onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Daniel out on loan

werstayinup

Advert

Good luck to him at Mansfield, I hope he does well there.

One thing that has been a massive improvement this season is the use of the loan system, especially letting players go to other clubs, we must have loaned more times this season than in the last 5 years. Good for young players to get experience, good for fringe players to keep match fit- credit to Vale as there is often only moaning.

The reason we've loaned so many out is probably because we have something like 32 players in the squad.

He is a good squad player. Against certain teams he can be very effective with his presence in the box and ability to hold the ball up wide. He is inconsistent and I guess has reasonable but not great ability in the rest of his game. In other words he is like many league 1 / 2 players. I can imagine he will do a good job at Mansfield though.

All this talk of him being a good squad player....... He isnt. He is not good enough.

To progress we need game changers. Colin isnt. He is a grafter. A hard worker. But is very limited.

Nothing against the lad but he is league 2 at very best.

The sad fact is he is far from the worst player we have.

6 or 7 others should be worried.

The reason we've loaned so many out is probably because we have something like 32 players in the squad.

I don't think so, I think Bea is right in that even proportionally we have made far more loans than ever before, and there are many other clubs with similar size squads who have not let nearly so many players have a chance to improve their game elsewhere.

Surely it is not so difficult to see that the club have done something creditable and worthy of at least a bit of praise here ??

Its just how you put it thats all, and I dont always agree with those players.

That said Daniel certainly isnt league 1 level

Serious question.

Take into consideration our league position. Hypothetically, if our whole squad was sold right now, which ones would go to a club in a higher league position than ours?

For me, Alnwick, Neal (maybe), O Connor (possibly), Grant, Andoh (unproven gamble), then im struggling.

In fact the more i look at the current squad, the more i think Page is right that we are punching above our weight.

Also, its frightening that the wage budget is about to be slashed, considering the squad we have.

We could be in real trouble next season.

Serious question.

Take into consideration our league position. Hypothetically, if our whole squad was sold right now, which ones would go to a club in a higher league position than ours?

For me, Alnwick, Neal (maybe), O Connor (possibly), Grant, Andoh (unproven gamble), then im struggling.

In fact the more i look at the current squad, the more i think Page is right that we are punching above our weight.

Also, its frightening that the wage budget is about to be slashed, considering the squad we have.

I cant really disagree with your analysis of which players could go to a higher-placed team, though just how much importance should be placed on that is very questionable.

Teams change places, players go in and out of form, - for example - would anyone above Bury sign Tom Pope from Bury at his current wages at the moment ? Yet last summer.... Similarly, again with Tom Pope - 4 goals in dozens of games for Rotherham after a £150k fee paid, shedloads for us ironically including 4 in a dingle game against... Rotherham. Sodje, Constantine.. written off before they joined us. Endless examples.

Having said that, I agree Page is probably getting more out of these players than some managers would and a big budget cut will mean a relegation fight next season, but next season and even the budget are a way off yet, a lot can and will happen before then..... but what you say adds weight to the fact that those who want the manager replaced are living in a seriously deluded dream world.

Serious question.

I'd probably agree with those names you mention. Hopefully with the squad being trimmed down we will go for quality over quantity unlike this season.

Was he good enough ,no he wasn't but all the best to the lad .

Is he any worse than most of our players I'd say no we have to many inconsistent performers .

U get what u pay for and as Vale ain't loaded with loads of money this is what u get .

With a chairman who is constantly threatening lower the players wages what do we really expect .

I just encourage them if they r no good they have live with that not me .

All the best to Colin Daniel ,ineffective 95 per cent of the time but when he played well he looked the business but 3/4 games a season ain't any where near good enough .

I'd probably agree with those names you mention. Hopefully with the squad being trimmed down we will go for quality over quantity unlike this season.

With the so called budget cuts, i'm not sure we can get much quality at all.

In an ideal world the club gets sold to ambitious, wealthy (ish) owners.

If that doesnt happen and bumbling norman is still in charge i only hope he appoints someone (like he said he would) to build the buzz again.

Archived