onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Anyone fancy supporting their football team on Saturday?

fuzzyvalefan

Advert

i will be sitting watching sky sports hoping we win worrying who will provide the cash when the money runs out. this is a far more fundamental issue than whether you choose to attend or not

I shall be standing on the car park wondering how we ever allowed ourselves to be conned by V2001 all those years ago.

For Us All?

Your loss. I'll be outside the Railway Stand watching you walk up Hamil Rd, then watching Vale beat Crawley. I understand what you are trying to achieve, but dont agree with the way you're trying to achieve it. Pity the board wont see sense, step down and avoid all this.

Fundamentally I agree with Fuzzy.

I detest the current way the club is run but I don't think there's a viable takeover bid in place at the moment; maybe Mark Sims can put something together in the future but I can't see involvement from Mo Chaudray being anything but a disaster, sorry but I just don't trust his motivations and his interests lie with Mo Chaudray and not with Port Vale - not too disimilar to the criticisms of the present board.

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for. SEO may well have it's desired effect, ie, bankrupt the club, but that will leave it mega vunerable to a take over on the cheap by someone who could easily asset strip it like **** Knight did at Brighton. Surely it's much better to campaign to bring about a regeime change and encourage someone to buy the club when it's viable? There've been some notable successes so far in bringing about significant changes to the board and we may well see further change in the near future. The 24.9% rule is the biggest blocker, especially as it's been demonstrated that collectively Vale fans don't have enough financial clout to purchase enough shares to oust a board with a marginal shareholding, a rule which has effectively protected them. If Mo had been serious he'd have kept his mouth shut, purchased 24.9% of the shares and then looked to form an alliance with other major shareholders such as Robbie / the supporters club and Rob Lee.

Personally I'll attend the games and hope we're successful whilst still supporting a change in the way the club is owned and operated. I can't see that killing the club financially will bring about anything but its end, as ordinary supporters we've proved we don't have the finances to bring it back from bankruptcy, we'd end up like Stockport.

I detest the current way the club is run but I don't think there's a viable takeover bid in place at the moment; maybe Mark Sims can put something together in the future but I can't see involvement from Mo Chaudray being anything but a disaster, sorry but I just don't trust his motivations and his interests lie with Mo Chaudray and not with Port Vale - not too disimilar to the criticisms of the present board.

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for. SEO may well have it's desired effect, ie, bankrupt the club, but that will leave it mega vunerable to a take over on the cheap by someone who could easily asset strip it like **** Knight did at Brighton. Surely it's much better to campaign to bring about a regeime change and encourage someone to buy the club when it's viable? There've been some notable successes so far in bringing about significant changes to the board and we may well see further change in the near future. The 24.9% rule is the biggest blocker, especially as it's been demonstrated that collectively Vale fans don't have enough financial clout to purchase enough shares to oust a board with a marginal shareholding, a rule which has effectively protected them. If Mo had been serious he'd have kept his mouth shut, purchased 24.9% of the shares and then looked to form an alliance with other major shareholders such as Robbie / the supporters club and Rob Lee.

Personally I'll attend the games and hope we're successful whilst still supporting a change in the way the club is owned and operated. I can't see that killing the club financially will bring about anything but its end, as ordinary supporters we've proved we don't have the finances to bring it back from bankruptcy, we'd end up like Stockport.

SPOT ON!

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for. SEO may well have it's desired effect, ie, bankrupt the club.

Sorry I stopped reading after you wrote that.

You really believe that is the desired effect of SEO don't you?

Unbelievable.

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for. SEO may well have it's desired effect, ie, bankrupt the club, but that will leave it mega vunerable to a take over on the cheap by someone who could easily asset strip it like **** Knight did at Brighton. Surely it's much better to campaign to bring about a regeime change and encourage someone to buy the club when it's viable? There've been some notable successes so far in bringing about significant

changes to the board and we may well see further change in the near future. The 24.9% rule is the biggest blocker, especially as it's been demonstrated that collectively Vale fans don't have enough financial clout to purchase enough shares to oust a board with a marginal shareholding, a rule which has effectively protected them. If Mo had been serious he'd have kept his mouth shut, purchased 24.9% of the shares and then looked to form an alliance with other major shareholders such as Robbie / the supporters club and Rob Lee.

Personally I'll attend the games and hope we're successful whilst still supporting a change in the way the club is owned and operated. I can't see

that killing the club financially will bring about anything but its end, as ordinary supporters we've proved we don't have the finances to bring it back from bankruptcy, we'd end up like Stockport.

The best counter opinion ive seen! Port Vale are not too big to go bump! We need to stick together as a fan base

I for one am getting a bit fed up with Starve Em Out, Black and Gold and all associated movements. Mo Chaudhry was that bothered about owning the club that he wouldn't pay a bit of money to Rob Lee to secure his shares so any belief that Mo was the saviour left me that day. He tried to get the club on the cheap (fair enough) but failed and hasn't been seen since.

The football season begins in 2 days and Vale actually have a chance of doing well- good manager again, a stronger squad than the one that Micky got to the top of the league last year- i'm not saying we're going to go up but i think we will challenge and so do fans of many other clubs. The only people who dont give us a cat in hells chance are some of our so called fans- who will no doubt not be at the match on Saturday.

I am excited about the new football season. After 3 months of rubbish Saturdays I will be at Vale park on Saturday supporting my team- a team who have a chance of doing something this season. While i am not pro-board by any stretch of the imagination, it will be Micky and the players who will suffer by not having the excellent backing we gave them last season.

And one more thing- can we stop turning every post into a 'slag off the board' fest. It is bizarre how topics that have absolutely no relevance to the board turn into a ****** SEO advert. Some people actually want to just watch a bit of football on a Saturday- or am i on my own?

FANTASTIC POST

Archived