onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norman had enough

Student of the game

Rubbish!

For starters we're a league higher with at least one promising asset. Norman himself said that commercially we're doing loads better and that the match sponsorship etc is all sold for this season. The crowds are of concern but they're still respectable enough for this league. Better or equal to half the top 6 and with potential to rise. Only 3 years ago we got 5 figure attandances (albeit at a reduced price). Player budget is also concerning but players can be released at the end of their contracts, most of which are up in 6 months.

Not bad at all.

Well we have nothing to worry about then do we. The potential buyers will be beating the door down.

Advert

Why would they be at Vale Park? Presumably they said something to him during the incident?

Why indeed, it wasn't even a match day !! Anyone can walk around, doesn't necessarily mean they were fans, but what I find extremely interesting is that when they are looking at CT cameras for 'troublemakers' they can produce and publish their mugshots, no problem, but can't do it for some 'fans' who attacked the chairman !! Amazing...........

The fact that the guy has to pump in £80000 a month suggests things aren't good off the pitch. That sort of money is a ridiculous amount for anyone to sustain and we can't imagine how stressful things must be for Smurf and his family and it's easy to see why he wants out.

I don't doubt for a moment that propping us up with £80k a month must be painful, and thank God he does.

However.....it would be unusual for this to come as a complete surprise to the owner of any business as big as a football club.

Budgets would /should have been set pre and post-ST sales, just as there would have been no assumption in the budget for FA Cup success

(if there was, that's plain crazy).

History shows that clubs who get promoted have a short-lived bounce effect with attendances - but without further promotions, crowds revert to type.

As long as Smurf does right by us if and when he sells, I think we will owe him huge gratitude.

I wonder what Norm will do if we go on a solid run and end up in the playoffs?

Probably deny he said he ever put the club up for sale!!

He has lost all respect from me after he aired his dirty laundry on Sky sports news.

I cannot defend the bloke any longer.

Gob the size of Africa.

The sooner he sells the better.

Smurf has been a top notch chairman who saved this club. It's disgusting that any so called supporters attacked him and threatened his family. Sometimes Vale doesn't deserve decent people like Smurf. To cement his legacy he's got to extricate himself from the club whilst leaving us with owners who care as much about the mighty Whites as Smurf does. Not an easy task but has to be done to ensure all what Smurf has done to date does not go to waste. Vale til I die.

Why indeed, it wasn't even a match day !! Anyone can walk around, doesn't necessarily mean they were fans, but what I find extremely interesting is that when they are looking at CT cameras for 'troublemakers' they can produce and publish their mugshots, no problem, but can't do it for some 'fans' who attacked the chairman !! Amazing...........

Possibly why security has been beefed up since I guess. Sickening and I do think the supporters club should take this matter up as a body and offer support to the chairman in anyway possible if we can to find this scum.

Probably deny he said he ever put the club up for sale!!

He has lost all respect from me after he aired his dirty laundry on Sky sports news.

I cannot defend the bloke any longer.

Gob the size of Africa.

The sooner he sells the better.

This whole affair does seem strange. I really don't know what I think of him at the moment. One minute I genuinely feel for the guy if his health is suffering, but then we get the Torquay story and the mysterious assault outside Vale Park.

I don't suppose we'll ever know what's really going on behind the scenes, but I bet it's not a simple as we're being told.

This mess needs sorting for everyone's sake.

Smurf has been a top notch chairman who saved this club. It's disgusting that any so called supporters attacked him and threatened his family. Sometimes Vale doesn't deserve decent people like Smurf. To cement his legacy he's got to extricate himself from the club whilst leaving us with owners who care as much about the mighty Whites as Smurf does. Not an easy task but has to be done to ensure all what Smurf has done to date does not go to waste. Vale til I die.

I agree it is shocking what has happened but i cant see that being the reason he wants out tbh

Wonder what Paladini is doing these days,lets throw him in there along with JCB and Caudwell

Archived