-instated and tell him to carry on celebrating his own team's goals.

The other week on the way into the paddock I was searched and was also told to take my hat off so he could look inside. Right numptys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally speaking I'd have no issue with such a search request - more so in today's world of uncertainty in public places.

The other week on the way into the paddock I was searched and was also told to take my hat off so he could look inside. Right numptys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apparently these extra searches are a directive from the football league in the light of all the recent terror attacks,

AR didn't Norman make some reference to it at the forum in the week, he was going to investigate and have him reinstated? From this it suggests that it there was more to it than rumour.

Yes it WAS discussed at the meeting with his lordship and he is going to review it.He must reinstate the lad or next Boomer will get banned,god forbid!!!!

Personally speaking I'd have no issue with such a search request - more so in today's world of uncertainty in public places.

It could well be something that everyone will have to get used to, and Id be amazed if everyone was not searched thoroughly at every Euro 2016 game this summer, possibly more than once per game. A shame, but very necessary at large gatherings.

Archived