onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Anyone fancy supporting their football team on Saturday?

fuzzyvalefan

I for one am sick of this inference that the people who have thrown their heart and soul into the protests are somehow not supporting the club.

Do you seriously think anyone of them, with their combined 11000 years support want to do this? Do you think they want to stand outside when a game is in progress?

They are doing it, in their opinion, for the good of the club. And, having been a major sponsor for a season, and seen the way the club was run, you should be grateful, believe me. And when all the good work comes to fruition, you and others will owe them an engraved apology

Have a word with yourself.

Well said Jase===

Advert

They step down who steps in , NLV have bottled it after starting all this and we still waiting for Mark Simms All i here of him is be patiant how patiant we got be, and Mo say no more

NLV have far from bottled it, we are still working on things.

But for the board to offer a place on the board then a few weeks later say "Oh by the way can we have 50k cash investment from you and one of you guarantee any future losses" came as a bit of a surprise to say the least. And that's both the offer and the 50k request.

I personally have no problem with anyone going to watch the Vale, its your right to support your team how you see fit, I will be jumping for joy when they win today.

At the moment I just don't feel that I want to give my money to a failing board.

I appreciate your comments and I do comprehend the concept - I'm not a numpty. However, I suspect the board would risk going all the way to bankruptcy / administration and all I am advocating is bringing about the desired change without risking killing the club completely or crippling the team even more.

Two words: Fiduciary Responsibilty. Even MA would be liable.

I hope SEO have a good afternoon listening to RS, but for me after a long week at work, I will certainly will be win lose or draw after a couple of beers, that's what football is all about on a Saturday. The only way to get this club from where it is at the minute is on the football pitch. Success = more money simple. Just think back to last season when GR hit the winner against Shrewsbury, over 8000 in VP on a Tuesday night and we went top of the league, did anyone on the way home from that game really care that Bill Bratt was the chairman of Port Vale or was everyone excited like me for the future?

Vale til I die.!!!

I for one am getting a bit fed up with Starve Em Out, Black and Gold and all associated movements. Mo Chaudhry was that bothered about owning the club that he wouldn't pay a bit of money to Rob Lee to secure his shares so any belief that Mo was the saviour left me that day. He tried to get the club on the cheap (fair enough) but failed and hasn't been seen since.

The football season begins in 2 days and Vale actually have a chance of doing well- good manager again, a stronger squad than the one that Micky got to the top of the league last year- i'm not saying we're going to go up but i think we will challenge and so do fans of many other clubs. The only people who dont give us a cat in hells chance are some of our so called fans- who will no doubt not be at the match on Saturday.

I am excited about the new football season. After 3 months of rubbish Saturdays I will be at Vale park on Saturday supporting my team- a team who have a chance of doing something this season. While i am not pro-board by any stretch of the imagination, it will be Micky and the players who will suffer by not having the excellent backing we gave them last season.

And one more thing- can we stop turning every post into a 'slag off the board' fest. It is bizarre how topics that have absolutely no relevance to the board turn into a ****** SEO advert. Some people actually want to just watch a bit of football on a Saturday- or am i on my own?

I want the board gone, but today I will be loud and proud. Will people protesting be singing vale songs? Or anti board songs? I think during the 90 minutes it should only be vale songs, would be a powerful gesture of support to the team, and also showing that you are anti board!

I to am looking forward to todays game, I am anti board but I love watching the vale and so does my boy. Now you can argue the point that I have given the club money through paying for out tickets but I dont care I love the Vale to much.

Now regarding buying food and merchandise I totally agree and the club wont get another penny from me for that, even though my boy is nagging me for the new away top.

Have your marches and your demonstrations but watch the team you love aswell.

i have not renewed my season ticket for the first time in 25 years, merely because the atmosphere at the games last season was dire, the presence of a beirut style police force, and young children being knocked to the ground by local police was shocking. this was not entertainment and not somewhere I would wish to take my children. we are no longer a supporters club or even a family club.

I to am looking forward to todays game, I am anti board but I love watching the vale and so does my boy. Now you can argue the point that I have given the club money through paying for out tickets but I dont care I love the Vale to much.

Now regarding buying food and merchandise I totally agree and the club wont get another penny from me for that, even though my boy is nagging me for the new away top.

Have your marches and your demonstrations but watch the team you love aswell.

That one cuts both ways doesn't it I agree with you with regards supporting the team but why if you say you are anti-board are you not planning to join the March. Surely then you would be registering your opinion of the board.

Archived